New account; old poster

Matthew0059

Guest mormonmusic

I thought that was against the rules, although I think taking on a new username is akin to renewing your life here again...welcome back! (I don't remember any of the contention that you were drawn into, so your slate is clean from my perspective).

WB.

I thought that was against the rules, although I think taking on a new username is akin to renewing your life here again...welcome back! (I don't remember any of the contention that you were drawn into, so your slate is clean from my perspective).

My understanding is that it's against the rules to use two accounts simultaneously. It's fairly common on forums to register under a new account in order to start afresh, to get rid of any bad reputation a person might have on a forum. Usually in these cases they don't announce the change though, so I'm guessing that isn't the reason in this case. Wish we could do this in life :D

Edited by Mahone

Glad you're back, Max! It's always good to see someone return after a while.

As Zechariah 1:8 says,

I saw by night, and behold a man riding upon a red horse, and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in the bottom; and behind him were there red horses, speckled, and white.

I just randomly picked a passage in the bible. I figured I could pretend to be wise by picking a random verse, then nodding wisely and hoping people figured out a way to use it as a parable. As long as my lack of inner monologue doesn't give me away, it should work like a charm!

i would pm a mod

Already did.

In case anyone is wondering, this is the third and final username I'll be using on LDS.net; my change of usernames is representative of phases of my life. So while I did have some issues with some people, and definitely caused some hurt feelings that I regret, I didn't change it to hide from the fact.

It's good to be back. :D

although I think taking on a new username is akin to renewing your life here again...

Use the Atonement, my friend!

As Funky said:

I saw by night, and behold a man riding upon a red horse, and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in the bottom; and behind him were there red horses, speckled, and white.

You can see from this passage that the night represents the old life. Only in the light of a new day can one see such details about horses. So obviously, this passage is about repentence and putting off the old man to take upon ourselves the new man. Welcome back, our prodigal Max who shall now be known as Matthew.

WB.

My understanding is that it's against the rules to use two accounts simultaneously.

It is. The mods are aware of this situation and have approved it. Occasionally we have posters in good standing who leave and then some time later wish to return under a new handle. No one has been misled in this circumstance.

It is. The mods are aware of this situation and have approved it. Occasionally we have posters in good standing who leave and then some time later wish to return under a new handle. No one has been misled in this circumstance.

Actually maxel/Matthew0059 is not using two accounts simultaneously. He used to use one, now he uses another. They are not being used together. The former account is not being used to post with. That is what I was trying to point out, that he is not breaking the rules.

You are missing the point. We ban people for holding multiple accounts quite regularly, whether they are actively using both or not. Site rule #7 states: "7. Multiple accounts are not allowed and will result in all accounts being banned from the site." The mere existence of unapproved multiple accounts can get you banned from the site. This change was approved.

You are missing the point. We ban people for holding multiple accounts quite regularly, whether they are actively using both or not. Site rule #7 states: "7. Multiple accounts are not allowed and will result in all accounts being banned from the site." The mere existence of unapproved multiple accounts can get you banned from the site. This change was approved.

No, I didn't miss that - I posted with my understanding of the rules at the time. However in my second post, I was clarifying that my original post wasn't trying to incriminate the OP, which is what your post seemed to imply.

No, I didn't miss that - I posted with my understanding of the rules at the time. However in my second post, I was clarifying that my original post wasn't trying to incriminate the OP, which is what your post seemed to imply.

Who's on first? :P

My name is Matthew; I posted for roughly a year and a half under the username of "Maxel". I'll be posting again for a while, and thought a name change would be appropriate for personal reasons.

I wondered where you'd gone to. Seriously, I was going ask about you today. I'm not kidding!

Elphaba