The Fulness of the Gospel?

Guest mormonmusic

Good morning mormonmusic! I hope you are doing well today. :)

So, since posting this question, one possible answer that has struck me -- is that for salvation in the celestial kingdom, all you need is the first principles and ordinances of the gospel -- correct? Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost and then enduring to the end?

I think you've got the answer. The key to understanding this is to know what is entailed in the word "gospel". It means "the good news". It does not mean that all doctrine and all knowledge are contained within it. When it is said that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel it means exactly that. It contains the fullness of the "good news." Stated most simply the gospel is, "God’s plan of salvation, made possible through the atonement of Jesus Christ" (Source). The first principles and ordinances of the gospel entails the fullness of the gospel.

To get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak, see 3 Nephi 27:13-21 and D&C 76:40-43.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

Finrock

Edited by Finrock
Grammar correction

The 100% complete fullness of the gospel is so large that it would be impossible for us to understand it now. Only in the Millennium or Celestial Kingdom will we be able to understand every detail of it. So in that aspect the Book of Mormon doesn't contain the fullness of the gospel. neither does the church.

But then the gospel is so perfects that it can be simplified so that even a child can understand it. So yes the Book of Mormon does contain the fullness of the gospel.

Having the fullness of the gospel doesn't mean we have to know every little detail of God's plan for us.