Me, my goals and my strength

aaronwkelley

I stumbled across this site the other day and decided to join this evening. A forum set up is exactly what I'd like to be apart of, however the goals that I have in mind that I want to accomplish are more based in the secular world. What I mean by that, is that I feel the things that I want to say in a forum are best heard by people that need to bridge the gap between the secular world and LDS. I am a convert myself and was inactive for many years so feel like the LDS church is a bit of a foreign body to me, although God has always been in my life. So for me to take on a task, such as perfecting the saints, I feel that I'm ill equipped for. My wife and I, with our 2 boys, are now going back to church after many years and the growth that I have gained, both within myself and within my relationship with God has grown to such extents that I could never have imagined. My father was never in my life and my mother was crazy and not capable of raising me, therefore I grew up and have to this day a great deal of self esteem issues and insecurities. With my growth, comes more esteem and more securities, so that I'm able to do things that I wouldn't have been able to years ago, like post on facebook things that I believe. Here in this forum it's easy to say I believe in god, but on facebook it's not so easy, at least for me. I'm trying to put together some information that I plan to use to make a youtube video. That information is logical connections between truth, happiness and holyness. While doing so I stumbled across something simple, yet so profound. Everything that god has ever commanded us to do, every word of wisdom comes down to these two question that I stumbled on tonight. Q, "What do you want" A, "Happiness". Q, "Where do I find Happiness." A, "With Love". What do you think? Do you think that's accurate? Every single act of love brings happiness. Not neccessarily to everyone, like Laben, but he himself didn't love. I believe this to be true, so to love is to have happiness. Plain and simple. God lives and through his great work and through our prophet Joseph Smith we have in our grasp the whole truth which we need to go to where we so much desire. We are truly blessed in this time.

• 4 weeks later...