Blessing a baby?? Inactivity questions

sakuragirl

I haven't really posted in a long time so first allow me to apologize for turning around and asking questions out of the blue. I have been lurking and reading posts but not really been active.

I have been inactive in the ward for a while and a lot has happened. I have gotten married to James a wonderful (agnostic) man who fully supports my choice to follow any religion of my choice as well as support the raising of our children in the religion of our choice, the only condition he has placed on this is that I assure him that they will be taught other beliefs and that they will be tolerant of them. I have absolutely no issues with this at all. In the last several months I have been inactive and have visited many different churches of different creed yet none of them hit home like LDS.

About 8 months ago I was visited by the ward mission leader and missionaries and I had joined a low point in my life where I had convinced myself out of the truth of the church and a lot of the anti-lds things had begun to make sense to me. I was not living my life according to the gospel and had started to slip away. They invited me to church and I went, I felt so dark and alone in there that I closed off and even though I gave answers in school for the doctrine I guess it was obvious I was hurting.

The ward mission leader pulled me aside and this was someone I had grown to respect the year before so what he said hurt me deeply. He told me that I was unhappy because I was making bad choices and he could help me remove myself from the church records if I wanted. After that I left and was very upset. What hurt me more was the only time anyone spoke to me from church after that point was to try and collect money for offerings.

For the last couple of months I have been thinking about the church and about the baby especially seeing as I want to raise him LDS and have him blessed. I want to get involved with the church but feel extremely uncomfortable with my old ward due to this mission leader who is now on the stake from what I have heard. I am a firm believer in that my Heavenly Father and Christ are the only ones with the right to judge me and part of my mortal existence is to make mistakes and use them to grow closer to them. Do I have to go to the same ward, the ward boundaries were shifted and even though I am technically in the same ward there is another ward building closer, that I would have to drive past to go to the new building and what do I need to do for our child to help him get his right steps.

I have researched and found nothing and you are my last grab out on this topic as I am already past due and I know as a parent I am held responsible for this childs upbringing and growth to the Lord.

Why not go to the Ward closest to you and see if the Bishop will let you join that Ward?

Your goal of having your children raised in the LDS faith is GREAT! So, just go. Go this Sunday. Have fun! Go to Relief Society, tell them you are new and let the sisters love you and and give you the strength and comfort you need ! You and your children and your husband will be blessed by your faith and trust.

God Bless!

As for the Ward Mission Leader . . . there are things we want to say, what people hear us say, and what we wished we would have said. Seems as if a terrible misunderstanding has been made. I have found nothing in the church handbooks that instruct anyone to offer help in having your name removed from the church records. There have been times I wanted to suggest just that! But that is NOT my job. YOU have to request it and then only the Bishop can instruct you on what to do. That IS in the handbook.

Approach the Bishop and talk about this with him, (what was said, keep your name on the records :) ). Of course you can go to another Ward. Your records may stay in the first Wards records, but you can attend any Ward you desire.

As often as I or others may be wrong, misquoted or misunderstood, the gospel remains true. Give it another chance, with an open heart!

As far as having the baby blessed, you can do that in any ward, or even your own home.

As someone who can be tactless, may I suggest that you perhaps move past this persons comments and give them an other chance? Somethings I've said come out sounding so horrible and not what I was trying to say at all... I'm grateful for people who assume the best from me:)

I was asked this question by less-active members all the time as a missionary. As Church policy, members are supposed to attend the ward in which they live.

It would be better to attend your home ward and completely forgive this man as soon as you can. Just let it go. The more you leave the wound open, the worse it will get over time and the longer it will take to heal.

Congratulations on your new baby, that is wonderful news! God's blessings be with you!

Sakura if he is in the stake, he is not around every Sunday, so you dont need to feel bad. Feeling will pass. Looks like I need to write a new blgg... forgot to write about the fortprints in the sand ... my way... :D

You can read my blogs from my profile....

Just try to be as positive thowards teh hurch as possible ALL negative words about it to your Husband may make him feel uneasy about LDS. Be positivat and dont care of what others think, hold your head high! Let it be the others problem, dont take ita as yours. Just be the happy you! It will turn out ok... and as for the anti stuff... I know quite a lot about it and believe me ALL of it is eiteher decieving or not relevant to anyones salvation.