Fear, Love or.....

bytor2112

Do you love God? Why? Is it because you fear HIM or you fear death? If you do love HIM, what caused this love and what causes this love to flourish? Are you obedient because of love or fear or both?

I would not choose to die soon, but I do not fear death. Love, and a desire to please and "do good" are my motivators...never fear. My love for HF is a comforting, peaceful, nurturing warmth that surrounds me. I cannot imagine going through life "fearful". I guess it might make one "toe the line"?

Do you love God? Why? Is it because you fear HIM or you fear death? If you do love HIM, what caused this love and what causes this love to flourish? Are you obedient because of love or fear or both?

When you know THEM [Heavenly Parents] personally, you will find out what is true love all about.

I do not fear God. I see the things that occur as refinements to my soul. Now, I do not look forward to trials and troubles, however I know they are good for me.

I love God, because he goes out of his way to save even the Hitlers in the world. THAT is amazing to me, to consider such love, caring, and patience with his children.

I fear God. Honestly, it's a fear of the unknown and I don't feel I know him. I ask for his help, but a big part of me doesn't feel worthy to receive answers or the love some people talk about.

I've been pondering my own relationship as of late and I'm about as far away as I can get without becoming agnostic/athiest.

With the death of John Wooden, I've been seeing numerous quotes about how to live from John Wooden. Coach Wooden kind of makes me feel guilty because I haven't lived a life of faith and faith is a very difficult thing for me. I wish I had the same faith and commitment Coach Wooden had.

John Wooden's quotes would make for a tremendous Conference talk.

That said, I do know what I need to work on, but sometimes having enough faith to put in the work is a difficult task!

When you know THEM [Heavenly Parents] personally, you will find out what is true love all about.

Yep.

1 John 4 We love him, because he first loved us

And for me, that's the bottom line.

When I was younger and did not know God, I felt like he was like my step-dad: Old, domineering, set-in-his-ways, and judgmental, barring the gates of Heaven for the *unworthy*. And if you read the Bible, He can certainly sound like that at times.

But that's not how it is at all. He's not like a lawyer, either. He redefined Love for me --- I never really knew what it was, until He taught me.

He has taken my heart for all time -- I am His. :wub:

HiJolly

Hijolly, when I was a prodigal son, I felt lost and incomplete without our heavenly family. There was no fear death. There was no love for specific members. I simply didn't care at all. I remain in a darkened room without any light. The family suffered for it but what kindness my companion could manifest during that dark era, was my beacon of hope and light. You know what I stating here when you feel it for yourself. Some here may relate to what I am saying. It is dark side know one cares to talk about or acknowledge that exist when the Spirit departs.

I understand what it means now with Alma cries in being casted out to hell for three days. For me, it was longer term.

When I rebelled for the stupid reasons, I never really understood the patience and loving attitude our heavenly parents have for us in moments like this. I truly believe, Lucifer had the same opportunity to come back and refused it. Let you know, I still love him as a brother but despise him on what he had done and still remain active in this world.

Waiting patiently for me to come back to the fold and make our penitence full, is when I marvel with unfathomable depth of love and attachment our heavenly family has for us. I stand now, waiting for the time to embrace my elder brother – Jesus the Christ - with uncontrollable tears while hugging Him with authenticity of love and respect as to be my GOD and brother for eternality. As I would die Him, as I would be grateful to serve with Him for ever and be His servant for the allowing me to come back. I stand waiting for to meet our heavenly parents and will do the same.

Perhaps, this is the reasoning of the vision of ‘leaping to the top branches of the Tree of Life.’ Christ demonstration of a unconditional love for us and the power thereof exceeds into the highest state of heaven.

My advice to anyone out there, if there is hope for me, there is hope for you to come back to the fold. Never give up hope.

Edited by Hemidakota

Heavenly Father has been the single most loving influence in my life I love Him and my Saviour because they are there, they are a part of me, there has never been a time in my life when I couldn't call on them, when their wise guidance couldn't help me. I don't fear death, I love life, my life is sacred and beautiful and is a blessing from them and I will not end it before its time is over, but a part of me is excited about going home.

I don't fear God, but I fear letting Him down. I fear damaging that relationship, losing the bond. I fear hurting my Saviour when I think he took upon Himself my sins every time I sin I regret my part in the pain He suffered.

I have never feared death. In fact, there was a time I would have welcomed death, as it would have freed me from the pain I was going through. I did not fear His judgment either. I wanted it. Felt I deserved it. Could not, would not accept His mercy. I wanted nothing more than to face the consequences of my decisions head on, too proud to give my pain to another, to let someone else carry my burdens. I had dug my own grave, and I was going to lay in it.

Sometimes I still feel that way- like I have to do everything on my own, like I have to carry all the weight for myself on my own shoulders. I don't like sharing my troubles with others, because I don't like adding to their burdens. It is especially hard for me to give everything up to Christ, as I can't bear the thought of adding to His suffering.

Mostly though, I am past that point. I recognize why The Plan works the way it does. I recognize the need to humble ourselves, submit our will to Him and share our burdens with the Lord. If I am driven by fear, it is not fear of Him. It is fear of entrapment, enslavement, of Satan. I experienced a touch of what it would feel like to be ensnared by his cunning lies, and that touch was enough. I don't ever want to go through that again.

Why would I fear the wrath of God, when turning unto Him brings forgiveness and mercy? Why would I fear Him when I know He is perfectly Just, perfectly Merciful, and that all He gives will be all I deserve? Why would I fear death, when death is only the next step in the journey of eternity?

I do not follow Him out of fear. I follow Him out of gratitude, out of love, out of sheer passion and loyalty. He has given me all that I have, freed me from my turmoil, and I will do everything in my power to repay Him. I refuse to sit the fence or toe-the-line. I want to give Him my all, because it is right. I feel at peace. I know He will never lead me astray. I trust in Him more than I trust in myself.

This is what drives me forward, and I would not feel this way if it weren't for my experience. I am greatful for the trials, the hard times, the challenges, because that is what makes me stronger, and I desire nothing more than to be strong in my faith.

I have felt His love first. And I in turn love Him back. My love leads me to want to continue that relationship and continue to feel that love.

I personally dont believe the initial feeling came from something I did (maybe from something in the premortal existance), who knows....but I dont really think it was MY doing. God allowed me to feel this and now my choice is what to do with the feeling Ive been given. Disobedience would be considered ignoring the feeling Ive had or disregarding it.