How many converts celebrate their baptismal anniversary?

ryanh

Do you celebrate? Anything special to commemorate the occasion?

I noted my 10th, but never did anything special. Not really planning anything for the 20th either. Too busy. Need to do grocery shopping. It is interesting to note and reflect on though.

Just curious what others might do, or how they look at their anniversary.

I remember it and reflect on it but other than that, not much. It's an easy date to remember, New Years Day, and that date seems to be a day of reflection anyways. It was a good day to be baptized!

My baptism date is the day before my birthday. I kind of wrap it up into my birthday celebration. I always do something for my birthday--unless it's on a Sunday. Then I just complain about not being able to do anything on my birthday.

I always think of my baptism on my anniversary. I remember it well and it holds a special place in my heart. I also always think about when I received my endowments on that anniversary. Those 2 dates are important to me, so I do remember them.

I have an adopted daughter who was 13 when she joined us. She and I go on a Daddy/Daughter date for her baptism anniversary date. She also wants a Daddy/Daughter date to celebrate the day she came into the family.

Why just a Daddy/Daughter date? I am the parent of record, not my wife and I.

Do you celebrate? Anything special to commemorate the occasion?

I noted my 10th, but never did anything special. Not really planning anything for the 20th either. Too busy. Need to do grocery shopping. It is interesting to note and reflect on though.

Just curious what others might do, or how they look at their anniversary.

The day of conversion and the baptismal date.