Future Missionary =]

Hey! My names Austin, I've been a member of the church for about 4 years. This seems like a cool online community for LDS people and I'm stoked to be here. Right now I'm in the process of preparing for a Mission. I'm stoked, and can't wait to go =]

Thanks guy! I haven't gotten my call yet. I'm still getting the money to go together. But my Bishop say's I'm ready as soon as I can meet the ward halfway. I want to be gone as soon as possible. I'm from California, but now I live in Las Vegas. I was way surprised to see how strong the church is out here, it's awesome! and stoked means excited =]

Welcome!! That's awesome! I'm a convert as well and am in the process of preparing for a mission too!

I am statistically Catholic, but I have seen some truths in just what little I have heard so far, regarding Jospeh smiths revelation. I do not know enough about LDS doctrine in order to defend it but I do have many contacts with people who fill me in on what I need to know or do not yet understand.

Hey! My names Austin, I've been a member of the church for about 4 years. This seems like a cool online community for LDS people and I'm stoked to be here. Right now I'm in the process of preparing for a Mission. I'm stoked, and can't wait to go =]

I haven't even allowed myself into the LDS church on sunday. I am a bit tied to my devotions at Mass. Mormons do not believe in transubstantiation, I find this heartbreaking and it is my biggest barrier to officially joining...

I am statistically Catholic, but I have seen some truths in just what little I have heard so far, regarding Jospeh smiths revelation. I do not know enough about LDS doctrine in order to defend it but I do have many contacts with people who fill me in on what I need to know or do not yet understand.

I haven't even allowed myself into the LDS church on sunday. I am a bit tied to my devotions at Mass. Mormons do not believe in transubstantiation, I find this heartbreaking and it is my biggest barrier to officially joining...

That's way cool! I was raised Catholic. The LDS Church seems a bit different. By transubstantiation do you mean the sacrament? We partake of the Sacrament in remembrance of the atonement too =]

Transubstantiation is what we call the bread at mass when it becomes the body of Christ.

Wait... My understanding was the you called the sacrament (bread and wine) the Eucharist, and transubstantiation is the doctrine that once consecrated the bread literally becomes the body of Christ and the wine the blood of Christ (though while literally such is still appears to be bread and wine)? Is this incorrect? Or where you simplifying?

Wait... My understanding was the you called the sacrament (bread and wine) the Eucharist, and transubstantiation is the doctrine that once consecrated the bread literally becomes the body of Christ and the wine the blood of Christ (though while literally such is still appears to be bread and wine)? Is this incorrect? Or where you simplifying?

Transubstantiation is what we call the transformation of the host. The host itself is called the Eucharist yes.

Transubstantiation is what we call the bread at mass when it becomes the body of Christ.

...perhaps I could have worded it better.