Hugh Nibley's book "One Eternal Round" is HERE!

KerryShirts

Just received my copy yesterday.... just finished reading this 650 page magnum opus tonight..... utterly ***INCREDIBLY*** stellar, interesting, and simply breath taking to read.........I will be producing many a video on this lil baby......... If you DON'T purchase this text, you cheat yourselves. THANK YOU Michael D. Rhodes for spending 4 years of your life making sure this magnificent publication did not become obscure. It's a feather in your cap.

Just received my copy yesterday.... just finished reading this 650 page magnum opus tonight..... utterly ***INCREDIBLY*** stellar, interesting, and simply breath taking to read.........I will be producing many a video on this lil baby......... If you DON'T purchase this text, you cheat yourselves. THANK YOU Michael D. Rhodes for spending 4 years of your life making sure this magnificent publication did not become obscure. It's a feather in your cap.

I'll add that it is, of all the books Nibley ever wrote, my favorite. He brings in Alchemy, Hermeticism, Kabbalah, Free Masonry, the Tabula Smaragdina (parallels to the hypocephalus are absolutely STUNNING!) many ascension literatures, Sacred Geometry, and ALL in *favorable* lights!!! No joke, this was unlike much of his other themes wherein he downplayed things in order to elevate something else. In this book, IT IS ALL GOOD. Absolutely stunning. This is the wake up call to we LDS to broaden our views, open our minds, and get more serious about learning far more than in our own tradition and culture. It really is vintage Nibley with a vengeance. He is saying HEY LDS, don't you think it is time to take others serious instead of only ourselves and our view of truth and religion? I really believe he takes the roof off the house with this astonishing book. Only Nibley could have pulled this off. Now if we will just take the clue and run with it. We don't do very well with the clue that Joseph Smith gave us about learning the Biblical languages, perhaps Nibley can nudge us a bit more? We appear to be sleep walking through an awful lot, and all this stuff is prophesied to come forth. To the critics Nibley is simply destroying your objections. Course, you won't agree with me on this, but he is anyway. Wow are we *all* behind or what?! None of us can claim knowledge now if we ignore this. Well, I mean we can claim it, but those who read it and get it will see the hollowness of such an claim. Trust me, you WANT to read this, friend and foe alike.

I'll add that it is, of all the books Nibley ever wrote, my favorite. He brings in Alchemy, Hermeticism, Kabbalah, Free Masonry, the Tabula Smaragdina (parallels to the hypocephalus are absolutely STUNNING!) many ascension literatures, Sacred Geometry, and ALL in *favorable* lights!!! No joke, this was unlike much of his other themes wherein he downplayed things in order to elevate something else. In this book, IT IS ALL GOOD. Absolutely stunning. This is the wake up call to we LDS to broaden our views, open our minds, and get more serious about learning far more than in our own tradition and culture. It really is vintage Nibley with a vengeance. He is saying HEY LDS, don't you think it is time to take others serious instead of only ourselves and our view of truth and religion? I really believe he takes the roof off the house with this astonishing book. Only Nibley could have pulled this off. Now if we will just take the clue and run with it. We don't do very well with the clue that Joseph Smith gave us about learning the Biblical languages, perhaps Nibley can nudge us a bit more? We appear to be sleep walking through an awful lot, and all this stuff is prophesied to come forth. To the critics Nibley is simply destroying your objections. Course, you won't agree with me on this, but he is anyway. Wow are we *all* behind or what?! None of us can claim knowledge now if we ignore this. Well, I mean we can claim it, but those who read it and get it will see the hollowness of such an claim. Trust me, you WANT to read this, friend and foe alike.

O.K., one nifty insight (amongst thousands in his book(s)) that I will share quickly...... his sacred geometry of the hypocephalus is simply one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen with the Book of Abraham facsimiles. Sacred geometry is a serious study of mine, and this was just revelatory from beginning to end! One thing that he does which is pure delightful is SHOW how and why our hypocephalus (as opposed to all the others) is separated in the compartments that it is, and why it has the horizontals the way it does, in an odd thirds arrangement. It is because of the way the golden rectangle perfectly fits on the hypocephalus right alongside and next to the golden spiral all IN ONE geometric figure. It makes the goose bumps show up on my arms! Truly DELIGHTFUL! Fully illustrated on pages 606 and 607, and 608. With the explanations also.

My videos won't be nearly a good as his book however.......

sigh..... I am a very slow reader :( I need to get through Cumorah +++ first...:D "Offenders of the word" Seems to offer me a big chalange. I have opened it twice looked at it and taken another book.... :huh:

I visitied Hugh (family friend) at his house a week before he turned his manuscripts over to the publisher. He had stacks and stacks of typed papers strewn about the front room. I imagine his bedroom was worse. He said that he just couldn't finish it because he kept getting ideas - that very morning is had some epiphany that the corporate scandals of our day were analogous to the royal courts of some ancient society (which I cannot recall). He said that he wished he could publish each chapter as a paper in journals rather than as a complete book - as each had so much merit that he wanted them to stand on their own.

I asked if the book showed or proved what he intened and he said: absolutely - it's incontrovertible.

Got mine a week and a half ago. I like what I have read--it's very enlightening, and surprisingly accessible. More so than much of Nibley's other writings on the BofA. This might be due to Rhodes' contribution. My one quibble is that Nibley apparently didn't write a concluding chapter summing up the "so what" of the previous chapters. He did that for most of his other books--that is, the ones written as proper books or magazine series, and not compilations of articles and talks--and I found those chapters genuinely moving and informative. I understand that he kept putting off the concluding chapter because he regarded this as the culmination of his life's work, and he felt that if he actually finished it then he would be taken and didn't want to go quite yet. (This was according to Bro. Richard Cracroft in his review of Nibley's biography.) Still, we are very fortunate to have this one last gem from Bro. Nibley's magnificent mind.

Got mine a week and a half ago. I like what I have read--it's very enlightening, and surprisingly accessible. More so than much of Nibley's other writings on the BofA. This might be due to Rhodes' contribution. My one quibble is that Nibley apparently didn't write a concluding chapter summing up the "so what" of the previous chapters. He did that for most of his other books--that is, the ones written as proper books or magazine series, and not compilations of articles and talks--and I found those chapters genuinely moving and informative. I understand that he kept putting off the concluding chapter because he regarded this as the culmination of his life's work, and he felt that if he actually finished it then he would be taken and didn't want to go quite yet. (This was according to Bro. Richard Cracroft in his review of Nibley's biography.) Still, we are very fortunate to have this one last gem from Bro. Nibley's magnificent mind.

Heh......isn't THAT the truth! I suspect it's a legend about why he was putting it off. I suspect he just kept finding more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...