Has America Already Collapsed?

Rico

Well, we show more leg in public. That's all the proof anyone needs, isn't it?

We may show more leggage now, but back before the French Revolution there was a lot more cleavage getting flashed around. And guys wore high-heels back then, too :P

I postulate that you can trace the collapse of civilizations by the clothes the men wore.

Guest Godless

We may show more leggage now, but back before the French Revolution there was a lot more cleavage getting flashed around. And guys wore high-heels back then, too :P

I postulate that you can trace the collapse of civilizations by the clothes the men wore.

It's funny you should mention that, because all this talk about rose-tinted glasses has me thinking about Dr. Frankenfurter.

"Rose tint my world and keep me safe from my trouble and pain!"

As far as saying America has collapsed, I definately disagree. If America had collapsed, we would be in some sort of state of anarchy, like Somolia, as was mentioned before.

America is definitely not as strong as it used to be, and I greatly fear the repercussions of the government bailouts that took place. It is pretty clear that that type of spending is not sustainable.

It is hard to determine the 'morality' of the people, for in some places, people are very civic minded, helping out their homes and community and in other places, people don't even know their neighbor.

I think the biggest thing we should be concerned about is whether or not we personally have 'collapsed'. We can each go through that list and determine if we are doing good or not, and do better in the places that we are weak at.

Things are supposed to happen in these last days, things that we really can't control, but the scriptures tell us that the righteous have no need to fear. We should try our best to be as close to God as possible and we will be ok, regardless of the economic and political state of America.

Well, if it hasn't collapsed yet(and notice that I haven't answered that question myself yet)...maybe there are only two states, either collapsing or building. Maybe there isn't even a state of collapse?

Is our civilization in a state of building a closer relationship with God(and therefore building to a stronger civilization) or are we falling away?

Are we a world of many civilizations like in times past or are we world of just one civilization? Each culture and civilization is more connected now than at any other time in history, IMHO.

I don't know why I am posting this topic, maybe I guess it is thinking out loud. If I had confirmation from God that we were in a state of collapse, do you really think I'd be posting here? I find it very intriguing though to ask the question of what if?

It certainly isn't what all the chicken little people want to hear......

What's scary is that there are people who hate the occupant of the White House so much, that the Secret Service has had to put more agents into protecting him, instead of tracking counterfitters. It's scary that another Oklahoma City bombing can happen, done by so-called Christian terrorists.

I am so confused - I thought everyone hated and trashes President Bush - including the current President??? I do not hear anyone indicating concern or care for Bush? Are there no extra Secret Service agents protecting him?

The Traveler

Is our civilization in a state of building a closer relationship with God(and therefore building to a stronger civilization) or are we falling away?

Now that's a much less polarizingly extreme question. In my opinion, America is loosely following the same pride/fall cycle in the BoM. We came out of WWII humbled and good people. Got lazy and indifferent. Damaged the family unit with the free love of the '60's, damaged it further in the following decades with the slow drain of morality out of our public discourse, now we're in the 3rd or 4th generation of those fundamental shifts and reaping some difficult harvests.

Most powerful countries have a growth and death cycle - we'll have to see if we buck the downward trend. As you say, things are different these days - much more connected with the rest of the planet.

It certainly isn't what all the chicken little people want to hear......

Yeah, and avoiding the personal insults seem to be a bit too much for you. We understand.

LM

Ok, ok, I know there are fringe groups who are always talking about things collapsing and everything falling apart. Some of them are already preparing for this impending collapse. Others are trying to make money out of it.

I am just wondering if we already have collapsed. It's an intriguing thought I had the other day. I figured there are several signs of a society/civilization collapsed and then decided to compare society now to them. I came to my conclusion already, but was wondering what others thought?

All I know is that by time everyone realizes that a society has collapsed, it has long been dead....

- Evil is rewarded and goodness is punished.

- Ignorance and foolishness are revered while true intellect is scoffed at.

- An economy ceases to be based on creation and instead becomes focused on destruction.

- Government spends more than it can ever possibly think of paying back

- Learning between generations ceases...culture and values are no longer passed from generation to generation.

- Instead of leisure time devoted to innovation, leisure time is devoted to laziness.

- Entertainment appeals to the lowest common denomination.

These are just a few of the signs I took a look at that accompany other failed societies/civilizations...

America as a nation has not collapsed... yet.

I do think we are headed to the brink, whether or not we will go over it or not is yet to be seen.

Ok, ok, I know there are fringe groups who are always talking about things collapsing and everything falling apart. Some of them are already preparing for this impending collapse. Others are trying to make money out of it.

I am just wondering if we already have collapsed. It's an intriguing thought I had the other day. I figured there are several signs of a society/civilization collapsed and then decided to compare society now to them. I came to my conclusion already, but was wondering what others thought?

All I know is that by time everyone realizes that a society has collapsed, it has long been dead....

- Evil is rewarded and goodness is punished.

- Ignorance and foolishness are revered while true intellect is scoffed at.

- An economy ceases to be based on creation and instead becomes focused on destruction.

- Government spends more than it can ever possibly think of paying back

- Learning between generations ceases...culture and values are no longer passed from generation to generation.

- Instead of leisure time devoted to innovation, leisure time is devoted to laziness.

- Entertainment appeals to the lowest common denomination.

These are just a few of the signs I took a look at that accompany other failed societies/civilizations...

Now, what is given can answered by oneself if you have that desire and faith to receive such personal revelatory answers on the future of America. But, caution here…be careful on what you desire to see. Even Joseph Smith saw the last days prior to the coming of the Lord and begged the Lord in not revealing it all once. I asked the same and concur with Joseph tearful request. It is not site to see for the weak spirit or faint of heart.

However, in summary, what to watch for is the state of apathy within major cities concerning human worth and the decadence that will follow those who the Spirit cut off.

It is coming shortly where the telestial state closure as noted by Enoch’s calendar. What comes next, those who are not living the laws of the terrestrial state will be removed after GOD called forth HIS servants to seal those who are chosen by the Godhead. This is needful to separate those of the world and those who are called of GOD. Then it is left to those four [ministering spirits] to act in GOD’s behalf with the removal process.