Reasons to embrace Mormonism?

MormonGirl02

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to say, that's a broad question. you say in another post you left and want to come back. why were you before? why did you leave? why thinking about coming back?

for most i would say testimony is the main reason they embrace mormonism. for me it's specifically a testimony of the covenants we participate in at the temple, the doctrines on personal revelation, the doctrines on the nature of the family and our relationship to god. i like the foundation and security living the standards give in a world that seems to be increasingly confusing in that area.

all i can think of for now. :)

I am a seeker of truth. I am convinced I have found it.

Truth is defined as things as they were, as they are, and as they will be. Many don't believe in an absolute truth. They believe truth can be changed based on your perception. God knows things as they were, as they are, and as they will be. When He reveals those truths to man, they are truth absolutely. It doesn't matter who believes, or how many believe. The majority can never decide truth.

To me, it's all about truth, or things as they are according to God's knowledge.

The Book of Mormon IS another testament of Jesus Christ. It tells me definately, as a second witness to the Bible, that Jesus is the Christ.

No other religion has that second witness. No other religion can claim:

D&C 76:

22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.

You can argue your opinions about the true nature of God with anyone, but one who has seen Him, and has been schooled and taught by Him, will know the truth about Him.

Being a Mormon/Latter-day Saint has been the most rewarding decision of my life. To know the will of the Lord concerning you and following it brings great peace and happiness. The extreme happiness I enjoy with my family is what I enjoy most about being a Mormon.

Isaiah describes it well in chapter 51 verse 3 - For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

I also love how much there is to study in the church. The Bible is excellent, but on its own there is limited information about the Lord and his plan for us. Tag on the additional scripture and there is so much more clarity. I love it!

Edited by Drac

Guest mysticmorini

the biggest testimony of truth to me is the description of the godhead. I wasn't really religious before the missionaries came to teach me and when they taught me about the godhead it confirmed how i had always envisioned the nature of god. i thought to myself "you mean there are people who believe the father and Christ are the same people?" and there are other doctrines as well that i feel are better explained through us than any other religion and I have studied most major christian religions.

For me, it is the only religion that has made sense. With it I understand who I am, where I came from, why I am here, and an idea of what lies ahead.

:)

That's what did it for my mother. She was an agnostic before she learned about the Church. Other peoples' notions about God didn't make sense to her, and she just couldn't believe in that kind of God. Then the LDS missionaries came along, and she instantly recognized something she could believe in (the Gospel, silly, not the missionaries themselves!)! She had to wait until she was 18 to get baptized, though, because her parents thought the Church was a cult!

HEP

Don't embrace "Mormonism". Come unto Christ...and find in HIM Eternal life. Come listen to a Prophets voice so you are not led astray. Be a part of HIS kingdom on earth...partake of HIS goodness and mercy and find a peace that is beyond understanding.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints IS the Kingdom of God on earth in preparation for the return of our Savior and Redeemer....Jesus Christ.

Edited by bytor2112

One of the reasons I decided to be baptized is because I finally realized who I was...a daughter of a Heavenly Father. I was never really religious before but my dad always insisted I go to his church which taught me that I should fear God, that every bad thing that happened to me was because of something I did wrong, and that everyone who did not believe what my dad and his church believed was damned. When I was first told that I was a child of God I did not fully understand the concept. I would go to Church with my husband and would hear it repeated all the time and actually thought it was kind of strange that it was said so much. One morning in Sacrament we sang the Hymn I am a Child of God and my life was changed. Now that I know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me and knows who I am has given me so much confidence. Who can tell me that I am nothing or don't matter when I am the daughter of a King? I am so happy that my children will grow up in the Church and have the knowledge of their divine potential.

There are only two good reasons to be Mormon.

1. You believe God wants you to be one.

2. You believe God is a good guy.

LM

This, at least it's the only reasons one should embrace Mormonism (and possible related nuances).

If we throw a not so good reason that people do (as opposed to should) onto the wood pile we have to add:

3. To please someone else (Girl/Boy Friend, Parents, spouse, even children).

Depending on what you read into number #3 you may or may not need more. I repeat, this is not a good reason (aka is a bad reason) to be LDS.

Edited by Dravin

If I were convinced that a young man named Joseph Smith, some time in the early 19th century, sincerely sought God's direction as to which church to join, and got answers directly from his emmisaries...answers that drove him to restore gospel truths that had been lost, and to found a whole new church, with doctrines unknown at the time...if God revealed that all this was really true...that would likely do it for me.

If I were convinced that a young man named Joseph Smith, some time in the early 19th century, sincerely sought God's direction as to which church to join, and got answers directly from his emmisaries...answers that drove him to restore gospel truths that had been lost, and to found a whole new church, with doctrines unknown at the time...if God revealed that all this was really true...that would likely do it for me.

That's what did it for me.

I recently went through a time in my life where I had a "falling away" of sorts from the church. What ultimately brought me back was a recognition of the very obvious difference it made in my life. It was not anything substantial or tangible, but that did not change how obvious it was. I attribute this to the spirit of truth- the spirit of Christ- the Holy Ghost.

When something is true, it is right. When something is right, you FEEL it, body, mind, heart, and soul. I did not recognize it when it was all I knew, but experiencing life without it made everything so much more clear. My mind feels open and enlightened when I embrace the gospel. My heart feels light and encouraged when I embrace the gospel. My body feels strong and invigorated when I embrace the gospel. My soul is at peace when I embrace the gospel.

I am a learner. I love learning. I love seeking the truth in all things. Every moment of my day I am seeking to pull the truth out of life. Even songs I listen to on the radio and movies I watch, I am pulling out lessons and pieces of truth that add to the big picture.

NOTHING has within it more truth than this church. The Book of Mormon is the most true of any book on earth. I am always learning something new when I read it, and when I apply its precepts to my life I am made a richer more blessed person. The prophets truly are men of God. They speak His words and offer His direction. It is through God's word that we will discover the truth.

I love science and history and entertainment. Yet each of these, I have to take in piecemeal slices, dissecting them to discover the hidden truths. I love world religions and learning about the many directions worship has taken in this world. Yet even with these, there are always portions that do not ring true.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is different. There is no pulling truth from the lies, misdirection, and misunderstandings. There is only honest and verifiable truth. Why would anyone pass this up?

What are the main reasons to embrace Mormonism?

as a culture? we're wacky.

In relation to the doctrines? It's true, we have prophets who get revelation from God- if you have any interest in getting all that God has to offer..... or are interested in being with your families in the afterlife.

Before the coming of the Savior, there will be only two churches, the least that belongs to the Savior and the great others will belong to Lucifer. Which one do you want to serve?

That statement is just as wrong and narrowminded as the crap coming out of the mouth of a mainstream christian member or born-again member accusing the LDS of the same fate.

Are you insinuating that the Saviour is going to cast these individuals into some doom-gloom fate because they don't belong to the LDS church?