Should we have low expectations for the people we serve with in the Church?

Guest mormonmusic

Consider I drive a 450-fwHP Neon, I expect to run the quarter faster than that. :lol:

I wrote that with you in mind, knowing it would get a rise out of you. But I've been around enough Neons to know that your experience is much different than the vast majority of Neon owners.

Hello, Marts 1~

Yeah, you've hit a sorrow for me. One of the biggest obstacles for me in becoming fully active (keeping the WoW, paying tithing, etc.,) is how persecuted I have felt by other members throughout the years.

I have been praying to forgive anybody and everybody I need to in order to come to a peace again. A friend of mine recently said that sometimes the point is not to even forgive as much as it is to simply let go. That helped me some.... I still feel forgiveness is a crucial part of letting go. Emotional honesty about what happened really helps me in the process of doing this. I have felt so rejected by other church members throughout the years that at this point I really struggle with even desiring to come back into full gospel fellowship.... I believe it's a work in progress..

Thanks for your perspective

Dove

Another thing that has helped me a lot is knowing that as we forgive others God forgives us, which I very much desperately need so much of the time.

I don't think we should have low expectations for the people we serve with in the Church but I think we should take the time to get to know them AND their circumstances before start asking them things that maybe are beyond their situation.

I wrote that with you in mind, knowing it would get a rise out of you. But I've been around enough Neons to know that your experience is much different than the vast majority of Neon owners.

More or less, I reside with the SRT crowd.

The car internals was built to sustain 800-fwHP. This is something you cannot fake with plastics, oversize mufflers, decals, or a triple layer wing with no aerodynamic merits. Either you have it or you simply don't.

Reminds the same thing in the gospel, either you have the Spirit or you don't. I was intently listening to a fast and testimony talk of a person who was called to a position. Majority of time, if the person is humbled enough and sincere upon the podium, I would feel the emotion and a confirmation of the Holy Ghost of the person giving testimony. This person mentioned at the latter end of his testimony, ‘…I have a deep testimony…[repeated twice].’ I was curious to what that meant and why it was stated. After the man was finished, there was no Holy Ghost confirmation. There was no emotion attached. I simply felt nothing and a empty feeling. More-or-less, either you have the Spirit or you don’t.

Surprising to me, those who don't center there testimony talks around gratitude for the Savior or How He blessed them. :confused:

I don't think we should have low expectations for the people we serve with in the Church but I think we should take the time to get to know them AND their circumstances before start asking them things that maybe are beyond their situation.

How would handle a pompous person who does not have the Spirit? ^_^