Bible Forbids Additional Scriptures?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Actually I am referring to [of] all the per-versions of the

books that are contained in the English Bible.

I'd like to think you are just making a silly joke but you probably actually believe it.

Besides dogma, what evidence would it take for you to accept that the KJV is not the best translation?

Which is why most of us use the King James Bible instead of all the other per-versions out there.:o

Yes, and I know it ain't perfect either. But it is the best the English speaking world has at the moment.:mellow:

You are incorrect there. I would kindly ask you to read the article provided with this link.

Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site

M.

No, Actually I am referring to [of] all the per-versions of the

books that are contained in the English Bible.

Then you are in error. The Isaiah scroll found among the Dead Sea Scrolls is considered by scholars to be the most accurate scripture text available to mankind. I believe that it is interesting to note that there are no autograph or autogram originals of any ancient scripture text. Therefore any claim of accuracy of ancient scripture is speculative and conjecture. It is believed that part of the ancient method to preserve accuracy of ancient texts was incased in an ancient formats or literary forms but in our modern scholastic wisdom we have decided that such ancient formats or literary forms are not worth preserving in translated versions. It is interesting to note that Joseph Smith did a most remarkable job of it with the Book of Mormon.

BTW: I have in my library an English translation of the DSS Isaiah document that I often reference even though it is not part of Christian Canon or LDS standard works.

The Traveler

Man cannot add to God's words, but who says God can't? God can speak whatever he pleases and have his children write it down. They just don't acknowledge it, and think we made it up, therefore we are "ADDING TO GODS WORDS". I heard that argument numerous times on my mission.

Well said GAD! Well Said! I'm completeley blown away! It's so sad that people limit the things God can do by their own interpretation of the scripture particularly the Bible.:D Sigh!

Hidden

It matters not whether I am interest in discussion or whether you think I am interested; as a factual matter, the author Mark messed up quote and the author of Matthew did not. You could debate, and be my guest, that Matthew preceded Mark but you'd be arguing an extreme minority position and you won't attract any credibility - unless you know something nobody else know - if so, please tell me.

And if you think that you can point out a logical fallacy in my post # 64, by all means, please educate me. I'd be even more interested if you can show that I factually mistaken.

Snow,

you're way out of your league! You're not an anti mormon mormon attacker. You seem to just really hate us mormons. Melissa asked an honest question. At first all the answers in this thread are alright, and then many of the attention turned to you. It's no longer Melissa. It's you. They're right you just want to argue and win!:( I'm sorry, I usually disincline posting one such as this but I can't help it. If bad feelings got the better of me I apologize, but you have got to be more considerate. I don't think there is any here who is being edified by your posts. What about a little humility and enlightenment. It will help a great deal. I'd love to read from you of good things that you can share us. I think I'd already thank you in advance if theres is any from you that we can really really apply in our lives. :)

Then you are in error. The Isaiah scroll found among the Dead Sea Scrolls is considered by scholars to be the most accurate scripture text available to mankind. . . .

And that is not saying a whole lot.

I am happy they like it though.:D

I guess they have their reasons.

I was not referring to the DSS, I was looking to more contemporary writings of man's devices from the LXX back then, to it's daughters today.

Yes, Joseph Smith did a remarkable job.

But of course he had personal help from the author Himself.;)

Then you are in error. The Isaiah scroll found among the Dead Sea Scrolls is considered by scholars to be the most accurate scripture text available to mankind. I believe that it is interesting to note that there are no autograph or autogram originals of any ancient scripture text. Therefore any claim of accuracy of ancient scripture is speculative and conjecture. It is believed that part of the ancient method to preserve accuracy of ancient texts was incased in an ancient formats or literary forms but in our modern scholastic wisdom we have decided that such ancient formats or literary forms are not worth preserving in translated versions. It is interesting to note that Joseph Smith did a most remarkable job of it with the Book of Mormon.

BTW: I have in my library an English translation of the DSS Isaiah document that I often reference even though it is not part of Christian Canon or LDS standard works.

The Traveler

The DSS was not an English collection was it?

I am referring to the English and French dependents of the Vatican Library.

I'd like to think you are just making a silly joke but you probably actually believe it.

Besides dogma, what evidence would it take for you to accept that the KJV is not the best translation?

Not the bast "English" translation?

That is not counting the Joseph Smith Version of the KJB, right?