Insemination Tomorrow

Tarnished

Good luck Tarnished! Is this your first try at insemination? I also went through intrauterine insemination to get pregnant. In the '80's the average amount of inseminations to go through before success was about 4 months. I was successful after 2 months (2 inseminations per cycle/month). Inseminations are definitely cheaper than IVF.

M.

Good luck Tarnished! Is this your first try at insemination? I also went through intrauterine insemination to get pregnant. In the '80's the average amount of inseminations to go through before success was about 4 months. I was successful after 2 months (2 inseminations per cycle/month). Inseminations are definitely cheaper than IVF.

M.

This is my first try. I understand that it may not work this time. Unfortunately for us insemination though cheaper for our insurance is more expensive in one way for us. It requires more vials than IVF does. Since we only have 12 to work with we are hesitant to do more than one AI attempt as each AI attempt uses 2 vials and each IVF attempt only uses one vial. I am kind of hoping that the AI works on this attempt because I hear it is much less intrusive than IVF is.

This is my first try. I understand that it may not work this time. Unfortunately for us insemination though cheaper for our insurance is more expensive in one way for us. It requires more vials than IVF does. Since we only have 12 to work with we are hesitant to do more than one AI attempt as each AI attempt uses 2 vials and each IVF attempt only uses one vial. I am kind of hoping that the AI works on this attempt because I hear it is much less intrusive than IVF is.

If your doctor can determine with somewhat good precision when you ovulate, your chances are good. I believe IVF can be quite intrusive. Good luck again!

M.

Infertlity has been my burden/trial as well.

Good Luck!

Of course, infertility ISN'T Tarnished burden exactly. Lead-up testing at the fertility clinic confirmed that she is "perfect." Their words not mine, so it's not me just bragging about my wife.

I'm the problem of course. Zero bullets in the gun. Sperm count = "What sperm, I don't see any?" Yeah, chemotherapy, especially at bone marrow transplant levels of chemotherapy is very, very bad for reproductive organs. Good thing we planned ahead, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess now we move on to the higher % chance options.

Artificial insemination chances of success = 20%.

In vitro fertilization chances of success = 40-50%.

We'll get there. Ball is already rolling for in vitro, just as we planned. This is just a speed bump.

• 1 month later...
Guest mormonmusic

We did that to have our first child and it worked like a charm. And now we have a little girl whose growing up to be a beautiful young woman. I'm glad we did it! Good luck!!!

Thanks, the Artificial Insemination didn't work, so we are now working at trying In Vetro Fertilization (IVF) I just had the procedure yesterday to remove eggs from me. So far so good. Tuesday (May 11th) is when they transfer the embryos back into me. Hopefully this try works.