Another lds.net get together

pam

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Moe, we were supposed to have a final head count to the restaurant yesterday. You missed the cut off. Hope you enjoy conference though! I'll be listening for your name when they read newly called GA's. :D

MOE can take my place, I can't make it.

Friday April 2 (TONIGHT!),

7:00 pm

Marie Callenders

1109 East 3900 South

Salt Lake City, UT 84117

Those attending:

pam +1

Beefche

KeithLBrown

Aruth5000

Honor +1

Elphaba

Dravin

Ryanh +1

GhostRider

PookyBear

If I've missed anyone, or if someone needs a ride or wants to carpool, let me know. Ruthie and I will be heading in from the north.

Edited by Honor

:( Sorry to hear it Iggy.

You and me both! I was soooo looking forward to meeting her and spending some time with her. I even cleaned my house for her--that's how much I was looking forward to having her stay with me! :P

She can explain things better, but basically, she got sick on her way to Utah, and had to turn around a go back home. :(:(:(

Iggy-less Elphaba

You and me both! I was soooo looking forward to meeting her and spending some time with her. I even cleaned my house for her--that's how much I was looking forward to having her stay with me! :P

She can explain things better, but basically, she got sick on her way to Utah, and had to turn around a go back home. :(:(:(

Iggy-less Elphaba

I got sick- think it was a tinge of food poisoning ( ate creamed loaded potato soup at a Denny's and it was flat and sort of tinged the back of my tongue- like when you eat something sour like sour cream or lemon) and a grilled three cheese sandwich which tasted awful. Had three bites before I realized how awful it was.

I had a fever- my face broke out in a rash (don't know about the rest of my bod- all that was exposed was my face- - my hands and lower arms never are affected by hives or rashes), my skin ached (still does) and for me that is a harbinger that a Cold has taken up residence in my body.I was nauseous and had diarrhea (not something you want while you are on a road trip!!) AND my head ached (still does even after taking 5 MG/500MG of Vicodin last night. PLUS some how I got turned around and did a 2.5 hour circuit from Kanab UT through a treacherous mountain pass and back to Page AZ.

Heavenly Father got me through the pass, protected me as I swerved on the highway dozing off and pointed me back in the direction of home. So I listened to Him and called Elphaba to tell her I wasn't making it. I called my husband to tell him what had transpired and then I found a pull out and slept for 1.5 hours.

I left Kanab, UT at 8 am and arrived home south of Phoenix at 7:15 ish PM.

Next time I am traveling via Las Vegas and with my Husband. I absolutely need a navigator- a living, breathing Navigator. OR I am going to fly in!!

I am ever so grateful that Heavenly Father was oh so present on this trip! I am also grateful that I have this week off from work, so that I can get well, also on the plus side, Husband is off work too. He took vacation time so that he could get our taxes done.

I wanted so much to meet and have a decent visit with Elphaba and her family, and to meet the lds.netters. I still have 7 days of vacation time coming to me, so I will see what I can do. What husband wants to do - cause it is 'Our' vacation not just mine.

Aww iggy that is aweful! Glad you made it back alright. I know what it is like to travel long distances alone. Get better soon cause if Vicodin isnt helping the headache then it really has to be bad!!!

on a side note...is this the Marie Callenders that is by St Marks hospital? my GPS thingy says yes but it has been known to lie to me at times in the SLC

Pooks and I are leaving now and I will be checking the site from time to time till we reach SLC. Thanks all see ya soon and again get better there Iggy!

Aww iggy that is aweful! Glad you made it back alright. I know what it is like to travel long distances alone. Get better soon cause if Vicodin isnt helping the headache then it really has to be bad!!!

on a side note...is this the Marie Callenders that is by St Marks hospital? my GPS thingy says yes but it has been known to lie to me at times in the SLC

Pooks and I are leaving now and I will be checking the site from time to time till we reach SLC. Thanks all see ya soon and again get better there Iggy!

Yup! :) See ya there! (Kiddo will be in tow tonight - finally)

I would tell the news but I think it's EP that should tell everyone.

Seriously I had a great time. So many laughs. It was great. ryanh..your daughter is a delight.

I had a terrific time. Pam's daughter is ADORABLE! So friendly--how she is so friendly after living with "grumpy", I don't know. :P Ryan's daughter is cute as a button--very animated and poised around a bunch of weirdo adults. Honor's son--well, he was the life of the party. Taking pics of people's knees, the silverware, the button on Keith's shirt....a real Ansel Adams.

So, the rumors are that Keith and some hot woman were stuck at his hotel. Pam terrified the waiter (did you notice how he rarely came around her?). Elphaba and Dravin were awfully close together while discussing something. Aruth actually ate food. Ryan honed in on everyone's jokes. Honor just sat there being regal and pretty while watching Ghostrider and Pookie make googly eyes at each other.

All in all, a great time. I was a little shy so I didn't talk much.

And eternalpromise--ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY! I wanna say something, but it's your news.

Pam terrified the waiter (did you notice how he rarely came around her?).

But didn't you notice he was pretty okay with taking a lovey dovey pic with me..or was that just to get me to hurry up and leave?