College League Expansions

Moksha

What do you make of this talk of college league expansions, like the PAC-10 becoming the PAC-16 by gobbling up six of the Big 12 teams. What of Boise State joining the Mountain West Conference?

Okay, here is another one: What about BYU leaving the Mountain West Conference and becoming part of the LDS Conference. This conference could include:

BYU

BYU-Idaho

Church College of Hawaii

that Virginia Mormon College

Desert Valley College

Deseret Valley if completed could insure a sufficient number of conference games.

What's more, BYU would always be assured a spot in the televised Stake Conference Center championship game.

Anyways, these are things to think about.

:)

I know that if the PAC-10 expands and Utah doesn't get an invite there will be Ute fans tossing themselves off bridges all over town. I think that BYU won't leave the MWC, but Boise State might be added, that becomes a greater possibility if Utah bolts. I also think that if these big expansions go through, many traditional rivalries will be killed off as a result.

Your lame joke about the LDS Conference is just that, a lame joke.

Utah has left the Mountain West for the PAC 10 along with Colorado. There is a move in the Texas Legislature to add Houston and TCU to make the keep the Big 12 at 12. Losing TCU would leave BYU with basically one opponent in football: Boise State.

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon Monson, the BYU sports advocate at the Salt Lake Tribune, says that the Cougars are blue because Utah was promoted ahead of them, and they had the big win back in 1984.

I don't know what you're smoking, but Gordon Monson is not a BYU advocate of any kind. He may irritate Ute fans by saying BYU has been better than Utah in sports lately, but the scores and the Deseret Duel have proven that to be true.