Excommunication and Rebaptism

Onhech

Do deceased excommunicated get rebaptized? I know there have been people that have been restored their blessing after they have died, but does anyone know if those who have been exed get rebaptized after they die?

There are a few reasons why this would be done, maybe the person was not guilty of the conduct he was accused of. Maybe he can and did repent in the spirit world. I would find it hard to believe that no one has been exed for illegitimate reasons, but even that hasn't happened what if theoretically it did? He would need to be re-baptized.

Thoughts?

Do deceased excommunicated get rebaptized? I know there have been people that have been restored their blessing after they have died, but does anyone know if those who have been exed get rebaptized after they die?

There are a few reasons why this would be done, maybe the person was not guilty of the conduct he was accused of. Maybe he can and did repent in the spirit world. I would find it hard to believe that no one has been exed for illegitimate reasons, but even that hasn't happened what if theoretically it did? He would need to be re-baptized.

Thoughts?

He can be rebaptized.

All people of this planet will have their works done for them from Hitler to those who were excommunicated. The only exception will be those who are destined to the fate of Sons/Daughters of Perdition, There works will not be done.

If he has truly repented across the veil, he will be allowed to the privileged of paradise.

All people of this planet will have their works done for them from Hitler to those who were excommunicated. The only exception will be those who are destined to the fate of Sons/Daughters of Perdition, There works will not be done.

If he has truly repented across the veil, he will be allowed to the privileged of paradise.

It seems like there is hope for me after all!

Such folks don't need to have an actual re-baptism. A simple reverse-osmosis procedure usually will suffice.

But people do actually get re-baptized when are ex-ed. So it seems like it is necessary. What I am getting from what people are saying is that rebaptism for the dead happens for those who have died after been ex-ed. Does anyone KNOW that this happens? I'm still not convinced. Somewhat confused still

But people do actually get re-baptized when are ex-ed. So it seems like it is necessary. What I am getting from what people are saying is that rebaptism for the dead happens for those who have died after been ex-ed. Does anyone KNOW that this happens? I'm still not convinced. Somewhat confused still

The Church Handbook of Instructions states that approval of the First Presidency is necessary in order to perform temple ordinances for deceased persons who, at the time of their death, were ex'd or had their names removed from the Church's membership records.

The Church Handbook of Instructions states that approval of the First Presidency is necessary in order to perform temple ordinances for deceased persons who, at the time of their death, were ex'd or had their names removed from the Church's membership records.

Do you know why this is done? Simple stating this doesn't prevent the 99.9 percent excommunicate members from being rebaptized'. But again, do you know why?

I am looking for the key word that was already provided. This is to prevent as you stated, a baptism that would be invalid before the throne of GOD. There are couple of occasion stated in the CHoI that prevents any person from re-entering the baptismal water after being member of the church [temple endowed].

This is the reasoning behind for the First Presidency in reviewing the record and one other thing, if they truly repented. In this case, this is already mooted since they would already had sought penitence in order to re-baptized.

Edited by Hemidakota

• 1 year later...

While this looks like a dead topic, I just came across it...and...my uncle had been exxed and a number of years later he passed away in an plane crash. My grandparents petitioned the Frist Presidency, through their Stake President, and was told that they would pray on the matter and inform my grandparents when they felt confident it was time for my uncle to be rebaptized and his temple blessings restored (both via a general authority as proxy). About 1 year later they received notice that my uncle's work had been completed and, in the eyes of the church, it was as if he had never been excommunicated.

sorry this is false. hitler wont be baptised. baptism as is all temple work is for those that can enter the celestial kingdom. and those that we know have no chance of this temple work isnt done for them and shouldnt be done for them. famous well known mass murders like hitler are blacklisted and temple work wont be done for them.

concerning ex communicated folks? who knows. i will say this to get kicked out you had to of done something very severe and many extremely severe things like that will prevent you from entering the celestial kingdom. as for whether TC's person in mind is of that variety i have no idea.

sorry this is false. hitler wont be baptised. baptism as is all temple work is for those that can enter the celestial kingdom. and those that we know have no chance of this temple work isnt done for them and shouldnt be done for them. famous well known mass murders like hitler are blacklisted and temple work wont be done for them.

concerning ex communicated folks? who knows. i will say this to get kicked out you had to of done something very severe and many extremely severe things like that will prevent you from entering the celestial kingdom. as for whether TC's person in mind is of that variety i have no idea.

Let's be clear on the doctrine. "Where much is given, much is required" is very much the reality in matters concerning repentance and worthiness. Did Hitler lead a large scale murder of innocent people on an unprecedented scale? Absolutely. I don't think there is any historical doubt about this. Did Hitler make sacred temple covenants? Priesthood covenants or even baptismal covenants? Did he experience the sure knowledge of God and His plan for mankind and then set about to openly defy God, as Lucifer did and still does today, thus qualifying him for the punishments reserved for those who commit the unpardonable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Ghost? No. No he did not.

Hitler still very much qualifies for repentance and forgiveness. Will his path be hard and the cup bitter? Surely yes. But it will be possible, and who are we to withhold the ordinances of salvation from him? Heck, we may surprised to find Hitler and many other supposedly "unforgivable" people in the Celestial Kingdom. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants to some of the more self-righteous and hypocritical Latter-Day Saints to whom much has actually been given?

Let's be clear on the doctrine. "Where much is given, much is required" is very much the reality in matters concerning repentance and worthiness. Did Hitler lead a large scale murder of innocent people on an unprecedented scale? Absolutely. I don't think there is any historical doubt about this. Did Hitler make sacred temple covenants? Priesthood covenants or even baptismal covenants? Did he experience the sure knowledge of God and His plan for mankind and then set about to openly defy God, as Lucifer did and still does today, thus qualifying him for the punishments reserved for those who commit the unpardonable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Ghost? No. No he did not.

Hitler still very much qualifies for repentance and forgiveness. Will his path be hard and the cup bitter? Surely yes. But it will be possible, and who are we to withhold the ordinances of salvation from him? Heck, we may surprised to find Hitler and many other supposedly "unforgivable" people in the Celestial Kingdom. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants to some of the more self-righteous and hypocritical Latter-Day Saints to whom much has actually been given?

there is a point where the line is crossed though. the odds of hitler being in the celestial kingdom i say are quite low if not impossible. he can still make the third kingdom as never having a chance to deny the holy ghost so he can receive some forgiveness. but bapitsm is only a requirement of the top kingdom no other destination requires it. if you are a killer and certainly to the extent he is i do wonder how to get can past the whole murder is unforgiveable thing. i can perhaps see one or two maybe and thats a maybe but millions like hitler did? im just not buying it.

dont forget the third kingdom people still do repent just to get into it repent doesnt mean the top kingdom repent just means avoiding outer darkness.

there is no self righteousness in my attitude where you think it is im not sure im merely stating what baptism is intended for. sure Im not the judge but doesnt mean i cant say what disqualifies you and what doesnt after all we all know that because it is spelled out how to make it to the top.

I agree that there are qualifications to achieve the different degrees of glory. But, I'm grateful that I am not the one judging. How can I, not knowing the true mindset of a person, possibly judge? How would I know if a person perhaps had a mental deficiency that attributed to the choices that they made, even horrific crimes, where that person would not be accountable for their actions? I'm just grateful that when all of mankind is judged, it will be a perfect judgement. So, there actually may be figures from history, that we may have thought wouldn't qualify for the Celestial Kingdom, but because we don't know "all", they may actually qualify.

I agree that there are qualifications to achieve the different degrees of glory. But, I'm grateful that I am not the one judging. How can I, not knowing the true mindset of a person, possibly judge? How would I know if a person perhaps had a mental deficiency that attributed to the choices that they made, even horrific crimes, where that person would not be accountable for their actions? I'm just grateful that when all of mankind is judged, it will be a perfect judgement. So, there actually may be figures from history, that we may have thought wouldn't qualify for the Celestial Kingdom, but because we don't know "all", they may actually qualify.

your right we will be shocked im sure

Where can we find information on the Founding Fathers coming to the St. George Temple to have their temple work done? | Ask Gramps

interesting 4 of them are ordained high priests not elders.

there is also somewhere something about others appearing too and among them was napoleon and a few others(cant remeber who now) that were kind of shocking to hear. but i think we safely rule out some people like stalin and hitler.

lets also not forget upon death....our personalities are the same. so a stubborn old mule will still be a stubborn old mule. hitler will still think what he did was right. and of course all temple work is for celestial kingdom goers anyone else doesnt need it done. i mean to think hitler can make it to the celestial kingdom you might as well toss out all 10 commandments. i mean really.