Sign in to follow this  
kookiethekat

Is Thomas S. Monson the LDS equivalent of a "pope"

I would say yes and no. For many members, everything the Prophet says is doctrine and cannot lead us astray. For other members, the Prophet can share both opinion and doctrine and they think that if he cannot lead us astray then why when he receives a revelation he then must presented to the Quorum of the Twelve who anonymously must accept it in order to be considered doctrine and binding upon the Church.

Make your pick.

Maybe because the apostles will receive a confirmation from the Holy Ghost after the prophet presented it to them, which gives them assurance that what the prophet has presented is indeed a revelation from God and they all ought to know it either by revelation too, or by the confirming of the Holy Ghost. Remember the Holy Ghost stands as a witness of the Father and the Son.:)

You claim to be LDS? This comment is in the poorest of taste when you are talking about a Prophet of God.

Good Touch Pam!:lol: I feel sorry that some who claim to be LDS mock the things of God.

In the simplest terms, Thomas S. Monson is the leader of the Latter-day Saint faith.

Benedict XVI is the leader of the Catholic faith.

Personally I think both gentlemen are incredible individuals. As well as Moses and John Paul II.