Off-Topic: Anyone Ever Try Lucid Dreaming?

Melissa569

I'm studying Lucid dreaming right now, because I recently had a lucid dream (its basically where you realize that you are dreaming, while you are STILL dreaming, and you can therefore control everything that happens). I've mainly been studying techniques on YouTube, and buddying up with other "dream jounral" video logs folks there. They say having a dream journal is an important step in learning to lucid dream regularly. Among many other tips.

In my lucid dream, I was able to manifest an entire palace simply by willing it to be, and I walked around inside it. I could fly, and everything. Crazy how those abilities in dreams feel like something you have always been able to do, but just forgot how when you were born here, hahaha. I also spoke to Jesus in that dream! jsut a dream, I know. But the most incredible, indescribable messages were conveyed! I like to think that's how it will be in the afterlife-- we will have all those amazing abilities... That's why I want to master lucid dreaming, so I can explore that a bit more.

Anyway, some of the people I have been talking to there who have mastered lucid dreaming are having some AMAZING dreams! I especially like this man's video-- here he is talking about a romantic dream he had (don't worry, nothing gross, its totally clean):

And by the way, here is the song he mentions in the dream, so you can add that to the story in your mind, makes it all the more amazing to actually know the song he's tlaking about:

Anyone else ever attempted this (lucid dreaming)? Or had one?

Yes, I lucid dream all the time. I think I trained myself to do it because of my habit with my alarm clock. I tend to snooze for about 30 minutes every morning. It drives my husband crazy but it works for me because I slowly wake up. Basically I hit snooze each time the alarm rings until it is really time for me to wake up. Because of this I would hit snooze, lay back down and begin dreaming immediately. Often I would find that I knew it was a dream and be able to control it, or I would return to a dream I had before the alarm rang and go back into it knowing it was a dream and take control of it from there.

I have pretty crazy dreams as it is, lucid dreaming mostly allows me to keep myself safe in my dreams or to stop nightmares when they are happening. Awhile ago I had a dream where I went to a restaurant and they fed me my dogs, the dream bothered me so much that I rewound it and redreamed it with a better ending.

I will say, lucid dreaming does lead to interesting experiences in dreams.

i guess i've never had a lucid dream given the way you describe it. i can't control my dream but i do sometimes think separately from the dream. like i know i'm dreaming and i find myself thinking about what's happening, kinda like i would comment at the tv or something. like if i'm having a very weird dream when i wake up i can recall thinking, separate from the dream, "what, that doesn't make since?" though i can't control the dream i can choose to wake up and not take it any further. like if i'm having a bad dream i'll think "i don't like this" and then just wake up.

i do have dreams that i know have meaning, though they rarely make since at the time. not like visions like nephi or anything. just meaning for me, my mind working things out or anxiety provoked and such. even though i'm not always "comfortable" with them i will often choose to let them play out, make notes of things i want to remember. there is a dream meaning site i like to go to that i will later look things up to help me sort it out. their interpretations are not always accurate but they do give me a starting place to use what is going on in my life to figure out the meaning.

Yeah I believe I have. The dreams I remember (right now at least) are ones where I've in one way or another ´pushed the direction´ of the dream. :o I do the snoozing thing as well lol.

When I was younger (before 10 years of age) I had a specific reoccuring dream while having open eyes as well, where the entire room suddenly became tiny all around me.

• 10 months later...

Im sorry to most likely ruin everyone's day, but lucid dreaming is apparently a satanic practice. It is extremely similar (if not, in fact, a part of) Astral Projection, and is considered just as evil. There is a webpage i reccommend you all visit, i cant paste a link but if you look up " astral projection and mormons" on google it will take you to a page and at the bottom it makes many religious links between astral projection and lucid dreaming.

I lucid dream all the time, but don't consider it fun at all. It's because I have post-traumatic stress disorder. They're always nightmares, and even though I know I'm dreaming in them I can't stop what's happening. Sometimes I'm able to wake myself up, but most of the time I can't. I hate them.

Elphaba

I lucid dream all the time, but don't consider it fun at all. It's because I have post-traumatic stress disorder. They're always nightmares, and even though I know I'm dreaming in them I can't stop what's happening. Sometimes I'm able to wake myself up, but most of the time I can't. I hate them.

Elphaba

Oh my word! Connection! I never really analyzed those dreams because I always try to push them out of my mind because of their content. I never thought to connect it all together. Wow!

Im sorry to most likely ruin everyone's day, but lucid dreaming is apparently a satanic practice. It is extremely similar (if not, in fact, a part of) Astral Projection, and is considered just as evil. There is a webpage i reccommend you all visit, i cant paste a link but if you look up " astral projection and mormons" on google it will take you to a page and at the bottom it makes many religious links between astral projection and lucid dreaming.

So because I realize I'm dreaming, and know I can fly, and choose to do so because it's fun, I'm a Satan worshiper?

Yeah.

What makes lucid dreaming satanic? Many doctors say it's actually very healthy (though apparently not in all cases as, as Elphaba has shared, it can be tied to other issues.) I've never tried to do it, but it's happened a few times.

I also don't know if I consider even astral projection satanic (though one of my best friends was into it in jr. high and he freely admitted it was of the devil--don't worry, he's currently temple-sealed and a very active and good Mormon, jr. high was just a very very weird phase for us.) Various religions have supported it for years. And yes, lucid dreaming is a great skill for it. I suppose, like anything, it can be satanic, but I wouldn't automatically annouce it as such for no reason.

Edited by Backroads

Ok everyone - I've always wanted to go to an LDS.NET gettogether, but I live in CO. So we'll have to lucid dream a get together.

Here's the deal - Friday night I'll dream myself off to temple square. You know the reflecting pool to the east? Meet me there. We'll have good wholesome hijinks and throw dream water baloons at the dream protestors and whatnot.

You'll be able to recognize me - I'll be the fat guy with the goatee in the very loud shirt. Saturday morning come post and tell me what color shirt!

LM

Ok everyone - I've always wanted to go to an LDS.NET gettogether, but I live in CO. So we'll have to lucid dream a get together.

Here's the deal - Friday night I'll dream myself off to temple square. You know the reflecting pool to the east? Meet me there. We'll have good wholesome hijinks and throw dream water baloons at the dream protestors and whatnot.

You'll be able to recognize me - I'll be the fat guy with the goatee in the very loud shirt. Saturday morning come post and tell me what color shirt!

LM

But we already know you are satanic and evil, so you don't count :D And aren't goatee's satanic? I mean look at these: :guilty::devil:

But we already know you are satanic and evil, so you don't count :D And aren't goatee's satanic? I mean look at these: :guilty::devil:

Get rid of the horns and sign, change the beard color to red and that first one is a spitting image of me after spending a day in the sun.

This is a very good subject that "while not always controlling my dreams, have been lucid and I have even remembered my first dream when I was three years old in the late 60s.

I have always been a intense dreamer. Often, I am either looking though my own eyes in the dream, or looking at my self from another perspective. I also have two way conversations with people in my dream. Intense dreams are actually good for the body and mind. As a doctor told me, it is the brains ability to heal and rest its self. It also is very good for the by "in my case, it really does give me a nearly complete sleep cycle" which I really have been needing these past few insomniac years.

My dreams are either to strange or weird, or scarey.

So bacily, I welcome lucid dreams. It is another plane of living such as flying, which I did by flapping my arms ;) or other strange planes of existence in the dream world.