Orrin Hatch On Gays: 'Their Religion Is Politics'

Posted Image

Credit: AP News Network

ARTICLE EXCERPT: "Gays and lesbians don't pay tithing, their religion is politics," Hatch told 300 or so constituents at Dixie State University Tuesday night, the Salt Lake Tribune reports

ARTICLE LINK: Orrin Hatch On Gays: 'Their Religion Is Politics'

Full story: Hatch hammers 'tax-and-spend' White House - Salt Lake Tribune

Posted Image

Credit: AP News Network

ARTICLE EXCERPT: "Gays and lesbians don't pay tithing, their religion is politics," Hatch told 300 or so constituents at Dixie State University Tuesday night, the Salt Lake Tribune reports

ARTICLE LINK: Orrin Hatch On Gays: 'Their Religion Is Politics'

Full story: Hatch hammers 'tax-and-spend' White House - Salt Lake Tribune

I love how many whilst condemning PC....seemingly bend over backwards to cater and kowtow to the homosexual agenda.

Hmmmm....Seems we're living in the days when good is evil and evil is good????

I love how many whilst condemning PC....seemingly bend over backwards to cater and kowtow to the homosexual agenda.

I have mixed feelings about this.

I do not believe it came out and is spread around the way he meant.

Hatch is not a "mean spirited" kind of guy.

Does he live on Earth? Of course gay and lesbian people can have a religion, and not many other religions do tithing. Honestly never did like the guy but this makes Bushisms look like Bush thought about it first

What do you think of all of the Obamaisms....or is he to fashionable to ridicule across the pond?

Fascinating response...Since I've never really cared who occupied #10 Downing Street????

A Mormon can't be our head of state:) The Queen is head of state not the prime minister. And actually I do pray about things in other countries what goes on in them affects us.

Guest Godless

My reasons for supporting gay marriage and the abolition of DADT have nothing to do with political-correctness and everything to do with my personal views on the matter. What you call catering to an agenda, I call supporting a worthy cause. Discrimination against gays continues to be a serious issue in this country (and I'm not just talking about marriage rights), and it needs to stop.

Hatch's statement is pretty funny, given how often politically conservative Mormons conflate their religion with their politics. No, just because the Republican Party says something doesn't mean it's gospel truth! :rolleyes:

HEP

"Conflate"...Excellent word...Thanks for the introduction. I'm curious here, do you find the Majority Leader of the Senate as funny when he conflates his religion with politics?

I would like to ask a question. Based on my understanding of 'discrimination', it means to treat a group differently than another. So, how are gays and lesbians discriminated when it comes to marriage? Is a heterosexual person allowed to marry another heterosexual person of the same gender? What difference is there? Is a pedophile allowed to marry a minor? Is a person of a faith that allows plural marriage <or non faith> allowed to have multiple spouses? The law has already determined that we can decide what is proper in marriage. We can decide to stop a group from doing what they believe is right, EVEN when it goes against freedom of religion. So, again, how is the G/L community discriminated against when they are under the same restrictions I am?

NOW, do I believe that G/Ls should be able to go in and see their partner in the hospital? Yes. But, that is because I believe the marriage restriction there is stupid in itself. Further, do I think 2 people should be able to enter into a civil contract together to allow each other to take care of the other's business and legal matters? Yes, but that has nothing to do with G/L or not. 2 grandma's in retirement in Florida should be able to enter into such an agreement of support for each other. 2 widowed moms should be able to. It has nothing to do with marriage. But, I also believe the government should get out of the marriage business all together and only enter into the business of managing/recording those civil contracts, which 2 people who are getting 'religiously' married would generally enter into as well.

My, what long legs you have - that was a most excellent leap. Lumping all lesbians and gays into one category (godless, activist, heathens who don't pay tithing) is what he did. Calling him on it is hardly catering to the "homosexual agenda."