The opportunity for the dead to accept the gospel

lizzy12

So a friend said....

"Jesus won't come until his name is preached to all corners of the earth rt/

....why? If he can just save them after tehy die, then why bother having us spread it all around??"

and i got to thinking about it.....

So whats your view on this ?

Same reasoning when I read this statement in the Doctrine and Covenants about the the four assigned angels [really known as destroyers] can ensure that the gospel can reach every corner of the world?

D&C 77:8 Q. What are we to understand by the four angels, spoken of in the 7th chapter and 1st verse of Revelation?

A. We are to understand that they are four angels sent forth from God, to whom is given power over the four parts of the earth, to save life and to destroy; these are they who have the everlasting gospel to commit to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people; having power to shut up the heavens, to seal up unto life, or to cast down to the regions of darkness.

How would the Lord ensure, these assigned angels, having authority over the gospel, commit the gospel to every country, every person, in variety of languages prior to the closure of this world? I believe it will be done through assigned mortal called men/women, spirits across the veil, in aiding them to bring the Master’s work on both side of the veil, whether in the spirit prison or still living in mortality. Every person who live, or will live, will have the opportunity to hear it. Or the work is not complete. I hardly doubt the Master can return and report to the FATHER, claiming, every child has had the chance to hear the message. Edited by Hemidakota

So a friend said....

....why? If he can just save them after tehy die, then why bother having us spread it all around??"

1. Because the Gospel is a blessing. People are happier with it in their lives.

2. Because the whole purpose of our mortal existence is to see whether we will embrace and live according to whatever portions of truth we are able to obtain.

So a friend said....

all the things that will cause a person to be humble and more likely to repent occurs in this life.

Also a part of the Gospel is to prepare the people and the earth for Christ's return, the more running room a person has the better off they will be.

Interesting question. Some believe it will be easier on the other side

"I tell you that when the prophets and apostles go to preach to those who are shut up in prison, thousands of them will embrace the Gospel. They know more in that world than they do here." [1] -- Wilford Woodruff

"When the gospel is preached to the spirits in prison, the success attending that preaching will be far greater than that attending the preaching of our elders in this life. I believe there will be very few indeed of those spirits who will not gladly receive the gospel when it is carried to them. The circumstances there will be a thousand times more favorable."-- Lorenzo Snow