Why aren't garments subsidized?

AmyKate88

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, the garments are to be worn fullly touching your skin? So how would anyone, male or female be able to wear regualr underwear also?

fully touching the skin us a mormon myth (or maybe an anti mormon myth, who knows). how one wears the garments is between them and the lord.

i don't know of men that wear regular underwear with the garments (not saying they couldn't) but i do know of women that do (a bra and panties during certain times of the month). if you remove the already mentioned myth wearing regular undies becomes much easier (wearing them under) however one can wear the undies over the garments if desired. it's not hard, it's simple layering of clothes just like you wear jeans over your garments (or any other undies).

Wait, the garments are to be worn fullly touching your skin? So how would anyone, male or female be able to wear regualr underwear also?

Over! The only time I wear underwear under my garments is during my female time. Obviously, "wings" don't work so well on garments. If you're not female, and don't know what I'm talking about...ask one.

well your lucky, most men's garment tops and bottoms cost over $3 and they are still not that high in quality

I don't know where you are getting your garments or what fabric you are getting, but the ones we get, Cotton Jersey and Drisilque are high quaility. My sisters get 100% cotton, and again they are high quality also.

I double checked the prices. The womens are priced pretty much the same as mens.

From 2.30 up to 3.50.

What I really don't understand is why any endowed member feels that the Church should give them a break on the price of garments. Go into Nordstrom's-Penny's-Bon Marche-or any of the other upper class stores and check the prices on the quality grade undergarments.

The LDS church is NOT making a profit on these garments for heaven's sake.

If, financially, it really is a crunch for you- then go to your Bishop and ask for help. We had to, to get garments for my Mother-In-Law. We just did not have the money to buy her more than 3 pairs and seeing that she was going into Assisted Living and they required 8 days worth of undergarments, we went to the Bishop, who in turn told the RS Pres. to take an order for us/her. We paid for three pairs, the Ward got the other 5 pairs for her.

Now in answer to the specialty needs, this is copy and pasted from lds.org

Other Needs

Some members have a need for garments that meet particular needs. Some surgical procedures such as mastectomies or colostomies may make standard garments uncomfortable or unworkable. Garments adapted to these needs are available through special order.

Special orders are also available for members who are unable to obtain correct sizing in standard garments or have workplace requirements. Special orders for these reasons will be priced the same as standard garments. Personal preferences may also be filled through special order for an additional charge.

If you have a sizing concern, a medical need, or a special requirement at your workplace please discuss your situation with a sales clerk at the Distribution Services store nearest you or with a Customer Relations phone representative. They will assist you in finding a garment to serve your needs or help you place a special order. There is a minimum order of two, and all special orders must be prepaid. Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Edited by Iggy

Oh for crying out loud! {{BIG SIGH}}

You wear garments instead of boxers/briefs and undershirts for the men,

and instead of panties (in any way, shape, form, or color) for women. As to where the bra goes, under or over- that is between the woman and God.

Guest mysticmorini

Oh for crying out loud! {{BIG SIGH}}

You wear garments instead of boxers/briefs and undershirts for the men,

and instead of panties (in any way, shape, form, or color) for women. As to where the bra goes, under or over- that is between the woman and God.

haha that seems obvious however the jewish version of garments, the Talit Katan, is seldom worn next to the skin, it is usually worn between an undershirt and another shirt on top of it.

well your lucky, most men's garment tops and bottoms cost over $3 and they are still not that high in quality

I've not had any of mine last less than 6 years, how is that not quality?

Have you tried buying regular underwear lately, you''ll pay MUCH more than $3 for some that may last 1 or 2 years.

Guest mysticmorini

i'm not complaining about the cost, for that matter i would gladly pay more for the choice of better quality. but i don't find the quality so bad that i'm upset. as for comparing cost you can get 4 undershirts and 4 pairs of fruit of the loom underwear for 19.00 which works out to 2.37 a piece.

• 2 weeks later...