Intimate apparel for endowed members?

JThimm88

Not sure where to post this, but I was wondering if any fellow women out there knew of a website/store that sells something closer to intimate apparel, but that has sleeves and a modest length, basically that you could wear with your garments?

I guess I'm wondering if there's anything like a nightgown that's made of silk/nicer fabric other than cotton, and is a little bit more form fitting (not baggy like a muumuu, but not terribly tight or anything) that I could just wear to bed when just my husband is around?

Hidden

Not a female here (obviously!), but . . .

If you're talking about . . . ahem . . . contexts where lingerie might be worn by non-endowed members: I'm not aware of any requirement that the garment be worn during . . . activities that normally precede marital relations. (How's that for delicacy?)

Of course, each couple needs to work out what they're comfortable with . . .

Not sure where to post this, but I was wondering if any fellow women out there knew of a website/store that sells something closer to intimate apparel, but that has sleeves and a modest length, basically that you could wear with your garments?

I guess I'm wondering if there's anything like a nightgown that's made of silk/nicer fabric other than cotton, and is a little bit more form fitting (not baggy like a muumuu, but not terribly tight or anything) that I could just wear to bed when just my husband is around?

Ummm, I don't how to say this without getting too personal, so be warned. Who needs a nightgown with garments? Built in night wear. Sexy while keeping covenants.

And for those times you want to dress a little differently to entice your husband, ditch the garments for some sexy lingerie.

Otherwise, the only things I've seen to cover the garment are grandma nightgowns--not on the top of the sexy meter.

So glad everyone seems to get a laugh out of this, but I wasn't posting this to be laughed at. I like to wear nightgowns, yes OVER my garments -- I'm a convert. I grew up wearing PJs to bed over my underwear, so the same goes for garments. I never slept in just my underwear, so I wouldn't sleep in just my garments -- anyway, the only nightgowns I've been able to find are more secular, obviously -- short and spaghetti-strapped, or old-grandma-cotton.

Guess I'll just have to hope that someone will come along with an answer instead of a laugh.

I'm not laughing. I'm being serious. I, too, grew up wearing night clothes. When I first got my garments, I continued to wear night clothes. On my mission, one of my comps didn't wear night clothes. I tried it and have abandoned night clothes since (unless I'm staying in someone's home).

I love wearing my garments and have no problems not wearing anything with them for sleeping or even lounging (in appropriate company, of course).

I just wear t-shirts and pj pants when I want to wear pj's (which is about 9 months out of the year. during the summer months I'd overheat if I wore them). Target and Old Navy both sell t-shirt/pj pant sets. They're not sexy, but they're comfy and modest. I haven't seen any non-granny nightgowns, but then I haven't really looked very hard since I don't like them. (they always ride up to my hips during the night, so I might as well just wear a shirt)

If I'm trying to entice my husband, then, like a previous poster mentioned, the garments aren't involved. ;)

I guess I just answered my own question. I'm looking for something like this photo, but in a nicer, maybe silkier, fabric; something that could or could not be worn with garments -- mostly, I want to be modest and still wear garments, while feeling pretty before going to bed without looking like an old grandma when I'm only 21.

Posted Image

Edited by JThimm88

So glad everyone seems to get a laugh out of this, but I wasn't posting this to be laughed at. I like to wear nightgowns, yes OVER my garments -- I'm a convert. I grew up wearing PJs to bed over my underwear, so the same goes for garments. I never slept in just my underwear, so I wouldn't sleep in just my garments -- anyway, the only nightgowns I've been able to find are more secular, obviously -- short and spaghetti-strapped, or old-grandma-cotton.

Guess I'll just have to hope that someone will come along with an answer instead of a laugh.

So how's that sense of humor thing working out for you anyway?

Hidden

So how's that sense of humor thing working out for you anyway?

My sense of humor is just fine, thanks. I was just hoping that instead of "Sister Victoria's Secret" that someone might actually have been able to really refer a store that sells nice nightgowns for LDS women. Humor is fine, but I feel pretty silly now for wondering about the nightgowns at all.

I guess I just answered my own question. I'm looking for something like this photo, but in a nicer, maybe silkier, fabric; something that could or could not be worn with garments -- mostly, I want to be modest and still wear garments, while feeling pretty before going to bed without looking like an old grandma when I'm only 21.

Posted Image

I've actually seen some similar to these in the pictures down at my local Walmart.

The thing I don't get, and admittedly I don't get a lot of things, is if it is just for bed or when your husband is around why is modesty an issue? Now the aesthetics or warmth of wearing something spaghetti straps with garments I can see I suppose.

I'm not attacking your desire, just doing my head scratching out loud.

Sexy while keeping covenants.

Um, definitely not sexy. At all.

I grew up wearing PJs to bed over my underwear, so the same goes for garments.

Same here. I wore PJs to bed for probably almost the first year of my marriage, then jsut wore garments. I found that I didn't like wearing two layers to bed.

Then I have an inflated opinion of how I look in my garments.

I think this is getting to be a little more info than I want to know about you. :P

this is cute Mystique Intimates Bliss Knit Flutter Sleeve Gown 21925 - Mystique Intimates Sleepwear

they have some other things that don't have sleeves but they are wide at the shoulder not spaghetti straps. you could probably wear those with garments. yes you would see the cap sleeve but i don't think it would be all that bad for sleeping. especially if you wear the silky garments and you get a white silky gown it may not even be all that noticeable. not that anyone will be seeing you. lol

For what it's worth, JThimm88, I have a similar problem. I'd love a silky, cute nightgown that covers my garments. Obviously since I'm in the privacy of my own home, it wouldn't matter if I wore a spaghetti strap nightgown, but I just don't think it's attractive to see the garments sticking out! I did a lot of searching before I got married and found nothing. So, I don't have answers for you, just sympathy.

For what it's worth, JThimm88, I have a similar problem. I'd love a silky, cute nightgown that covers my garments. Obviously since I'm in the privacy of my own home, it wouldn't matter if I wore a spaghetti strap nightgown, but I just don't think it's attractive to see the garments sticking out! I did a lot of searching before I got married and found nothing. So, I don't have answers for you, just sympathy.

See, this is exactly how I feel. I don't think it's attractive to have my garments sticking out from even night clothing. I wouldn't walk out in public wearing just my garments and a spaghetti-strapped dress, sooo...

Also, in general, I should probably really reword that it wouldn't necessarily be in only the company of my husband that I'd like to wear such a nightgown, but of course, considering it's just me and him right now, he's the only one I have to worry about. I'm not looking to wear the nightgown to "entice" him, heck, if I want to do that, off go the garments! ;)

I just really like nightgowns to sleep in is all!

see jt its sorta like my old bishop says....

when I first started talking to him about goin to the temple i had ALL kinds of questions. this is what he told me....

"When you play basketball you wear a uniform. when you go swimming you wear a swimsuit. you dress for the sport. enough said"

I see nothin wrong with the nightgown thing personally.

hope that helps?