2010 Winter Olympics

Bethie

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Finland will winn the icehokey :D

I think my brothers are on mount Whistler taking care of the slopes, like always in witer time. They were the first downhill skiers in one big sports thing I think they were under 20 at that time. But they never had money to go to Olympics. Anyway they were Canadian champions.. or the younger was anyway and te older was among the 3-4 best.

I've got to figure out what time the opening ceremony is Friday. I haven't looked at the schedule yet. I'm afraid I might miss the opening.

Don't worry, they'll probably rebroadcast the highlights after the late news, and unless you have another hot date that night you should be able to make it home by then.

We're very excited to have the Olympics - but the lack of snow here is really going to shatter the stereotype of Canada being filled with igloos and Coke drinking polar bears. :) But the reality is that Vancouver itself rarely has any snow to begin with. But even the mountains barely have any which is a bit nuts.

I'm sure after seeing it even Sarah Palin will believe in climate change. :) :)

j.

Don't worry, they'll probably rebroadcast the highlights after the late news, and unless you have another hot date that night you should be able to make it home by then.

The only hot date I have is with you. Oh and with your wife and my other sister and brother and mother and....

We're very excited to have the Olympics - but the lack of snow here is really going to shatter the stereotype of Canada being filled with igloos and Coke drinking polar bears. :) But the reality is that Vancouver itself rarely has any snow to begin with. But even the mountains barely have any which is a bit nuts.

I'm sure after seeing it even Sarah Palin will believe in climate change. :) :)

j.

I don't know anyone who thinks that. Everyone knows the Coke bears and eskimos with igloos only live in Alaska.

I love figure skating as well... but then, I really like most of the winter sports. I still don't get the "push a rock across the ice and clear its path with broomsticks" one but I'm learning to appreciate it.

I just wish they would make men's figure skating more manly. A lot of times they skate like women too. This is the same problem I have with WNBA. They run like men, they jump like men, they shoot like men, they even dress like men, but they don't play as good as men, so I just skip it and watch the "real" NBA.

Okay I'm sorry. That had to have been about the lamest song I've ever heard during the opening or closing ceremonies of the Olympics. Nelly Furtado sang with absolutely no enthusiasm.