I was just Baptised

Landy77

Ok, I was baptised today. To me it was more like waiting for the ball to drop during new years. Two hours away... thirty minutes... etc. then the world goes back to normal. The bishop mentioned going out on home teachings to meet the people of the ward. I kind of looked away during that part. In my mind I am not qualified to teach someone and I honestly aam not one for titles. I will help etc, but I am not one to seek positions to feel important. Any thoughts?

Guest mirancs8

Congrats on getting Baptized!! I too am a new member of the church. I think that would be a great opportunity for you to get out there and meet people. I would jump on it. Anyway that you can get active in the church community is such a wonderful thing. If you don't feel comfortable I can understand that but look at it as a positive thing.

Good luck!

home teaching is very important. dont stress over it. its a great way to meet people and build life long friends...dont worry about the title...but take advantage of all the programs the church has to help you grow. Home teaching and visiting teaching are very important, we all are called to do this..its like were assigned to be guardian angels...to these brothers and sister.and were all a big family...welcome and congradulations again...enjoy this wonderful journey....

CONGRATULATIONS!! When I received my first Visiting Teaching list, I was a little over-whelmed. I didn't think I would be able to teach anyone because I felt like everyone knew more than me, but after I did my first one I realized, like some people already mentioned, that it's less about the teaching and more about getting to know your sisters (and brothers in your case) and being able to provide support for them. I absolutely enjoy it now, even though I need to be better at it, and I've gotten to know the people in my Ward even better than I did. Congratulations again, it's soo exciting!!

Congrats on your baptism! I was also just baptized on 3/27 and confirmed 3/28. Don't stress over your home teaching. Like everyone has said it's more about getting to know your new ward family and less of actually teaching anyone. They will usually pair you up with a senior home teacher too so you won't be alone. If you are in doubt of anything, whether it be exactly what a home teacher does or things you need to know don't hesitate to ask your ward family! Again, congrats on your wonderful choice and hold on because this is just the start of something beautiful!!

Congratulations! Ditto what everyone else says. The leaders know you are new, so don't stress. I'm getting baptized in early May and my first thought was that I'd love a first assignment like this! What a great way to meet people and become a real part of the community. Again, congratulations! Conversion is a process, not an event. :^)

Ok, I was baptised today. To me it was more like waiting for the ball to drop during new years. Two hours away... thirty minutes... etc. then the world goes back to normal. The bishop mentioned going out on home teachings to meet the people of the ward. I kind of looked away during that part. In my mind I am not qualified to teach someone and I honestly aam not one for titles. I will help etc, but I am not one to seek positions to feel important. Any thoughts?

Grats on the baptism!

None of us are honestly qualified o teach.... least that s what all my best teachers tell me anyways ^.^

1. Don't panic.

2. Have Faith in God.

3. Pay attention to your feelings.

4. Be prayful and diligent.

5. Be a friend and neighbor... home teaching is about watching out for each other (in an official manner).

Scriptures are great to share... Share the ones that have helped you, or have made an impression on you that day.

Edited by Blackmarch

• 2 weeks later...