Are we ready yet?

Traveler

There have been many threads about the end of times and the coming of the L-rd. The reason for the restoration was to prepare a people for the kingdom and it's rightful king. My question is not if you are ready but if you think that there is a people that really are ready. If so - Who do you think the people are and where are they?

The Traveler

I guess it depends on how you define 'ready'. People tend to be all over the map on this one. Does ready mean a basement full of food storage? Is it spiritual readiness to live the law of consecration? Some folks are expecting a call-out from the prophet to go live in the Rocky mountains for a year. Some folks figure they'll be taking up arms against the food rioters or commies or zombies or whatever.

I guess I define 'ready', as prepared to drop dead and meet my maker, and prepared to do the will of my Lord and Savior if He has stuff for me to do.

At this point in my progression, I'd have to say I'm more ready for the first thing than I am for the second. There's always work to do on me.

LM

I don't think that many people are truly ready. Just able to make the changes necessary

Guest mormonmusic

The people who are more likely to be deemed ready are the temple recommend-holding people. So, if you're not paying tithing, keeping the WoW or any of the commandments necessary for holding a temple recommend, then you aren't ready.

Now, even among this group, there may be people who don't have their hearts in the right place, or hold temple recommends unworthily. I doubt if the Lord will consider them ready.

I also think there are non-temple recommend holding people, or even non-members or people of other faiths who would be considered ready. Or at least, capable of being made ready. The atonement covers people who die without the knowledge of the gospel, or "who have ignorantly sinned". Therefore, there are people who may qualify if given the chance.....

We have been taught that the Book of Helaman is a TYPE of what will come before Christ's return. With that in mind, I don't think we (as a people) are heeding the call of the prophets anywhere NEAR where we ought to be.

Enoch's Zion was just one of multiple communities of members of the Church. But look at what they accomplished!

It's not unreasonable to me to think that there are stakes of zion that are closer to being ready than others. And it's my personal opinion that they are in communities of poorer, simpler people who aren't "blessed" with all the horrific distractions we wealthy members "enjoy". You know: the ones Brigham feared would empower us to kick ourselves from the church and down to hell. ;)

Many think of salvation in individual terms - but the scriptures make it clear that heaven is a society. The scriptures are also quite clear that when Jesus comes as king there must be a kingdom for him - which is a society if anyone is paying attention.

The society of G-d - or the kingdom of G-d has families as the foundation. So the first effort in the society of G-d is family. Is your family ready?

The Traveler

There have been many threads about the end of times and the coming of the L-rd. The reason for the restoration was to prepare a people for the kingdom and it's rightful king. My question is not if you are ready but if you think that there is a people that really are ready. If so - Who do you think the people are and where are they?

The Traveler

After the Lord sent forth His brethren in sealing those who He had called personally, I believe the first sweeping will come to His own church prior to removal of those who do not meet the terrestrial laws or do not follow His path.

There is no set of group of people except those who are called by the Savior personally are ready to meet Him. All the rest fall short for various reasons. Some of those who were called, may still have work to accomplish across the veil and not be resurrected until all of their work is complete – example is Joseph Smith and the latter-day Prophets are now helping him to succeed.

However, all do fall short of His glory. I do fear and tremble over my own salvation before the Lord.

The people who are more likely to be deemed ready are the temple recommend-holding people. So, if you're not paying tithing, keeping the WoW or any of the commandments necessary for holding a temple recommend, then you aren't ready.

Now, even among this group, there may be people who don't have their hearts in the right place, or hold temple recommends unworthily. I doubt if the Lord will consider them ready.

I also think there are non-temple recommend holding people, or even non-members or people of other faiths who would be considered ready. Or at least, capable of being made ready. The atonement covers people who die without the knowledge of the gospel, or "who have ignorantly sinned". Therefore, there are people who may qualify if given the chance.....

We have been taught that the Book of Helaman is a TYPE of what will come before Christ's return. With that in mind, I don't think we (as a people) are heeding the call of the prophets anywhere NEAR where we ought to be.

Enoch's Zion was just one of multiple communities of members of the Church. But look at what they accomplished!

It's not unreasonable to me to think that there are stakes of zion that are closer to being ready than others. And it's my personal opinion that they are in communities of poorer, simpler people who aren't "blessed" with all the horrific distractions we wealthy members "enjoy". You know: the ones Brigham feared would empower us to kick ourselves from the church and down to hell. ;)

Considering Enoch people are not on this world, I would not include them. That is also the same state of the lost ten tribes.

A person can hold an active temple card and still go to the temple and still not be considered worthy before the Lord. Being self-governed, I would not enter the portals of heaven unless I surely know my status before the Lord that includes any partaking of sacrament. Are we doing it to bring glory unto the Lord or building a kingdom for ourselves; or glory unto ourselves. This is works without merit.

It is up to the Lord to make that call of whom is worthy or not. Yes! We have the general handbook of instruction, talks by general authorities, scriptures, but the overriding factor is the atonement and choosing by the Godhead on whom is deemable as entering the highest glory of the Celestial Kingdom. They may fall short of paying a full tithing but they do it to build the kingdom – what is theirs, is the Lord [that means all of materials, talents, and monies]. They may fall short in going to the temple once a month, but it is what in the heart. When they go, they do it to help those who have no person to stand in for them and to bring glory to the Master and not to be counted as a number. They may fall short in doing a 100-percent of home teaching, but they do it for the family and not the number and to be self-praised. All of which, GOD and the Master may sealed their election. Like King David in his youth, what is in heart that matters the most before the Lord and not some outward appearance that I see more prevalent in the church.

Considering Emma Smith is one of those who could be on your list, resides now with Joseph. This is one of a handful stories that we need to be careful of whom is going and whom is not. ;)

Edited by Hemidakota