President Uchtorf - Sunday am session

Many members quit participating in Church activities because they feel they don’t fit in.

He states he hopes that we would love all no matter how they are dressed etc. To extend a welcome hand to all. Extend compassion and charity so that all feel like they have found home.

In our zeal we sometimes confuse sin with the sinner and are likely to condemn too quickly.

Every person we meet is a VIP to our Heavenly Father. Once we understand that we understand how we should treat our fellow men.

We are commanded to support and heal rather than condemn.

Let us love at all times.

True love requires action.

Love is the grand motive for the Plan of Salvation.

Let us commit to become His hands so that others may feel his loving embrace.

Edited by pam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember one day going to church in my tatty very muddy jeans straight from an excavation, I remember knowing in that particular ward knowing I would be loved noone would say anything, I still felt self consicous, the Bishop changed his talk (I now know he had noted I looked uncomfortable) and he said something along the lines of we should come to church dressed the best we can, somedays, that might be jeans if we have access to nothing else, and even if we have no clothes we should come naked because then he and the RS president would be aware of the problem and could do something to fix it lol

He was an amazing man, I am just loving the way so many of his talks or similar messages come out of President Uchtdorf and President Monson's mouth. I remember having an argument because I had heard this Bishop and read in one of my Father in Laws talks as a member of the Stake Presidency that they would rather have a congregation that loved each other and broke every other commadment, than a congregation that kept most of the commandments but forgot to love., my RS in my branch didn't like that at all, really funny my Branch President then who came from the same area as this Bishop, said it himself in the following Sacrament and recently it was said in a General Conference. So many of the things I have said that have been disapproved of in my branch are now coming in General Conference:)

I also love the bit about how people treat you when they don't expect you to stay, I was 15 when I got baptized, I had a very obvious crush on Elder Hoopes lol and it was supposed that was the reason behind my baptism. Couldn't be further from the truth it was actually his companion that converted me, I didn't have the same massive crush lol but he had a scriptural answer for everything, he could find me a scripture to answer all my questions. I had spent 10 years nearly looking for this baptism, and ok due to the fact I only had one and a half discussion lessons and attended one sacrament meeting that was like listening to a foreign language lol I wasn't entirely sure what I was letting myself into, I knew God had led me and it was where He wanted me.

Edited by Elgama

• 10 months later...

Due to my deafness, I read body language. Beside watching him speak through closed-captioning, I also looked at how President Uchtorf's body language matched how his facial expression was as he spoke. First of all I see that being a pilot for a long time had given him the skill of calmness through all types of weather in the skies. Secondly, his ability to remain calm had given him humbleness while Uchtorf spoke carefully. His facial expression had displayed his shinning happiness. Our Lord had led him to the right career which had given him the gift of a remarkable speaker as one of the valuable members of our church. We, including President Monson, are very lucky to have him other than Eyring, too.

However, tell me, readers - if you don't mind - what was President Uchtorf's voice like? Does it match his body language and facial expression well? Smiling...

Due to my deafness, I read body language. Beside watching him speak through closed-captioning, I also looked at how President Uchtorf's body language matched how his facial expression was as he spoke. First of all I see that being a pilot for a long time had given him the skill of calmness through all types of weather in the skies. Secondly, his ability to remain calm had given him humbleness while Uchtorf spoke carefully. His facial expression had displayed his shinning happiness. Our Lord had led him to the right career which had given him the gift of a remarkable speaker as one of the valuable members of our church. We, including President Monson, are very lucky to have him other than Eyring, too.

However, tell me, readers - if you don't mind - what was President Uchtorf's voice like? Does it match his body language and facial expression well? Smiling...

Yes he has a happy voice. A voice full of love. YOu also hear the humor in his voice as well. Thank you Vida for putting into perspective for me something I take for granted.