One Second After

marshac

I ordered some tires from Costco online a few weeks ago, and I figured that as long as I was spending $500 on them, I might as well round it out to an even grand.... so.....

I picked up some cases of food from "Thrive"- two cases of veggies, one case of "deluxe" meat, and a case of various cheeses. The meat and cheese were surprisingly high in price (~$200/box), but I figured that they would both be things we would be glad we had.... cheese opens the door to pizza and so many other things whereas meat is just plain tasty. Dried beans, buckets of wheat, and tons of noodles only allows for so much creativity. Dairy is pretty much the last large hole.... eggs and milk....

It felt kinda awkward when UPS showed up with boxes labeled "Thrive Food Storage" or whatever...

So why did I even mention any of this? Costco has a $200 off the one year supply for one person package ($999 -> $799) right now, so if you're like me and just want to buy it and forget it, this seems like a cost effective way to do so.

Were coming down to the Hale theater this week, so the case lot sales are on are schedule. I don't know if we can buy the whole package as you suggested at costco, but were going to stock up on freeze dried #10 cans of (Stuff). Not sure yet what we will end up with. Give me an extra can of chili and a jar of peanut butter and a Wyoming man can survive.

• 2 years later...