Time To Liven This Room Up

Prend1

Isn't it obvious?

Women are the enemy of all that is good and holy in the world. You poor, poor heterosexual men. I'd organize a parade to extol the virtues of men, but I'm busy fixing my hair up to go ensnare the attention of a man who will never appreciate me.

I swear, there just aren't enough hours in a day.

(Setheus, Honey, the seams on your nylons aren't quite straight. And those kitten heels do nothing for your legs.)

Originally posted by CharlieDesRosiers@Jan 1 2006, 08:58 AM

Isn't it obvious?

Women are the enemy of all that is good and holy in the world. You poor, poor heterosexual men. I'd organize a parade to extol the virtues of men, but I'm busy fixing my hair up to go ensnare the attention of a man who will never appreciate me.

I swear, there just aren't enough hours in a day.

(Setheus, Honey, the seams on your nylons aren't quite straight. And those kitten heels do nothing for your legs.)

ROFL....ohhh Charlie sign me up ....sounds fun to watch a parade of just men..... as long as they leave the pantyhose at home.....Setheus...your scaring me....LOL

Seriously though, EDITED WITH : I'm going to turn this around a little... the "who" and the "event" since I think that makes things more interesting. Most women look for more than just a good time, they tend to think with their hearts, and what they want out of life... which they need to find in the "who". And I wouldn't say that all men are so shallow to just think of one thing, the "event" only. If they all thought like that....the world would have a problem with all those grooms with the mind set of an 18 year old..... LOL....we would be in trouuuuuuuble.

All men are not so immature .....there are those who can think with their hearts too... (gals....don't give up!) and I dont' think that men hold the monopoly on "event" thinking. There are gals who have just the same thought patterns.......they just don't let others know.... :lol:

On the dawn of New Year's Day, I hereby don my black fishnet stockings (no seams) and spiked heeled thigh high black leather boots. Now watch me try to walk...

Please join me in chorus of "Walkin' Round In Women's Underwear"...sung to the tune of "Winter Wonderland".

Lacy things -- the wife is missin',

Didn't ask -- her permission,

I'm wearin' her clothes,

Her silk pantyhose,

Walkin' 'round in women's underwear.

In the store -- there's a teddy,

Little straps -- like spaghetti,

It holds me so tight,

Like handcuffs at night,

Walkin' 'round in women's underwear.

In the office there's a guy named Melvin,

He pretends that I am Murphy Brown.

He'll say, "Are you ready?" I'll say,"Whoa, Man!"

"Let's wait until our wives are out of town!"

Later on, if you wanna,

We can dress -- like Madonna,

Put on some eyeshade,

And join the parade,

Walkin' 'round in women's underwear!

Lacy things... missin',

Didn't ask... permission,

Wearin' her clothes,

Her silk pantyhose,

Walkin' 'round in women's underwear,

Walkin' 'round in women's underwear,

Walkin' 'round in women's underwear!

Originally posted by Setheus@Jan 1 2006, 10:05 AM

Far be it from me to point out other's mistakes but, Lindy, you got it back-azz-wards.  Men think of the who and Women the event.

Girls plan their weddings from age six....boys are just thinking about if they want blonde/brunette/redhead.

Oh Setheus.... point out all the mistakes you want...

I was in the middle of editing my post....LOL

Aristotle..... you need to hide quickly....the men with the white jackets are looking for you...ROFL

OK, now untwisted to the original question...gals-event guys-who

I think that girls are inbred to dream of the fantasy life....the perfect wedding...the perfect guy...the perfect life....POOOF...then reality sets in. If things could just be made simplier... a nice dress, a nice guy, feelings that go above and beyond normallacy....and vows that actually mean something...the "event" of the wedding would actually really mean something special...instead of the frills, the fluffs and the headaches.

And the "who" with the guys.... that's up to them to decide what they want in their lives. As stated in other posts "men are visual" they base a lot on looks, which is actually pretty sad...cause plain women have just as much heart and love to give as those who are "hot". I really don't know if dad's ever take their son's aside to talk about the "who" .... to make sure that the guy can see things with his mind and his heart instead of just with his eyes and his .... well, I think we get the picture. :blush: I would hope that men think about love, faith, loyalty, and all the things that women think about. I'm sure deep down inside they do ;) If they don't....they need to postpone the wedding.... cause looks really aren't everything.

There needs to be something more than visual, cause visual doesn't last forever.

Originally posted by Lindy@Jan 1 2006, 11:27 AM

OK, now untwisted to the original question...gals-event guys-who

I think that girls are inbred to dream of the fantasy life....the perfect wedding...the perfect guy...the perfect life....POOOF...then reality sets in. If things could just be made simplier... a nice dress, a nice guy, feelings that go above and beyond normallacy....and vows that actually mean something...the "event" of the wedding would actually really mean something special...instead of the frills, the fluffs and the headaches.

And the "who" with the guys.... that's up to them to decide what they want in their lives. As stated in other posts "men are visual" they base a lot on looks, which is actually pretty sad...cause plain women have just as much heart and love to give as those who are "hot". I really don't know if dad's ever take their son's aside to talk about the "who"  .... to make sure that the guy can see things with his mind and his heart instead of just with his eyes and his .... well, I think we get the picture.  :blush: I would hope that men think about love, faith, loyalty, and all the things that women think about.  I'm sure deep down inside they do ;)  If they don't....they need to postpone the wedding.... cause looks really aren't everything.

There needs to be something more than visual, cause visual doesn't last forever.

Lindy,

I like your post. It offers some real sound wisdom to the open mind. Thanks for sharing. :)

Female hint to Aristotle: Take off the heels, hold them in your hands and RUN! :lol:

BG2-Thank you :)

Setheus- I think that fitting into a catagory of will or won't meet the parents, helps keep us in check in how we view ourselves.

I am woman..hear em ROAR!!!!!

Question....now I was not married originally in the temple but many women here are or are planning for that....so.....if you plan on getting married in the temple, how much planning and dreaming is there really.....it's pretty straight forward

no decorations, no food, simple dress

anyone wanna expand on that. And we are discouraged to have a reception afterwards so don't feed into that planning. According to the prophets it makes a mockery of the ceremony to have a party afterward....

Anyone care to step up on that one?

<span style=\'color:purple\'>Lindy,

I agree to much fairytail wedding drama....It puts to much stress on what should be there, what shouldnt and what could be done better before most couples even get through there first few months together.....Lifes stressfull enough...I say find him, tackle him :blush: , get him to say :D : Will you marry me?, love him..flaws and all :cloud9: " you knew what he was before hand so.. enjoy life :wow::wow: .....For the men...Find her :hyper: , tackle her :bighug: , get her to say yes:flowers:.....(while hiding from her dad :P ) B) and enjoy life.......

This isnt the movies :ahntah: this is eternity...... :wub::wub::wub:

Just my crazy...Thoughts........................ :idea: </span>

Originally posted by Prend1@Jan 2 2006, 12:13 PM

Question....now I was not married originally in the temple but many women here are or are planning for that....so.....if you plan on getting married in the temple, how much planning and dreaming is there really.....it's pretty straight forward

anyone wanna expand on that. And we are discouraged to have a reception afterwards so don't feed into that planning. According to the prophets it makes a mockery of the ceremony to have a party afterward....

To respond to your post, I would like to mention that Mr. Aristotle and I eloped to the Temple after having known one another for just 11 days. Twenty-four years later, I wouldn't have changed a thing! It was such a spiritual experience, and very romantic...of course, my parents were very hurt, but it was our day. Incidentally, under normal conditions, I would NOT recommend marrying after such a quick courtship...wait at least 2 wks. ;-)

I have never read or heard the brethren say that there should be no reception.

What they do say is that a ceremony after the temple ceremony is a mockery of the temple ceremony to satisfy those who could not attend the temple.

General Authorities children and grandchildren have wedding receptions.

I agree the temple ceremony should be kept simple. Temple matrons say the worst person to deal with in a temple wedding is no the bride but the brides mother. Also dealing with inappropriate dresses to wear in the temple.

Originally posted by Setheus@Jan 1 2006, 09:38 AM

*dressed in drag*  Ok ladies, I give thee a topic...

Why do "we" ladies spend our whole lives planning the perfect wedding but those dirty men spend their whole lives just thinking about the perfect girl?  "we" focus on the event they focus on the who.    Thoughts ladies?

Maybe, I am weird, but I have never sat down to plan a perfect wedding. What is more valueable to me is a great relationship based on mutual love, trust, and respect.

Originally posted by Prend1@Jan 2 2006, 11:13 AM

OH I agree that a temple wedding is a lot easier to plan, a lot more meaningful too. But we also need to think of others, and those that want to help celebrate the joy of the event with the couple.... plus- there are lots of non-LDS who just don't understand the concept of a temple marriage. A very nice, tasteful reception can be planned by someone other than the bride, and not held right after the ceremony itself. I understand the prophets not wanting anything to take away from the temple vows, but I haven't heard anything about no receptions to be held. As a non-LDS child, I did dream of a nice wedding.... as a LDS adult, I now dream of a temple marriage. How priorities change when you can see the bigger picture. :)

Oh, and JL..not weird at all....you understand what is important in life...and I think it's great!

Originally posted by Aristotle@Jan 2 2006, 02:16 PM

Lindy,

So that's the secret...

By the way, if high heels were such a great invention, men would be wearing them.  ;-)

For those of us who were actually awake in History class, please recall lesson #325.

Short-statured Italian bride Catherine d'Medici, married at 14 to the Duke of Orleans, wears shoes with two-inch heels to exaggerate her height. The high heel may have been invented by Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519).

1553-1558

Mary Tudor ("Bloody Mary"), another vertically challenged monarch, wears heels as high as possible. From this period until the early 19th century, high heels are frequently in vogue for both sexes.

French shoemaker Nicholas Lestage, so clever at his trade that some accuse him of sorcery, becomes shoemaker to Louis XIV. The heels of Louis's shoes, some decorated with miniature battle scenes, are as tall as five inches. High "Louis" heels are also fashionable for ladies.

B)