about the death..

personne

Good evening excuse I for disturbing, I wanted to know, how takes place the end of life at home. I mean what is that there is a ceremony and or go the deaths, what is what we can be cremated at home or not? I speak about the body of the deceased or goes you he(it)? I do not speak about the judgment and about three kingdoms. Thank you in advance.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

There is no specific priesthood ordinance required when someone dies. Cremation or Burial are both accepted methods for respectfully dealing with the deceased person's earthly remains.

Whether being buried or cremated, if the deceased has been endowed then they should be dressed in their temple clothes. An endowed family member or endowed friend / branch / ward member should assist the people handling the preparation of the body with the proper way to dress them in the temple clothing.

You can follow the traditional burial practices of the country you live in as long as they do not run contrary to church teachings. A funeral can be held anywhere the family chooses including at the local ward or branch building. Normally the person's Bishop or Branch President would preside. The family can choose how the program will be presented but if it is held in an LDS meeting place it should be in line with church teachings.

A holder of the Melchizedek priesthood can dedicate the grave at a graveside service.

-- Info below is from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=a8cf18e7c379 b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=024644f8f20 6c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

In today’s world there are local laws in some countries that prohibit burial and encourage cremation; some metropolitan areas in Asia are so crowded that gravesites are a precious commodity and are outrageously expensive. Funerals and burials are prohibitive in cost to some of the most faithful members of the Church in that part of the world. Hence, although I personally prefer embalming and burial and although it has been the pattern followed by Israel, there appears to be no prohibition against cremation in the scriptures or in the theology of the Church. Certainly there is no doubt but that people whose bodies are destroyed by fire (cremated), as was the case with one of our Korean sisters in a recent hotel disaster, will rise again intact in the resurrection from the dead. The fundamental elements of the bodies of mankind are never lost or allowed to belong to another soul. (See Documentary History of the Church, vol. 5, p. 339.) These will be restored whole, as Alma has promised.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=2ca59207f7c20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=ba805f74db46c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

Dedication of Graves

LDS.org - Aaronic Priesthood Chapter Detail - Performing Priesthood Ordinances

Graves should be dedicated by a Melchizedek Priesthood holder, as authorized by the priesthood officer who conducts the service. To dedicate a grave, he:

1. Addresses Heavenly Father.

2. States that he is acting by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood.

3. Dedicates and consecrates the burial plot as the resting place for the body of the deceased.

4. (Where appropriate) prays that the place may be hallowed and protected until the Resurrection.

5. Asks the Lord to comfort the family and expresses thoughts as the Spirit directs.

6. Closes in the name of Jesus Christ.

Edited by WindRiver
Hidden

If the family is not of the same religion is this possible?.. Must the wishes of the deceased be respected first and foremost before the family or both?

Most family members would want to follow the wishes of the deceased person if they were clearly stated in a letter or a will. The problem of course would be when various family members have different ideas or recollections as to what the departed wished their funeral to be like.

It is a good idea just to eliminate strife in the family to have all of this written down in a last will and testament or a letter titled in the event of my death, sealed in an envelope and left in a place where it will be found, regardless of how old someone is, since one never knows when one might die.

Good evening excuse I for disturbing, I wanted to know, how takes place the end of life at home. I mean what is that there is a ceremony and or go the deaths, what is what we can be cremated at home or not? I speak about the body of the deceased or goes you he(it)? I do not speak about the judgment and about three kingdoms. Thank you in advance.

It is LDS doctrine that the ordinances of salvation be done and completed among the living. Though we do what is called the ordinances for the dead such ordinances are the same as for the living. They are only done for the dead, through the living, because such things were not accomplished by those that died during their life (which is the more desirable).

In general the things that are done at the death of our loved ones are more for the comfort of those still living rather than the hope of improving the actual circumstances of the dead.

The Traveler