O, how wickedly righteous!

Tephrochr

I'm obviously new, being that I'm posting here. I've been a member for 7 years (come this November) and I'm waiting five months until I can submit my papers. I absolutely love doing research on our doctrine and have a special focus when it comes to anti-Mormon drivel - in that I enjoy dissecting what they have to say about us and showing it to be false. After posting on my blog (which I shamelessly advertise), I was looking for other religious blogs, specifically LDS, and came across an anti-Mormon blog, which was mostly trash as far as I could tell. Anyway, I've been interested in joining a forum of some kind just to discuss topics with other people and when I came across the anti blog I decided a LDS-friendly forum would suit me just fine. So I checked out Google for some "Mormon forum"s and this was the first result - so here I am!

Welcome. While your hobby is fine now, I would advise you to leave it behind when you enter the mission field. Dissecting, disputing, and disproving will not help you there. You need to learn doctrine, how to teach it, and how to teach it by the Spirit; you don't need to be able to debate better than the other person.

I would advise you to leave it behind when you enter the mission field.

Haha, I'm very much looking forward to leaving it behind when I receive my call - it can be fun, but it's also exhausting. Additionally, I know there's no place for that on a mission, so I'm working on curving my argumentative side.

Another good board for those who enjoy dissecting anti-LDS drivel is the Mormon Apologetics Discussion Board (MADB ).

Thanks, I'll check that out!

And thank you, mynewlife and dazed-and-confused, I'm excited about being here ^_^