tennis shoes adventure series

Gwen

this isn't really "book club" but i think it fits best here.

we have the tennis shoes among the nephites vol. 1 and the second, gadiantons and the silver sword. my 8 yr old has been reading them and is in love with them. he's going crazy for the next thing to read. so i looked them up and found there are like 10 in the series.

does anyone (in the usa) have the next book or two sitting around collecting dust they might like to sell for a reasonable cost?

I have all of them, and I love them, but I'm not willing to sell them. There are currently 10 in the series, but it's incomplete.

Books 1 and 2 can be read by themselves, but the rest of the books are parts of series(es) within a series, and the (current) final installment is, as yet, incomplete. It looks like there will be 2 more books to finish out that storyline. So this is how it goes:

Book 1: stand-alone

Book 2: stand-alone

Books 3-4: together

Books 5-7: together

Books 8-?: together

So if you want to torture your son, and make him read the books like us original fans, you'll make him wait a year in between all of them. ;) Or you could get your hands on 3 and 4 at the same time. :)

I just checked Amazon, and 3rd book (Tennis Shoes and the Feathered Serpent) is available starting at $11 new, or $4.23 used. The 4th book (Tennis Shoes and the Feathered Serpent, book 2) is available new starting at $14.38 or used starting at $10.70.

I fell in love with them when they first came out, (yea, that long ago). I would drive 45 minutes to an hour to work each day and I have them all on tape, (now on CD). I still listen to one every once in a while, if I had a road trip or I just want to some entertainment during a trip. (Sorry, I don't want to part with them; just wanted to let you know your son has good taste!)

wing, since you read them maybe you can tell me.... what is the difference in the feathered serpent 1 and 2 that you linked and this one i found from ram's link Amazon.com: Tennis Shoes and the Feathered Serpent: A Novel (9781555038052): Chris Heimerdinger: Books

Gwen, that is Feathered Serpent Book 1. The covers of some of the books are different now, and things have been more standardized. The first printing edition of Feathered Serpent 1 didn't say "book 1" on the cover. I just ran downstairs to check mine, and that link that you have is the same version of the book that I own. Book 2 looks nearly identical, except that it's red instead of bright royal blue (and it does say "Book 2" on it). Each book originally came out (if I recall correctly) in the late fall, and I received it as a Christmas gift each time, the first year it was available. I have all the older, non-uniform versions. :)

• 5 months later...

i just thought i would update this. lol something lighter than the other threads i've been reading today. lol

we picked up books 3 and 4 about 3 weeks ago.... he's half way though book 4 already. i think i'm going to make him earn the next one. lol