What Internet Search engine do you use?

Hemidakota

What search engine do you use the majority of the time?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What search engine do you use the majority of the time?

You mean there's something other than Google?.....the Only True Search Engine....having received modern technology thru Revelation to the engineers who then transcribed the code in an strange language?

Exactly. I have never actually tried Bing due to not wanting to promote Miscrosoft expansion into other computing arenas. My memories of Yahoo and Altavista were that they became hopelessly mired in clutter and this made it hard to find information.

You mean there's something other than Google?.....the Only True Search Engine....having received modern technology thru Revelation to the engineers who then transcribed the code in an strange language?

http://www.lds.net/forums/lds-gospel-discussion/17110-there-right-way-wrong-way-spell-bear-testimony.html#post312563

The 10 Commandments of Google - Church of Google

Now the truth. Yesterday, clicking on various e-mail links from the inbox came across a polls that was down by a well known tech magazine. The respond crowd was over 5200 on which search engine do you use. However, the disservice here, they only produce two polls selection; BING and GOOGLE. I felt this was wrong since there are other well known sites, Yahoo, AltaVista, and so forth that should have been included.

The results was

BING – 09 percent

GOOGLE – 91-percent.

Our own small polls reveals quite the opposite when we add other search engine in placing Bing at the bottom of the polls :)

Thanks again for proving my point.

Edited by Hemidakota

I'm quite convinced Google is Heavenly Father's one true tech company. On the day of judgement, all He will have to do is open up Google's databases to find out exactly what kind of life we all lived (I'm sure our search histories alone will be enough to reveal our heart's true motives).

And had Joseph Smith had a Nexus One, he wouldn't have needed a seer stone to translate the BOM. =)

Google backs up the Book of Life.

Incidentally, I'm the only person to have voted "other." I use Swagbucks, which is a rewards-based search engine. (If you're interested in joining, PM me and I'll send you a referral link, but I won't post it here). When Swagbucks is inadequate (because it comes up with a fair amount of "sponsored by" results), or I need an image or news search, I turn to Google. Swagbucks has both of those, but Google's is more effective.

I use google as my primary search engine and home page. Google still has the highest amount of spidered pages in its database I believe, and it's the quickest page to load out of all the other popular search engines. I don't know about anyone else, but a slow home page is annoying :D

I've never really had much joy with bing. When I use computers that have bing as an addon in the browser, I usually end up typing google into the bing search box.

Reading today on a pole done last month to see if the results are true....but your statement had me laughing.

Kind of curious as to where this pole is standing and why you were reading a pole. Was this pole in San Diego or was it the North Pole by chance? :P

Kind of curious as to where this pole is standing and why you were reading a pole. Was this pole in San Diego or was it the North Pole by chance? :P

A few neural intelligences within are responsible in using the word - pole - versus poll. :)

Thanks for the correction.

Edited by Hemidakota

• 1 month later...