• Dark Chocolate
    • Milk Chocolate
    • White 'Chocolate'
    • I don't like chocolate

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say i am appalled by my fellow member inability to understand "line upon line" and the scriptures

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. matt 18:16

2 or 3 witnessess

what does Alma say

Ye cannot be saved; for there can no man be saved except his garments are washed white

ll the holy prophets, whose garments are cleansed and are spotless, pure and white

Moroni

O then ye unbelieving, turn ye unto the Lord; cry mightily unto the Father in the name of Jesus, that perhaps ye may be found spotless, pure, fair, and white

“the white garment symbolizes purity and helps assure modesty, respect for the attributes of God

Molisi needed money to buy a new white shirt. He was to be ordained a deacon on Sunday, and he wanted to honor his priesthood by dressing properly

“May I suggest that wherever possible a white shirt be worn by the deacons, teachers, and priests who handle the sacrament. For sacred ordinances in the Church we often use ceremonial clothing, and a white shirt could be seen as a gentle reminder of the white clothing you wore in the baptismal font and an anticipation of the white shirt you will soon wear into the temple and onto your missions”

Anyone see the common denominator.? Yes the lord has (through his Church) and scriptures established a pattern. It is clear that one who chooses to eat Chocolate (one of Gods greatest gifts to man, besides bacon) they should do so with an appreciation and respect. White chocolate allows one really make that connection. and is clearly the superior chocolate product.

I'm reminded of a talk a while back "good, better, best" Reading books is good, reading books together as a family are better, reading scriptures together as a family is best.

Similarly milk chocolate is good, dark chocolate is better, but white chocolate is best.

And shouldn't we try to do the best things first?:)

Anyone see the common denominator.? Yes the lord has (through his Church) and scriptures established a pattern. It is clear that one who chooses to eat Chocolate (one of Gods greatest gifts to man, besides bacon) they should do so with an appreciation and respect. White chocolate allows one really make that connection. and is clearly the superior chocolate product.

I'm reminded of a talk a while back "good, better, best" Reading books is good, reading books together as a family are better, reading scriptures together as a family is best.

Similarly milk chocolate is good, dark chocolate is better, but white chocolate is best.

You know, that makes sense...white chocolate in the Celestial Kingdom, and high percentage dark chocolate in Outer DARKness.

Well that settles it. If living in heaven means only white chocolate for eternity, I'd rather live in hell.

Speaking of chocolate, you Americans had better look after Cadburys! After several centuries of being English, Cadburys was this month bought out by Kraft in a hostile takeover. Kraft made an offer to purchase Cadburys some time back, which was turned down. Kraft then went to the shareholders in a hostile bid to takeover the company, which succeeded and Cadburys was valued at $18.9 billion.

This has hit a bit close to home for me, as Cadburys was founded in Birmingham where I live, and I work within walking distance of the Cadburys factory. It's a bit of a shock to know it's no longer English.

I recently craved chocolate to the point of distraction. I was absolutely bereft of my drug of choice, and being broke, totally unable to find peace or satisfaction. In a fit of madness I opened the refrigerator and in stunned silence beheld the bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup. I had totally forgotten all about buying it just the day before. As soon as my craving was silenced, (and after I washed the chocolate out of my goatee) I put the near empty bottle back in the refrigerator and resolved to buy a couple more on payday. After all, being prepared for emergencies is part of the gospel.

Speaking of chocolate, you Americans had better look after Cadburys! After several centuries of being English, Cadburys was this month bought out by Kraft in a hostile takeover. Kraft made an offer to purchase Cadburys some time back, which was turned down. Kraft then went to the shareholders in a hostile bid to takeover the company, which succeeded and Cadburys was valued at $18.9 billion.

This has hit a bit close to home for me, as Cadburys was founded in Birmingham where I live, and I work within walking distance of the Cadburys factory. It's a bit of a shock to know it's no longer English.

As long as Kraft starts printing nutritional information (which I will ignore) on Wunderbars so that they can be sold in the USA, I don't care if Cadbury was bought out. :)

Actually, I can understand your situation. It's a little bit old news by now, but I learned this week that Nestle bought the Rowntree Candy Company. My maiden name is a derivative of Rowntree, and my ancestors are from York, so I was a little shocked to find out that Rowntrees is no more. Sort-of.

As long as Kraft starts printing nutritional information (which I will ignore) on Wunderbars so that they can be sold in the USA, I don't care if Cadbury was bought out. :)

Lol, it's not good for the employees. Already Kraft have proven themselves to be dishonest as they promised to keep open a factory elsewhere in the UK that cadburys previous management were in the process of closing. Strangely enough, they took a U turn on that decision as soon as it was confirmed the takeover was successful. The unions are not happy.

Edited by Mahone

I know one thing. American Cadbury's chocolate taste nothing like English Cadbury's chocolate. Maybe it's all mental but I swear they taste nothing alike..

I know one thing. American Cadbury's chocolate taste nothing like English Cadbury's chocolate. Maybe it's all mental but I swear they taste nothing alike..

That's because they aren't the same thing. Cadbury's gave Hershey a license to produce chocolate with the cadbury brand on it in the USA. Most Americans have never tasted real cadburys chocolate.

That's because they aren't the same thing. Cadbury's gave Hershey a license to produce chocolate with the cadbury brand on it in the USA. Most Americans have never tasted real cadburys chocolate.

I have. I had a companion who's twin served in the UK. Long story short he got a bar of UK Cadbury's chocolate in the mail. Good stuff.

I have. I had a companion who's twin served in the UK. Long story short he got a bar of UK Cadbury's chocolate in the mail. Good stuff.

The British Cadbury's is the best! I hope they still produce with that recipe. Whenever I hit the PX, I always stock up on Ritters and Cadbury's.

ANyone ever try the Aero Bar? It's a British chocolate with a whipped, airy center. It's milk chocolate and a bit sweeter than some of the other British chocolates. There's nothing like it in the US. Good stuff!

ANyone ever try the Aero Bar? It's a British chocolate with a whipped, airy center. It's milk chocolate and a bit sweeter than some of the other British chocolates. There's nothing like it in the US. Good stuff!

There is in Canada. It's one of my favorite candy bars.

I think that Bubble Chocolate is pretty similar to the Aero Bar. I've seen it once or twice, but from what I've heard, it's not too common here yet.

I must say i am appalled by my fellow member inability to understand "line upon line" and the scriptures

You are "looking beyond the mark." White chocolate is NOT real chocolate. It is white lard with flavoring. It is the apostate chocolate. Even Satan can appear as an angel in white, and this is his symbol.

When the scriptures say "white" they really mean "to be pure." And there is nothing more pure than dark chocolate.

Caffeine Content

All figures are approximate, especially with coffee. Different varietals can have different caffeine content, and the way the coffee is roasted can also change the values.

Double espresso (2oz) 45-100 mg

Brewed coffee (8 oz) 60-120 mg

Instant coffee (8 oz) 70 mg

Decaf coffee (8 oz) 1-5 mg

Tea - black (8 oz) 45 mg

Tea - green (8 oz) 20 mg

Tea - white (8 oz) 15 mg

Coca Cola (12 oz can) 34 mg

Pepsi (12 oz can) 38 mg

Barq's Root Beer (12 oz can) 22 mg

7-up (12 oz) 0 mg

Chocolate milk (8 oz) 4 mg

Dark chocolate (1 oz) 20 mg

Milk chocolate (1 oz) 6 mg

Ben & Jerry's Coffee Fudge Frozen Yogurt (8 oz) 85 mg

I just pulled the above off About.com.

I was recently at BYU at the Cougareat area, and a group of men were handing out drink samples. Of these samples, usually it would include a green tea product from this company. I asked "don't you also have a green tea", his reply was "BYU is caffeine free campus".

My question is: With the large chocolate counter at the Book store. A lot of people in this thread has said they love Dark Chocolate. What is the difference between Green tea and Dark chocolate..when they have exactly the same amount of caffeine...

Just curious....

Can we please not hijack this thread making it about caffeine? Please please please?

If you want to discuss caffeine content and how chocolate factors into the Word of Wisdom, it has really been discussed and rehashed a nearly infinite number of times on this site. You can find threads upon threads on the subject if you use the Advanced Search option.

You are "looking beyond the mark." White chocolate is NOT real chocolate. It is white lard with flavoring. It is the apostate chocolate. Even Satan can appear as an angel in white, and this is his symbol.

When the scriptures say "white" they really mean "to be pure." And there is nothing more pure than dark chocolate.

So that's why i love it. We found a way to turn lard into chocolate. and people say there is no proof of God