The Spirit of Elijah/ Emotional times

sow1948

Hello,

Has anybody experienced a lot of emotions doing the work for their ancestors? It has been a very emotional experience for me and I need to know if others feel a lot of mixed emotions in the process?

I have periods when I feel very close to them and I am very involved for a few weeks or months doing the work . And during that time, emotions can be very intense, I weep easily and I have been questioning my own sanity at times! I have felt so close to them many times and I always question whether it is my own imagination or if it is the veil getting thiner at times. I would LOVE to read any insights or similar experiences.

Thanks!

Lyna

Hello,

Has anybody experienced a lot of emotions doing the work for their ancestors? It has been a very emotional experience for me and I need to know if others feel a lot of mixed emotions in the process?

I have periods when I feel very close to them and I am very involved for a few weeks or months doing the work . And during that time, emotions can be very intense, I weep easily and I have been questioning my own sanity at times! I have felt so close to them many times and I always question whether it is my own imagination or if it is the veil getting thiner at times. I would LOVE to read any insights or similar experiences.

Thanks!

Lyna

Lyna, some of us had those experiences when our ancestors makes a personal visit and request their work to be done. Even my own mother made a request for her work to be done. ;)

Hmmm, I have not had such experiences. No visits, no spiritual hugs, no weeping. Although, my dad was having dreams when I first started doing the family history work. He said that faces of people he didn't know personally, but knew in the dream were family members, kept coming to him. About three months later, when I had done a significant portion of the genealogy work, the dreams had stopped and he hasn't had one since.

:)

• 1 month later...

I must admit I have not had any of this either, yet! although I do feel very excited when I find my ancestors (they are a awkward lot to find!:P) but I suppose that is the same for everyone.

Exicited - yes. I really enjoy doing the research. There's nothing like coming across a bit of information on one of the family members or finding that individual who has been evading your search. I love it.

:)