Beautiful images!!

bytor2112

44 But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and call things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.

The earth is a beautiful place.

this probably sounds really stupid......but those pictures make you realize how big the earth really is. i mean, normally when you look at a circular picture of the earth, you see all of north and south america. all of europe and asia. it's so different looking at it from those angles. i had to really look to figure out the one with asia on it. amazing.

Just to put these pictures into perspective, the 1972 "blue marble" picture (which I believe was voted the most influential picture in history), was the first of its kind. Never before had anyone been able to capture what the earth looked like all at once. Now, not even 40 years later, it is so common place that we are marveling about having caught a glimpse on a particularly clear day, let alone at all.

Amazing pictures indeed.

Just to put these pictures into perspective, the 1972 "blue marble" picture (which I believe was voted the most influential picture in history), was the first of its kind. Never before had anyone been able to capture what the earth looked like all at once. Now, not even 40 years later, it is so common place that we are marveling about having caught a glimpse on a particularly clear day, let alone at all.

Amazing pictures indeed.

From the article:

The land and coastal ocean portions of the images are based on surface observations collected from June through September 2001 and combined every eight days to compensate for clouds that might block the sensor’s view of the surface on any single day.

• 2 weeks later...