Help? =)

PinkCow

Yes, I am still alive! =)

Okay, so I have been online some daiting websites... and I have been talking with this guy.... lets call him Elliot*...

So on Friday, my classroom was having an AWESOME Valentines partay. Holy Cow, can parents hook a classroom up, with treats! Whoooo. Anyways, one of my bosses was checking out our goodies, when my other boss came in with a lady who was holding a rose, and a gift bag. So the lady asked my other boss....'Which on is Dana?' And then my boss pointed to me. Anyways, the lady was like "Hi Dana, I work with Elliot*... and I'm like okay... thanks....

So, everyone was like What did you get? So I opened it, and it was candy and a stuffed animail cat.

So, word travels fast in a day care..... well maybe it's because I work with women...... and everyone had to come in to see what I got. =)

So, in your oppinion, was that creepy? Because I havn't met him yet, or nice. Or both?

*names have been changed to protect the innocent

I'd say nice. But then I am guilty of sending flowers to someone I've never met. I suppose it depends on how long you've talked with him and how close you are. If it was after the first talk that could be creepy, but if you've been chatting it up for a couple months, in my mind, that potential goes down.

Guest mirancs8

No not creepy at all that is really sweet! It's all about how you felt when you got it though. You obviously know what you felt when you got it so go with that feeling. I think it's very sweet but then again I AM a hopeless romantic!!

Okay, so I have been online some daiting websites... and I have been talking with this guy.... lets call him Elliot*...

I opened it, and it was candy and a stuffed animail cat.

was that creepy?

Maybe I'm missing something. You're talking with a guy on a dating website, he gives you a valentine's present, and you're wondering if that's creepy?

:huh:

Maybe you want to talk with guys on dating websites as a way of keeping them away from you?

What am I missing here?

LM

I don't really get the giving of stuffed animals, and why that's a popular romantic gift for a woman. That alone is enough to make it creepy to me. However, I second beefche's question -- were YOU creeped out?

Also, unless you specifically told him where you work (like, name, location, etc.), I'd be really creeped out. I think I might be anyway by the attempts to track me down while at work.

Hidden

Well as careful as I will be. It was all over Facebook, stupid Facebook! Okay, but see its kinda creepy. Anyways, we added each other to facebook, and I;m like whatever. And then he kept asking me where I worked, well he didn't asked me like 100 times a day, just when were were talking about work...... and I didn't want to tell him, because no, and then one of the girls wrote on my wall, see you tomorrow at work, and then he clicked her name, and viewed her profile, and then she put where she works on her profile, and he figured out where I work. That creeped me out.

But then yesterday, on of the support workers who travels to different day cares told me that she goes to the day care where he worked, and I wanted to ask her about him, and stuff, but I'm like creepy. :|

I'm not going to meet him any time soon, I can tell you that. I don't even know if I want to. Maybe its because I'm chicken, or maybe it's because all this makes me uncomfortable, because nothing like this has happened to me before, and maybe I am uncomfortable because he creeps me out a bit.

I don't know.

It was all over Facebook, stupid Facebook! Okay, but see its kinda creepy. Anyways, we added each other to facebook, and I;m like whatever. And then he kept asking me where I worked, well he didn't asked me like 100 times a day, just when were were talking about work...... and I didn't want to tell him, because no, and then one of the girls wrote on my wall, see you tomorrow at work, and then he clicked her name, and viewed her profile, and then she put where she works on her profile, and he figured out where I work. That creeped me out.

But then yesterday, on of the support workers who travels to different day cares told me that she goes to the day care where he worked, and I wanted to ask her about him, and stuff, but I'm like creepy. :|

I'm not going to meet him any time soon, I can tell you that. I don't even know if I want to. Maybe its because I'm chicken, or maybe it's because all this makes me uncomfortable, because nothing like this has happened to me before, and maybe I am uncomfortable because he creeps me out a bit.

I don't know.

Tracking down where you work is in invasive. I would be cautious and go with creepy. I'm really not a fan of online dating due to bad experiences my friends/relatives have had. You really need to get to know a person for a long time before you gave them any identifying info. My aunt met a guy in a public place and once she determined he was all right, she went to his place and he groped her.

Do you go to church at all - any church? I bet you could meet some great guys there who don't stalk people.

It was all over Facebook, stupid Facebook! Okay, but see its kinda creepy. Anyways, we added each other to facebook, and I;m like whatever. And then he kept asking me where I worked, well he didn't asked me like 100 times a day, just when were were talking about work...... and I didn't want to tell him, because no, and then one of the girls wrote on my wall, see you tomorrow at work, and then he clicked her name, and viewed her profile, and then she put where she works on her profile, and he figured out where I work. That creeped me out.

I don't know.

I am completely confused. You communicate with a guy that you have some interest in, you friend him on FB, didn't tell him flat out that you don't want to tell him where you work, and then find it creepy that he used investigative skills to send you a nice gesture.

I'm with Loudmouth on this. Why is this creepy? You are the one who allowed him to know so much about you. Typically on dating sites, you don't use your real name until you feel comfortable enough to do so. So, you must have had some comfort level with him.

If you think it's creepy that a guy you've never met sends you something, then perhaps you shouldn't be on dating websites.