Blessings and Curses

hethathathears

...won’t happen by Republican or Democrat, or even by electing an Independent for they will all mutate into weasels just like we have now.

Curse the day we first heard of recombinant DNA or let fair Utah be the nuclear waste dump of the world!!!

I think that the Almighty is actively bringing down curses on a rebellious and foolish American nation

For what it is worth, something drastic happened to end both the Age of the Trilobites and the Age of the Dinosaurs. There was no sign to be found that said, "Look at our chitinous shells and enormous jaws Ye mighty and despair". Only a few fossils here and there among the rocks and the lizards.

The date was Sept. 4th 2009. I thought it would be just another day of town halls and health care debates. I also knew it would be the day of President Obama’s speech to the school kids.>snip<I was concerned that we would get yet another Czar that would further complicate my life as an American citizen.

And I was right. At the end of his speech, President Obama put his arms up like Charleston Heston in the 10 Commandments and revealed another radical Czar that he hoped would pull for the Obama team. But to my surprise, this one was not one of the far left radicals like all of Obama’s other nominees. This one was from the far right, right, right, right. The Lord God Almighty. Obama said, at the conclusion of his speech, “God bless…. God bless America.”

. . . .

Upon hearing this news, I quickly gathered my family, loading them into the car and headed off to a celebration dinner at the Red Lobster. We were almost there when I ended up slamming on the brakes, almost causing a wreck on the freeway of my home town in Bellingham Washington, because it just occurred to me that the Almighty doesn’t work that way.

So, you write a post bloviating on about how evil mankind is, yet you have no problem with your own lying in said post.

Do you really expect us to believe you were doing a "happy dance" merely because President Obama did what every president has done since Washington, and said "God bless America?"

Are you so ignorant, and/or naive, that you don't realize the trials facing the country during each president's tenure were not resolved in the manner you describe, despite the fact most of them had said "God bless America," during their public addresses?

Additionally, do you really expect us to believe that your blatant disdain for President Obama suddenly disappeared because he said "God bless America"?

Of course you're not, and of course you don't. Therefore, the beginning of your screed proves you lied, as it is obvious you made the whole thing up, "happy dance" "slamming on the brakes," and all.

The next time you want to go on (and on, and on, and on) about how evil mankind is, you ought to take your own advice, get off the computer and spend the time praying or reading the scriptures. After all, the Church is strictly opposed to lying, yet you seem to have no problem using the Church's theological teachings to support your choice to lie.

Plus, I just really hate liars, because they assume I'm too stupid to notice. I'm not.

Elphaba

Edited by Elphaba

Plus, I just really hate liars, because they assume I'm too stupid to notice. I'm not.

Elphaba

I didn't read the wall of text he wrote, but I should point out: He probably doesn't think you're too stupid to notice.

I bet he thought he'd be saying something that everyone agreed with, since he probably lives in an area where everyone does agree with him. He thinks what he's saying is painfully obvious and wonders why anyone would be stupid or evil enough to disagree with him.

I really can't argue it because after the first couple of paragraphs, where he talks about Obama like he's the Antichrist come to crush America under the boot heel of Communism, I couldn't finish it. I'm impressed, though, Phabs. If you finished it, you're better at this sort of thing than I am.

So, you write a post bloviating on about how evil mankind is, yet you have no problem with your own lying in said post.

Do you really expect us to believe you were doing a "happy dance" merely because President Obama did what every president has done since Washington, and said "God bless America?"

Are you so ignorant, and/or naive, that you don't realize the trials facing the country during each president's tenure were not resolved in the manner you describe, despite the fact most of them had said "God bless America," during their public addresses?

Additionally, do you really expect us to believe that your blatant disdain for President Obama suddenly disappeared because he said "God bless America"?

Of course you're not, and of course you don't. Therefore, the beginning of your screed proves you lied, as it is obvious you made the whole thing up, "happy dance" "slamming on the brakes," and all.

The next time you want to go on (and on, and on, and on) about how evil mankind is, you ought to take your own advice, get off the computer and spend the time praying or reading the scriptures. After all, the Church is strictly opposed to lying, yet you seem to have no problem using the Church's theological teachings to support your choice to lie.

Elphaba

Breath dear Sister, BREATH.

Your economy is fine. It may not be doing as well as some people are accustomed to, but you've still got it good.

That is relatively true. We have low interest rates and low taxes...at least when compared to Pre-Reagan. While I admit, I complain alot about taxes, the truth is that I am mostly irked by the tax code and the horrible nightmare of navigating through it in order to keep some of your money. That being said, federal income taxes have been very low since Reagan. Clinton increased taxes some and taxes will go back to Clinton levels in 2011, but, all things considered taxes are very low when compared to the 70's and earlier.

I am optimistic about the recovery, though I do fear we could dip back into recession for a quarter or two. The biggest concern is spending. We so need to reel that back in and soon.

That is relatively true. We have low interest rates and low taxes...at least when compared to Pre-Reagan. While I admit, I complain alot about taxes, the truth is that I am mostly irked by the tax code and the horrible nightmare of navigating through it in order to keep some of your money. That being said, federal income taxes have been very low since Reagan. Clinton increased taxes some and taxes will go back to Clinton levels in 2011, but, all things considered taxes are very low when compared to the 70's and earlier.

I am optimistic about the recovery, though I do fear we could dip back into recession for a quarter or two. The biggest concern is spending. We so need to reel that back in and soon.

I appreciate your optimism and wish I had the same.

Although it is true, that our economy is relatively good, the key word is relatively. No one has ever accused me of being to humble (even when my nic was allmosthumble), so I could say that I am relatively humble when compared to others. But the truth is, I lack when it comes to humility.

So, in my not so humble opinion, this country needs a better economy. So does every other country on this beautiful blue planet.

I too, am concerned about the spending, but not just the amount. Equal in this travesty, is the fact that money is being spent on big companies, in big amounts and given to small companies in small amounts, if at all.

If I got it right, the new jobs bill gives a three thousand dollar tax credit to a small company who add a job to their roles.

I try not to digress, but there is so much sarcasm in me, could not these companies also get a tax break for saved jobs?

Am I the only one who can not see the value in giving a three thousand dollar tax credit to hire some one, if that new hire cost you twenty thousand a year, in wages, insurance and the cost of human resource? Why bother?

If you ask me, and your probably won't, the Lord doesn't send down curses upon us. We bring them upon ourselves.

Edited by boyando

As stated n the 4 postings, this kind of spending just can't continue and the whole system not break down. It is basically snow balling out of control.

Today, America's national Dept is $12,392,217,069,181.97 Date Feb-18-2010

When Barak Obama took office is was $10,626,877,048,913015 Date Jan-20-2009

Back in Sept 2000 it was $5,677,647,064,339.47

It took America 220 years to get from 0 dept to $5,677,647,064,339.47. The Congress has received permission to raise the dept ceiling to $14,300,000,000,000 by the end of this year. Right now, America is paying $300 Billion dollars per year in interest on our dept. For the first time, we are now paying out more Social Security money than we are getting in. With this practice, we could be facing a deficit of $16 trillion by the end of the year. Now to understand how much a trillion is, if you went into business the day Jesus Christ was born, stayed open 365 days a year, and lost $1 million every day, you'd have to work through today and for another 700 years before you'd lose $1 trillion.

Right now there are 9 countries on the verge of imploding because of their economy, and the USA is one of them. It is just like the Lord said in Duet 28.

Looks to me like someone forgot to factor in the concept of compound interest.