Clothes and that sort of thing, etc etc.

Bini

I'm 5 foot tall and pretty small. I have a super hard time finding clothes that fit me well. Especially bottoms! This refers to jeans, pants and skirts! Typically I rummage through the Junior section to see what fits. I can find my size but of course I'm too short for any of the jeans etc etc so I end up doing a lot of hemming.. And even then, the fit is not right because while my hips might be in place, my knees are higher up than where the intended knee-bend of the pants are. Does that make sense? The Misses are always bigger sizes so I never bother with that section and the Petites are always so limited BUT they fit me so much better! So does anyone know of any good places (online or offline) that has a good selection of Petite apparel?

Thanks.

^

Honor, you have a point there. Lengthening is much more challenging! :lol:

But. It's easy to find "long" bottoms. But "short" bottoms, are still too long for me. :P

Dravin, haha I didn't expect to see you in here. I have a rule against shopping for clothes at Walmart. Call me shallow but that just doesn't fly with me. Target and Kohls do offer Petite but their selections are very very limited. If you're not careful, you could end up looking like grandma..

I have bought intimates from VS in the mall but that's it. I'm going to checkout their website and see what they have in their catalog. Thanks, never considered VS.

I have a friend who buys the majority of her clothes from them because she is tiny, just like you. She also has to have her garments customed made- she told me she is a size 0.

I'll ask her where else she gets her clothes from.

I have a friend who buys the majority of her clothes from them because she is tiny, just like you. She also has to have her garments customed made- she told me she is a size 0.

I'll ask her where else she gets her clothes from.

OK I checked out VS online and they had a small selection of Petites. I probably will have to go to a physical location and checkout the store.. They had some cute stuff though, a bit mix-matched but summery, which is perfect I guess since summer is just around the corner.

Yeh any more suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Okay, she finally answered me.

I buy my clothes at- Aeropostale for jeans and T-shirts. They have really small sizes and even have size 0 jeans.. Also, I shop at Ross, JC Penny, Kohl's, or any dept store where I find my size for dresses.

You want to shop the Junior section, and Petite. Another one is Liz Claiborne New York.

Have you tried googling 'Petite Womens Clothing' there are quite a few hits that came up.

I'm 5'2" and this is also a problem for me. For pants, I often buy skinny jeans/pants because it doesn't matter where the knee hits- unlike bootleg or flared jeans. I also shop in the boys department, or the petite section of Banana Republic (Which is quite inexpensive when you buy on sale, and I really enjoy the style and selection).

For some reason I never really caught onto the "skinny jeans" phenomenon. They look goofy to me. So I only have like.. two pairs of those. I don't wear them often cos I think it makes me look like a teeny-bopper sporting the latest trend :Þ But you're right. That style is much better knee-fitting.

Well I guess the nice thing is that summer is just around the corner and I can wave farewell to my long pants and start wearing shorts! I need to tan my legs to match my arms anyway. :lol: