Roots Magic 4?

JThimm88

Has anyone used Roots Magic to help with family history work? If so, did you like it? Why? And likewise, if you didn't like it, why not? My husband and I are teaching the family history class in our ward (we were just sustained in our calling today!), and took orientation at the family history center on campus (we're at BYU-I), and they really seemed to be fans of it, but I feel like I don't understand it completely.

At any rate, I downloaded the program and will be playing around with it for a while tonight. ^_^

Edited by JThimm88

I started using Roots Magic about a month or so ago. I do like it. I've had Legacy, Paf, AQ. I tend to feel quite at home with Paf and wondered about changing... but I like it. I don't know all the things you can do yet. I haven't looked at the reports (I made a couple books from Paf) so I don't know about that. I have been using it for updating my Ordinance Information and find it quite easy.

In the past I used Insight to do that. At the moment it's all a learning process for me. I HAVE FamilyInsight but went ahead and purchased the Ordinance Tracker so I could use it with any of my genealogy programs. I find I really like Ordinance Tracker.

I too have been called to teach the SS Genealogy class.

BayouMom