Some say they are overloaded...

Moksha

Why Home Teaching as the last straw? Well, because Home Teaching is constantly being talked about and pressed upon membership of the church.

Isnt that something! Imagine, being pressed upon the membership...One of the MANY PRACTICAL examples of what Christ did when he was on Earth. Serving one another, caring for one another, LOVING one another.

It really is too bad the hometeaching stats are so low. I've had at least four different sets of hometeachers in the past 6 or 7 years with about 5 visits total.

I had no hometeacher for four years but I am self-governed anyway. I feel for you brother.

As to my current home teacher status, I do see him at church every so often, scheduling is not easy for him to stop by noting both of our committments are diverse in being together at one time. :lol:

I had no hometeacher for four years but I am self-governed anyway.

Don't feel too badly.:) I find it hard to think that the blessings of a good hometeacher, I will not experience just because they don't show up. The program is meant sometimes more for the hometeacher then anything else.

It really is too bad the hometeaching stats are so low. I've had at least four different sets of hometeachers in the past 6 or 7 years with about 5 visits total.

Perhaps if we stopped changing HT routes so often it would turn into the type of program it should be.

The family is the church, there's no separation. The choice is never church or family. God, Heavenly Father comes first. If we are putting him first he will tell us what comes second. The important thing is that we are really seeking the Lords will in the things we do. because if we don't put God First, it won't matter what we put second,

The family is the church, there's no separation. The choice is never church or family. God, Heavenly Father comes first. If we are putting him first he will tell us what comes second. The important thing is that we are really seeking the Lords will in the things we do. because if we don't put God First, it won't matter what we put second,

:lol: Tell that to the seminary/institute teacher so dedicated to his calling that he even kept a cot at work and would spend the night preparing for the next day... at least up until his wife left him.

Well I can tell you that I learned this thru sad experience. I saw the light when my wife said if I didn't make changes in my " Church Duties and responsibilities" she was going to leave me. My Stake President released me right away, And then took me to the wood shed for a attitude adjustment.

Hidden

The only thing I would add would be that showing your family about service unto others is by doing this work. How best to show sacrifice then show this action. I agree everything needs to balance. The point is show our Families how they need to work on their own worth and salvation.

Ex. A young man in our Ward told his mother he needed to go with the Bishop on his Home Teaching. His mother reminded her son that it would mean he would have to give up the rest of his Sunday. He told her that he knew this but it was his turn to go with the Bishop. He showed up at our home. He gave a beautiful prayer and blessing on our home. After he left our home I know he had to go to at least 3 other homes. How else to you learn but through this action. I told his mother the next Sunday how he acted. I told her that she should be proud of his actions. She told me what she had told him earlier. She also realize that she should have encouraged him instead of telling him what he was giving up. She was proud of him for doing what he needed to do.

Sad experience about the seminary teacher. Some may take it too far (you cant tell me that such a thing never happens....) or some like me will slack off.

The family is not always synonymous with the church. Of course, Heavenly Father is family, yadda yadda, but I think you get that church callings taking up too much time is not always the best thing to do. That is why they changed to the church 3 hour block - to save time for family, cause the family was getting neglected. And that is a fact, ladies and gentlemen.

The fact that the brethren have to tell us to setpart Monday night for family home evening and limit "church services" to the three hour block. Is just the point they are trying make. The members don't think that the church and the family are the same thing, Notwithstanding the fact that we have been told for years that the family is the smallest unit of the "Church " The family is the only thing that will last thru time and eternity.

Exactly...as there are no temples in the celestial kingdom.

This would help reduce the workload. Don't suppose there will be any cannery assignments either. Do you suppose the ladies still bake treats for Relief Society enrichment lessons?