Why do so many other faiths seem to dislike LDS?

Mute

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever the true Church and Kingdom of God has existed on the Earth, there have been a lot of people Satan has moved upon to try to stir up hatred against them.

Remember the story of Ester where a corrupt politician seeks for an excuse to eradicate the people of Israel. I wonder what inspired hatred to the point of seeking genocide?

A historian who was alive at the same time as Nero had this to say about the Fire that burned Rome to the ground (which Nero actually started, but blamed on the Christians.)

Tacitus

As a consequence, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians [or Chrestians[21]] by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but, even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. In accordance, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not as much of the crime of firing the city as of hatred against mankind.

Satan loves to put it into the hearts of everyone who will listen to him to believe that God's People are guilty of all manner of ridiculous things.

Apparently, the Christians were guilty of unspeakable evils and hatred of all mankind. Ummm ... right. Wonder who gave them that idea??

The up side is that it's a sign of the True Church and Kingdom of God. You can't have the real deal without attracting a lot of unfounded prejudice.

I can't even read the responses now. That is too funny. Talk about religious intolerance. I was arguing in favor of Catholics as well in another thread. That is hilarious.

That is sad. Openness and acceptance are very much parts of the Western secular tradition, but I suppose that is sometimes compromised when religious or political absolutism is forced into public discussion. Rejoice in freedoms while ye may, when the wolves are still at bay.

That is sad. Openness and acceptance are very much parts of the Western secular tradition, but I suppose that is sometimes compromised when religious or political absolutism is forced into public discussion. Rejoice in freedoms while ye may, when the wolves are still at bay.

I suppose I should have read their "Christian Chat Rules" Rules - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums

"1. Nothing anti-Christian, or inappropriate for a Christian chat room or forum.

Also please do not engage in any blasphemous, profane, or improper talk, or any talk that is offensive to our Christian community.

Also, please don't post any inappropriate links in your chat profile or in the forums, or in the chat rooms (e.g., links to anti-Christian sites, sites with inappropriate content, sites promoting other religions, cults, or doctrines contrary to the Bible)."

Apparently Christian is only those who believe as they do. Silly me for thinking LDS were Christian lol. I should have known the Bible only has one interpretation lol. I'm glad they don't use double standards.

"You have been banned for the following reason:

Continually arguing in favor or Mormonism.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I think they meant to say arguing in favor of Mormonism instead of or Mormonism.

In all honesty though, I wasn't arguing in favor of any religion. I was only arguing against religious intolerance, bigotry, persecution and lying. But those things are obviously ok to do as long as they're not done to those whom they deem "Christian".

Edited by Mute

Been there, done that Mute. For me it all started when a good friend of mine asked me to come over to help her in a forum called mormonism (should have been called antimormons). That was some 10 years a go. It was really terrible. The owner has not by today taken anyone there to moderate. So the use of words is not pretty, but we LDS have been able to make it a LOT better than what it used to be. Worst words now are stupid and blind... It is one of the biggest and most visited netforums in my country if not biggest and mormonism is only a small part of it. There are many forums one for each religion... If I write in an other religious part with my "name" just to talk about Bible or anything they attac me telling me, what I believe in and ofcourse I need to tell them the truth, and then they complain that I am in a wrong froum telling about LDS... well I have not been banned yet as I never start the LDS talk, they do, and I believe I am allowed to correct them :P

So anyway I went there and they were throwing all these weird accusitions at us, so I felt I wanted to learn to anwer them, so since then I have taken an interest in the defance of the church. FAIR Topical Guide

How ever I know there are people who dont care what you say they "know better" even though they are not mormons or have not even read the BoM. One just said that in BoM was some guy whose head was cut and who stod up and even talked... hedless... hmmm ... you ever red that part?? :rolleyes:

You Tube has some good materials too: YouTube - fairldsorg's Channel YouTube - TheBackyardProfessor's Channel

It is ok to ignore and hold fast on your faith and not "know the answers" as the questions are all wrong anyway! I have not seen ONE anti question with solid ground! They come from misunderstandings or meanness even direct from devil.

To say that Church is hiding something is not true, to say missionaries or some people lie is not true. Many dont know the answer, so they cant explain it or they say their opinion, that is not to lie. Misionaries are out there to FIND those who are touched by the spirit not those who need to know it all RIGHT NOW. To know it all... you need 5 eternityes for that! And most of all you cant runn before you learn to stand!

I stil have a lot to learn, but I have learned a great deal in these years and I just LOVE to learn more. This Church is SO SOLID! All one needs it the patiene to read the book through to know what is in it. And meanwhile keep the Faith in God even though He is running behind a corner sometimes... hey .. you know he is waiting for you there! :)

Let me add that Christians, in general, are persecuted worldwide. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not have a monopoly on that. Although we have a history of being persecuted against and many LDS (including myself) have personally experienced religious persecution at school, work, etc., it isn't just us.

Although the Church of Jesus Christ contains the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and has the priesthood authority, other Christian churches still teach truths that help bring people closer to Christ and for this they are persecuted, ridiculed, and killed. Satan hates all truth, no matter the source, and will stir up the hearts of men to suppress any truth that might lead one to God and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Regards,

Finrock

How ever I know there are people who don't care what you say they "know better" even though they are not Mormons or have not even read the Book of Mormon. One just said that in Book of Mormon was some guy whose head was cut and who stood up and even talked... headless... hmmm ... you ever read that part?? :rolleyes:

I have read a part in the Pearl of Great Price where John the Baptist appeared to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery. Of course his head and body were in a perfect resurrected state.

I am a convert of 10 years and still, in alot of ways, very new and unsure of myself in our church. I participate in many different boards on the internet that allow me to discuss subjects of interest to me. I have found that, over all, people feel quit free to make prejudicial remarks about LDS, either outright or slipped in the back door LOL, sort of stuff. I am likely not approaching this in the correct manner, but I do try to explain and challenge. On one board that I frequent, it is a board that discusses crimes - current and past - and there is a thread about Susan Powell's disappearance. Most posts are good but there are a few who are having a hard time restraining themselves when making comments. I have taken the time to explain many confusing things and have been thanked for my contribution. That made me feel good. I guess in my mind, and like I said before, I am not very mature in this Gospel I feel, I am ready to defend for the simple fact that certain groups and religions have been elevated above comments for fear of prejudice - certain things no one would ever say anymore - it is not accepted. I am not going to give specifics but I think you know what I mean. Our church is still freely, openly and inappropriately criticized. Why does it matter that this person is LDS if they are in politics or show business, or whatever. It shouldn't matter, but it does, and that to me says things are still off balance. I am mounting my own little battle against it, right or wrong.;)

I am a convert of 10 years and still, in alot of ways, very new and unsure of myself in our church. .... It shouldn't matter, but it does, and that to me says things are still off balance. I am mounting my own little battle against it, right or wrong.;)

Well said sister. I been in Church for 30 years still I feel like a novise. But one thing I noticed most of the ausitions are plain wrong for one reason or an other. So If I cannot right away answer I find out. Sometimes it is difficult to find words... and sometimes it really does not matter what words you use, the opponent has his fingers in his ears. But there are spectators... and the better you keep your calm and better proof you give, the spectators dont have their fingers in their ears... and maybe some day....

Keep up the good work sisters and brothers : Open your mouths and they shall be filled!

Dont doubt!

I hope this doesn't sound too peevish, but the last time I posted a link to a website that "criticised the Mormon church" my thread was deleted and I got an official warning from the mods.

Seems like it's one rule for one person, and another for everyone else.

*grumble, mutter, gripe,grinding-of-teeth - makes me almost as mad as BMW drivers!* :foaming:

;)

Edited by Jamie123

There is a difference in attacking the topic of the board (in this case Mormonism and in that, Christianity) and in defending or clarifying your own views. In other words, it's fine to say what your beliefs are, but not so much telling other people what they do or should believe.

The one thing that is so annoying is when someone says "You believe X" to which you say, "no we don't" and then they say, you are lying or you just haven't been taught the super secret stuff yet.

... well I have not been banned yet as I never start the LDS talk, they do, and I believe I am allowed to correct them :P

Maya, that makes me wonder what your experience has been regarding being allowed to express your ideas in Norway, Finland and the USA. How so they compare on this issue?

There is a difference in attacking the topic of the board (in this case Mormonism and in that, Christianity) and in defending or clarifying your own views.

Indeed there is. When I was given a warning, it was precisely FOR posting a link which supported the position I was referring to in my post. I was told that links to anti-Mormon sites were not tolerated *EVEN IF* they were only posted to prove a point.

P.S. I don't feel strongly enough about this to be upset about it :)

Edited by Jamie123

There is a forum set up that is only available to be viewed by those given access. There is a moderator forum and also a forum that only head moderators have access to. This is similar to how only those who have certified themselves as 18 can see that there is an open forum here for more adult-type discussions.

I vote for a ban of Prodigal for falsely reporting a post. :lol:

Too boring, I suggest trial by combat to see which of them is punished.

Before you accept Prodigal just keep in mind that as one of Mod team John Doe can request Ben Raines stand in as his proxy. Choose wisely. :D