Why?

Hey guys, im new to this place, and I would like to ask a question:

Why are you guys wasting your life full of restrictions for something you do not have proof on. The only reason you waste your lives is because you are afraid of death (as far as im concered). You can also be a good person whilst listening to metal and drinking alcohol. It doesnt make you a bad person. I also dont understand why you are so sure that your believe is the right one. They have been and still are tons of other religions. What makes christianity true?

Im tryin to be serious here.

Currently I hate christianity for what it is doing. It is corrupting the mind of millions and is foundend upon Mafia like structres including cruel murder, black mail, rape etc. Even today the church is criminal. The only reason you guys earn money is because you create fear among people. The only reason people go to church is because they are afraid of "Lucifer", who the christians kindly took over from the romans originally being the god of wisdom and intellect. How many murders were there in the name of god, and how many in the name of Lucifer? I personally prefer my god being satan, other than "Jesus". The bible was written about lies and the old and new testament is full of contradictions. I cant write all, otherwise this post would be too long. Id like to hear your story and explanation. If i get banned now because im questioning, it says alot about your religion and how afraid you are to face the truth and answer inconvenient questions.

Thanks

BlackMetalist666 :cool:

Actually, if you were banned now, it would be for murder:

Murder of my language and of logical thought.

You have horrendous sentence structure, base assumption fallacies, Argument from Ignorance fallacy, Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy; The list goes on and on.

If you want to have a serious discourse on this, please be sure to study logical thought first and come with an open mind. As it is, you have clearly stated your intention and nobody is interested in arguing with you.

Edited by FunkyTown

I must greatly apologise for the fact that English is just my third language. I am sooo sorry. Since all you can is insult my english, I assume you have nothing intellegent to add.

Suck it

I should point out that I didn't just insult your English. I also insulted your ability at forming logical arguments.

If you'd like, I can also insult your nickname? You're trolling, after all, and I imagine a 14 year old kid giggling as he came up with that name. I imagine you giggled pretty profusely over it.

But as troll nicknames go, I give it a 2/10. It's bland and banal. You could have done better.

Here's somebody giving black metal fans on this forum (like myself) a bad name. Besides begging the question; why sign up here in the first place? I did so out of an intellectual interest in the people and thoughts of the LDS church, and I've even attended a service and have started reading the BoM to that end.

I certainly agree that being a good person does not preclude alcohol and metal, both of which I enjoy although I'm cutting way back on the former for health reasons. And I would be happy to discuss the differing opinions with LDS members in an intelligent, considerate and (hopefully) relaxed manner. None of which I see in your post.

I'll leave it at that I think. And go shake my head while putting Belus on the stereo.

Guest Godless

If i get banned now because im questioning, it says alot about your religion and how afraid you are to face the truth and answer inconvenient questions.

No, it just means that you're a troll who either hasn't read the site rules or simply ignored them. I'm a non-believer as well, and I have to say that your arguments are incredibly weak and juvenile. If you want to have a serious discussion about the validity of religion, there are plenty of people here willing to accommodate you. People here don't mind tough questions. I've been known to ask a few every now and then. What people don't like is disrespect and ignorance, which is all you've shown so far. Grow up.

yeah always amazes me that people who go on about our life and restrictions, do in a style that tells us what we should be doing.

And yet nobody here has come right out and told me, in an uptight self-righteous manner, to stop drinking and listening to Norwegian black metal. Of course, I haven't mentioned either of them before now but... :lol: You get the idea. And I'm hoping nobody does because that's just plain rude. Not to mention annoying. Grrrrr.... :angry2: etcetera and so forth.

Of course, we could just ignore this little troll (does anybody get the irony in that moniker given the music?) and hope he goes back to wasting bandwidth elsewhere. I'm happy to do so and concentrate on my concerns over the point where Lehi kills Laban. Trying to formulate that into a serious question and post it in the right forum, but seeing somebody with a name referencing my beloved black metal distracted me.

I'm sure a moderator will see to this, the avatar of Per Ohlin's suicide is probably just a little outre for this forum.

And yet nobody here has come right out and told me, in an uptight self-righteous manner, to stop drinking and listening to Norwegian black metal. Of course, I haven't mentioned either of them before now but... :lol: You get the idea. And I'm hoping nobody does because that's just plain rude. Not to mention annoying. Grrrrr.... :angry2: etcetera and so forth.

Of course, we could just ignore this little troll (does anybody get the irony in that moniker given the music?) and hope he goes back to wasting bandwidth elsewhere. I'm happy to do so and concentrate on my concerns over the point where Lehi kills Laban. Trying to formulate that into a serious question and post it in the right forum, but seeing somebody with a name referencing my beloved black metal distracted me.

I'm sure a moderator will see to this, the avatar of Per Ohlin's suicide is probably just a little outre for this forum.

Hahah. Okay. Who's up for threadjacking?

I hereby Nomad for a Nobel Prize for excellence in the field of listening to Norwegian Metal Bands Nobody else has heard of!

And I hereby nominate Ms. Gamsalot for a Nobel Prize for excellence in the field of being awesome.

just waiting for someone to wake up, i guess that's me. yay! :rolleyes:

my favorite is the asking a dumb question and saying about said question "i'm serious, not trying to be insulting. so please answer me" and then turning around and answering your own question. if you have your ideas on the answer then you aren't asking seriously.

seems the question has been asked and answered. thread closed.