2010 Winter Olympics

Bethie

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've been curious about the USA snowboarding uniforms because it looks like they're just wearing their jeans down the mountain (and in the half-pipe), which would be very "in character" and very cool as well, but wouldn't provide movement, warmth, or flexibility needed. then I came across this article about the "Anti-uniform": Burton Introduces ‘Anti-Uniform’ for U.S. Snowboarders - Vancouver 2010 Blog - NYTimes.com

They had a story about that a couple of days ago, and the company that provided the uniforms wanted a jean type look though they aren't actually jeans like you or I would wear. I like them.

I'm glad I didn't see this before. I would have been soooooooooooooooo upset.

I think people need to be courteous to us in the western side that are seeing the events on tape delay.

Edited by pam

Christine Nesbitt of Canada won gold in the 1000m long track speed skating. I've been hoping one of our stations here will repeat the race so I can watch it, but no one will. I want to watch the race from start to finish, especially since I know how it ends.

M.

Oh man. That's the one coming up next for me. Well now I won't need to watch it. But only because I missed the earlier. But that's okay.

We have a station that shows most of the highlighted events which is nice.

I think in ice dancing they have to be in touch the entire time except for a couple of seconds to change hands etc. They don't do the jumps and the spins etc like the pairs figure skaters do. It's just doing like the tango etc on ice.

Your husband needs to adjust his priorities.

He figures everyone can say they've been to their daughter's wedding, but how many people can say they watched their daughter perform in the Olympics? I'm with you, though. :)

I have to admit. The ice dancing bores me.

I'll watch the original dances and the free dances. I watched the first one or two pairs during the compulsory dances tonight, and I heard the commentators say that all the moves and everything is completely prescribed in the compulsory dance, even the order and everything. So I decided I didn't need to watch the exact same thing 15 times tonight. Then I stuck in a disc of Alias and watched it for 3 hours.

I need a life.