Lilith - Adams First Wife! The First Feminist.

Onhech

Lilith, the first wife of Adam. She was made at the same time as Adam but was cast out of the garden because she wouldn't be Subservent to Adam. Lillith is well documented in trusted jewish commentaries such as the Kabblah, the talmud, zohar and also is found in the dead sea scrolls. Lilith is portrayed as something of a succubus, a immortal demon-ish seducer.

There are are aspects of the story which are very apocryphal and mythical today but what kind of stance do you all take on an account such as this.

Wiki Article

Various Article Index on Lilith

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Lynden Jensen

Check out my Blog at

Know♣Justice

Lilith, the first wife of Adam. She was made at the same time as Adam but was cast out of the garden because she wouldn't be Subservent to Adam. Lillith is well documented in trusted jewish commentaries such as the Kabblah, the talmud, zohar and also is found in the dead sea scrolls. Lilith is portrayed as something of a succubus, a immortal demon-ish seducer.

There are are aspects of the story which are very apocryphal and mythical today but what kind of stance do you all take on an account such as this.

Wiki Article

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Lynden Jensen

Check out my Blog at

Know♣Justice

How do we get Lillith from Eve?

a lot of people from different origins says that adam had a wife before eve. named lilit. but depending on the religion or culture there are many different stories relating to lilith. Some say that in Gen. 1:27 God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them.

Then in Gen.2:21-23 So the Lord God cast a deep sleep on the man and while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. The Lord God then built up into a woman the rib that he had taken from the man. When he brought her to the man, the man said: This one , at last, is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one shall be called woman for out of her man this one has been taken.

Sorry for the use of a catholic bible I dont have mine on me. but they believe since the 2 different stories of woman that the first one was lilith and since she didnt want to give in to man she fled away (and theres differences as to what she did after she fled) and the second time is when adam had eve.

this is just some of the stuff that i have studied a while back. I hope it helps

So what do people think. Could this/these traditions be true(or partially true). Do you think that they are true?

Obviously there are contradictions and mythology in the various accounts, but to what point if any should we accept this story in an LDS perspective?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lynden Jensen

Check out my blog

Know♣Justice

So what do people think. Could this/these traditions be true(or partially true). Do you think that they are true?

Obviously there are contradictions and mythology in the various accounts, but to what point if any should we accept this story in an LDS perspective?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lynden Jensen

Check out my blog

Know♣Justice

No, because these traditions are a later combination (from some time before the 11th century AD) of two different strands- the child-strangling and succubus-like demon Lilith, and the 'first Eve'.

The idea of a 'first Eve' is based on a hyper-literal reading of Genesis, as if the editorial gglosses are chronological, IE because man and woman are mentioned before Eve that must mean she wasn't the first.

Some time before Ben-Sira's Alphabet was written (in the 11th century AD), the tradition developed that this wife was Lilith.

Not in all cultures and religions, but in those with a Mesopotamian, Jewish or Christian background.

I know of a few muslim people who believe in the lilith theory. Im not arguing about it though, I just done a lot of reading and i believe that a lot of people believe it that just dont want to say anything about it. I personaly don't but then again I do like conspiracy theories though lol.

There are as many Lilith type or based legends as there are of the floods and the creation so I am inclined to think its got some truth in it. My personal with no evidence whatsoever wonder if she is Lucifer/Satan partner, as in most legends remains almost spirit in nature. And seems to have power over souls without a body

Wiki Article

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Lynden Jensen

Check out my Blog at

Know♣Justice

So far anything of importance to the Lilith myth has not been brought forth in any latter-day revelation.

The Traveler