I'm back and well!

Br0therbear

Whoa! Wisc was proven right! Man, we should have had some kind of non-monetary bet going or something... okay Wisc - here's a cupcake for you.

Wisc was pretty rude in his response on that thread. I tried to be a little more objective and respectful, even though I generally agreed with him. After we both made our comments, the thread was closed, and we were railed on in another thread later that day for our outright disrespect and audacity. I'm trying really hard not to say "I told you so."

This would not be the first time I had seen someone post of their own demise.

I pointed out that very thing in that other thread, and was scolded for saying as much.

So,did you look?

I'm guessing it's really probably not appropriate to discuss that in the public are of the forum (i.e., outside the moderator forum). JD hinted that he did here:

To answer the question, there is some validity to that idea.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisc was pretty rude in his response on that thread. I tried to be a little more objective and respectful, even though I generally agreed with him. After we both made our comments, the thread was closed, and we were railed on in another thread later that day for our outright disrespect and audacity. I'm trying really hard not to say "I told you so."

I pointed out that very thing in that other thread, and was scolded for saying as much.

I'm guessing it's really probably not appropriate to discuss that in the public are of the forum (i.e., outside the moderator forum). JD hinted that he did here:

Hahah. Say 'I told you so'. Whoever scolded you deserves a little ribbing. ;) I'm sure they'll take it in good humor, as long as it's being said in good humor and not meanly.

Plus, I should point out that if someone is desperate for attention, there's usually a deep-seated psychological reason for it. Whoever did this probably alternates between being enraged that someone didn't believe them to feeling utterly worthless that they feel the need to lie.

Interesting how many people thanked FriendofBrotherBear for the news of the passing, but no thanks for the news that there has been a resurrection. Seems that would be more appropriate news to be thankful for.

Whats REALLY interesting is that you would assume we posters are all gullible sheep. BrotherBear IS FriendofBrotherBear and IS just messing with us. :) I looked into it.

So, for everyone who was clever enough to see through BrotherBear, pat yourself on the back. ^_^

Anyways, I know this post will most likely be deleted, and thats just a testament to pride blinding us from the truth, but at least its out there for now.

BrotherBear, you have been a very naughty little girl. :P But Im glad to have my original thought confirmed that this was all a prank and not an actual death.

PS I TOLD YOU SO :) :)

Edited by Wisc

Whats REALLY interesting is that you would assume we posters are all gullible sheep. BrotherBear IS FriendofBrotherBear and IS just messing with us. :) I looked into it.

So, for everyone who was clever enough to see through BrotherBear, pat yourself on the back. ^_^

Anyways, I know this post will most likely be deleted, and thats just a testament to pride blinding us from the truth, but at least its out there for now.

BrotherBear, you have been a very naughty little girl. :P But Im glad to have my original thought confirmed that this was all a prank and not an actual death.

PS I TOLD YOU SO :) :)

Again as before in the other thread, while your opinion is valid, your approach is rude and offensive even to the people you are not attacking.

Well since this was brought up publically and after research and investigation by several of the moderators, we felt that we needed to respond publically to BrotherBear's request. So you get me.

Please, I use the Verizon Wireless Network to post and I use Linux as well. A friend turned me on to it. Let me know if I can post some data you can use. Pam, thanks for re-enabling my account. I'm not really computer smart so my good friend (who's a computer guru) helped me set all this up. He said I didn't have to run antiviruses or anything! Neat!

Since you brought this up, I will say that your profile location, school location and the location of your IP do not match up.

Since the FriendOfBrotherBear's IP almost matches your IP, this then makes it all very suspect. With our experience as moderators in these situations, it causes us to be very suspicious and creates a situation that causes concern to us.

Plus in comparing your posts and the posts of FriendOfBrotherBear side by side, there are too many similarities to not have us questioning this as well.

So, I have no idea who this 'friend of' is, they're certainly not my friend. Also, it looks like there's really no unique information that I've not posted before openly. For example, my cats, hoarding, my location, etc. I'm more than angry at what they posted especially at this time in my life where I was going through all these struggles. I have no idea what would compel someone to make up these lies.

This person joined the site at 8:32 pm and made their first post at 8:44. While it's possible this person may have been lurking to have read all of this about you before joining, it's still very suspect that they would be using the same internet provider. Quite a coincidence.

You've asked us to prove that you are on the up and up. I'm sorry to report, that we just aren't able to do that based on the research we have done.

I've seen this before many times on other sites. They get a kick out of concocting a shock-value story and reading all the replies they get from it. And, from the information the Mods are able to pull up on users, the OP's stars just don't align.

Oh and ditto, Wingnut. Best if thread is closed, perhaps, once OP gets a chance to respond if the Mods feel it necessary :]

i would like to point out if one goes back and reads many of the trials brotherbear has been through while on this site the responses were very supportive and the benefit of the doubt has been given. i don't think anyone wishes any harm to brotherbear.

in the same breath i would like to remind ppl to review the LDS.net Internet Safety Guidelines » LDS Mormon Network .

i would also like to offer a caution that though we try to be supportive here and hopefully uplifting those who are undergoing trials we have to remember that we really don't know who is on the other side of the screen. we do need to protect ourselves. not just from those that would physically harm but those that would emotionally harm. when we invest ourselves emotionally we give power to strangers to alter the spirit of our home and lives. if they upset us, make us angry, depress us, make us question our testimony.... just a short list of what can become an emotional invasion into our homes and lives. giving such power to strangers can be a very dangerous thing.

i know this has gotten long but i'm not done yet so stay with me. this post is directed at everyone. brotherbear, you are obviously very upset about this. my cautions that you do not know who is on the other side of the screen and giving away emotional power are for you, those that believe you and those that don't.

the mods have not "taken a side" in this situation. merely stated the facts of what we know for sure and what we don't, with some perspective of what moderating experience says about that knowledge.

last reminder, if you believe brotherbear or not the rules of the site still apply. anyone breaking those rules will have consequences. please think before you post. anyone who feels those rules have been broken (on any thread) should report the post.

A good amount of this appears to be circumstantial evidence. Like I said, I use Verizon wireless, a national cellular data carrier across the US. I spoke with my computer friend and he said my "IP pool" would be the same. Not sure what that means but there you have it. He said also look at the "user agent" or something.

Either way, I'm tired of defending myself. Conclusions have been drawn, I've been accused and found guilty. I've been labeled by those whom I thought were my friends.

As such, I feel that I can no longer comfortably participate here. I'm sure many still believe that I've been here concocting elaborate stories for my amusement and that I and all these other pseudonyms are the same; we are not. Perhaps some will delight at my departure and pat themselves on the back assuring themselves and their peers that they were right and that judging and hanging me before the facts were even presented was right.

Know that I am not the same as these other people, none of what was posted has been fabricated, and that you've successfully drove a member from your ranks based on loose circumstantial evidence and accusations. I had been tried and found guiltly long before this thread. Amazing, at no point have I ever attacked or degraded anyone here and have tried to offer empathy and sympathy. I've been attacked and accused of several things here by various members long before the moderators ruled in.

Celebrate, cry, laugh, do whatever. Know that you've unjustly judged me and ostracized me without merit. I'm disappointed but life goes on. I'll move on to those who are more welcoming. I expected more.

"Faith is an oasis that cannot be reached through the caravan of thinking."

-Sarah

Couple of things, why is my account banned? I've not been gone that long and I haven't logged in since I've been gone?!? Did I do something wrong?

Good news! I'm doing great. I've been out of the loop here lately because I went home for a bit to stay with mom and dad and see my brother. It was really nice to get to see them again, the bad news is I've got a lot of catching up to do at school. My ward has been very supportive.

I miss you guys (and gals!).

-Sarah

Well thats a relief ^.^

Good to see youre ok :D

Celebrate, cry, laugh, do whatever. Know that you've unjustly judged me and ostracized me without merit. I'm disappointed but life goes on. I'll move on to those who are more welcoming. I expected more.

-Sarah

Please don't make a sweeping exit. If you're going to leave, just leave. It has far more dignity.

I'm sure many still believe that I've been here concocting elaborate stories for my amusement and that I and all these other pseudonyms are the same; we are not.

-Sarah

Sarah, I am not clear which "other pseudonyms" you are referring to here now. I am only aware of this one, "Br0therBear" which you used when you couldn't access this one, and "friend of" who told us you had passed away. I said it was unfair to accuse you of being "friend of" without concrete proof and am still of that opinion - innocent until or unless proven guilty, but surely you are not denying that "BrotherBear" and "Br0therBear" are both you? :confused:

A good amount of this appears to be circumstantial evidence. Like I said, I use Verizon wireless, a national cellular data carrier across the US. I spoke with my computer friend and he said my "IP pool" would be the same. Not sure what that means but there you have it. He said also look at the "user agent" or something.

Either way, I'm tired of defending myself. Conclusions have been drawn, I've been accused and found guilty. I've been labeled by those whom I thought were my friends.

As such, I feel that I can no longer comfortably participate here. I'm sure many still believe that I've been here concocting elaborate stories for my amusement and that I and all these other pseudonyms are the same; we are not. Perhaps some will delight at my departure and pat themselves on the back assuring themselves and their peers that they were right and that judging and hanging me before the facts were even presented was right.

Know that I am not the same as these other people, none of what was posted has been fabricated, and that you've successfully drove a member from your ranks based on loose circumstantial evidence and accusations. I had been tried and found guiltly long before this thread. Amazing, at no point have I ever attacked or degraded anyone here and have tried to offer empathy and sympathy. I've been attacked and accused of several things here by various members long before the moderators ruled in.

-Sarah

A famous man once said, "Me thinks [she] protests too much!

Meaning this BrotherBear; for someone who just "beat cancer" you sure are focused on making sure everyone believes your story about not being a trixster. You have given detail upon detail about computer IP addresses, network providers, etc etc.... but not one single sentence regarding your medical news... again, last I heard you were found to have a tumor and were being admitted for urgent care at a hospital and would have no internet access....and now, you only mention having been at your parents this whole time and that they have wireless internet. I read where you wrote that twice just to make sure I was not seeing things.

BrotherBear, you know and I know what the truth is here. SO I see no reason to lay out all the dirty laundry on the table. But just remember an internet connection can be traced right down to what room of the house you're in. (with the right resources of course)

Anyways, I am glad no one really died and I wish you well in life. But leave the deceptions to to the professionals. Wolves fit much better in sheeps clothing than Jackles. ^_^

I believe you BrotherBear! I hope you continue to stay healthy and find some true friends here going forward.

I really want to click laugh, but I'm not certain if someone made this particular username and this post as a joke.

I don't want to misuse the laugh, so if you're serious, just know that the laugh is a genuine "Hahah. Clever."

I really want to click laugh, but I'm not certain if someone made this particular username and this post as a joke.

I don't want to misuse the laugh, so if you're serious, just know that the laugh is a genuine "Hahah. Clever."

By all means laugh FunkyTown!~ SisterBear is FriendofBrotherBear. I checked it out. :lol::lol::lol: