Is it cheating...?

FunkyTown

All right! So I and my SO had a discussion the other day about what is cheating and what isn't and we disagreed on some points, so I want some input:

1) If you clone her and date the clone, is that cheating?

2) If you travel to another dimension and make out with the alternate reality version of her, is that cheating?

3) If you travel back in time, find her before she knew you in the original timeline and make out with her while simultaneously dating the future her, is that cheating?

4) If you make a robot version of her and give her all of the original versions memories, is that cheating?

I want to know your opinions!

It's only cheating if you get caught. At least that's what I tell my wife.

Caught by who? What if I'm making out with my REAL girlfriend when a girlfriend from an alternate reality shows up, doesn't realize I'm not HER FunkyTown and gets upset at me? Am I cheating on the alternate reality one when I don't know I'm dating her?

And if not, is it cheating if you have amnesia?

...And if not, is it cheating if you have amnesia?

I was in a car wreck about 3 weeks ago and hurt my brain; I don't remember any of it from about an hour before till about 2 days after, but apparently I made some pretty.. embarrasing statements.. Yes, they were held against me, so don't think that amnesia will get you out of anything..

Reminded me of the movie Traveler's Wife - where she married an older version of himself and got pregnant to a younger version of himself before he had the vasectomy...

Yes, because it isn't her. Twould be like dating her twin. Actually it is a touch worse than that, as her clone would not have her memories. Nor any mental development unless you waited for the years it would take her to mentally mature you'd essentially be dating a child and of course even if you did wait, it would still not be her.

2) If you travel to another dimension and make out with the alternate reality version of her, is that cheating?

Yes, it isn't her. You are faithful to her not to a particular DNA sequence.

3) If you travel back in time, find her before she knew you in the original timeline and make out with her while simultaneously dating the future her, is that cheating?

That one is trickier. However since one cannot alter the time line the past her would have already made out with you before you started dating her in the future, so I would assume if she agreed to date you she'd be fine with it. In fact she would know she had made out with you before you even made the decision to go back in time to do so from your perspective.

4) If you make a robot version of her and give her all of the original versions memories, is that cheating?

You've made a very elaborate doll, but it is still a doll. At any rate what you have created is not her and therefore it is cheating.

1) If you clone her and date the clone, is that cheating? - Yes, because she's not your SO, she's a clone of your SO.

2) If you travel to another dimension and make out with the alternate reality version of her, is that cheating? - Yes, because since she's from an alternate reality she's an alternate version of your SO, but not your SO in your reality.

3) If you travel back in time, find her before she knew you in the original timeline and make out with her while simultaneously dating the future her, is that cheating? No, because this girl is your SO just younger.

4) If you make a robot version of her and give her all of the original versions memories, is that cheating? Yes, because she is still not your SO she's a robot.

There, that should settle it. And I answered before looking at anyone else's answers.

M. :)

Edited by Maureen

Oh, well LA DI DA, Mr. I've-never-made-out-with-clones-of-Michael-Keaton!

Look who's HOLIER THAN THOU!

I can't deny it, it is true. I am holier than thou. The most embarrassing incident of late was probably a week ago when I was singing, "More holiness give me" and a voice called down from heaven, "I cannot." It wouldn't have been that bad except the whole congregation heard. :eek:

Edited by Dravin

Guest mormonmusic

If you follow the advice of The Great Moral Theorest Bill Clinton, it's only cheating "if you enjoy it"

Related to this, if you sign up on the alternate world, Second Life, and get an avatar there, meet someone, and then have a relationship, and get virtually married, is that cheating?

If you follow the advice of The Great Moral Theorest Bill Clinton, it's only cheating "if you enjoy it"

Related to this, if you sign up on the alternate world, Second Life, and get an avatar there, meet someone, and then have a relationship, and get virtually married, is that cheating?

Yep. Emotional adultery is still adultery and in some ways more insidious as it is easier to start sharing yourself emotionally with another then to just start sharing yourself physically. When the scriptures talk of cleaving it isn't just a euphemism for sex.

All right! So I and my SO had a discussion the other day about what is cheating and what isn't and we disagreed on some points, so I want some input:

I want to know your opinions!

You are so in trouble :rolleyes: whatever you say is going to be held aqainst you. If you are in a commited relationship and you do any of the above and YOU know it then it is cheating. Yes, guys even if she doesn't know it. The fact that you do makes it cheating.