A discussion of Heaven and our view of heaven

Traveler

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many times we think of walls (that define houses) as a means to “shut out” the world. If there is nothing to shut out why will we need houses with walls?

We think we need privacy – for what? Those of the CK would not “look” for something they should not and what could we possibly do to prevent anyone from seeing what they desired. In other words we will not be able to hide anything from others that have power to see beyond any barrier we think hides anything.

Competing in spouts does not seem to me to have the same attraction for us here where we are all limited by physical attributes that will not be part of the resurrection.

There have been some thoughts about work verses pleasure. Since we will be doing things of importance I do not think we will need vacations to escape our works.

But what work will need to be done? What service to others will we do? They will not need anything health related – knowledge (teaching) will not be limiting anyone, I do not think eating is necessary so we will not be preparing meals – I do not think anyone will mess anything up so we will not need to clean. What service will be needed?

What commandments will we be keeping – I do not think tithing is an eternal commandment. I do not think there will be “Sabbath” days – every day will be holly. Killing is not possible nor is stealing.

The Traveler

We may not NEED to eat but I believe we will still enjoy eating. We may not NEED food but I still think we will enjoy gardening. Artists will continue to paint, architects will still design houses (which will be still be built), potters will still throw clay on a wheel. All in my own opinion of course.

Edited by LocalFarms
typo

Interesting to point out, even Nibley noted within in the city he visited, they have play theaters at the city inner area. Remember, his request was to visit the Library. On the way, it was his observation on what he seen. I suspect, social events still persist as we demonstrate our love for those special interests that may carry with us into the Celestial Kingdom. The only thing that is absent is the need for temples. Maybe, instead of calling it temples, as those that will be built in the New Jerusalem, will be on the order of functional priesthood buildings.

As far as eating, both Adam and Eve still subsisted on food. Fruits perhaps, but still a food source for a-mortal being [immortality]. Whether this was necessary or not, I cannot fathom if there is a need for sleep as we do it in the physical body.

Here are some thoughts. The Celestial Kingdom is represented by the sun. There are some that believe that the earth will become a sun when it is Celestialized and that Celestial beings would consume anything on this earth in their presents without some kind of protection created for the earthly things. We will each have our own “white stone” (Urim and Thummim?) so why would we need libraries?

It is hard for me to think of any activity that is competitive – what would be the point? To show that you are better at something than someone else?

I do not believe there will be any political or religious functions or organizations. The “glue” of the social structure will be family – but we will in essence all be the same age. Everyone will be beautiful so “attractions” I believe will be spiritual not physical. There will be no “bosses” but acts of service – but who would be served? We all would be. We would be served and we would serve. Everything in the universe would be managed and cared for – I think we would “take turns” overseeing various elements of creation for each other as well as our Father and older brother.

I have thought that I might enjoy working with stars to “supernova”. Also, to have some “calling” with black holes would be interesting as well. But I think working with all kinds of life throughout the universe would be a favorite for many.

The Traveler

The Celestial Kingdom is represented by the sun. There are some that believe that the earth will become a sun when it is Celestialized and that Celestial beings would consume anything on this earth in their presents without some kind of protection created for the earthly things. The Traveler

Is the Celestial Kingdom represented by the Sun or the body that pertains to the Celestial Kingdom represented by the Sun? Even though, to me, this is all metaphoric and mostly describing the magnitude of the glory related to each of these Kingdoms, it sounds like in Corinthians 15 it is referring to the flesh, the description of the body in each of these kingdoms. ... not so much the planet, even though the planet too will have Celestial glory.

" 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:"

Because as I understand the resurrection we will be resurrected with the same "spirit" we have in this life.

The Traveler

The way I understand it though is that all of that will be sorted out in the spirit world and the change necessary to make that no longer an issue will be done through true repentance for ones sins in spirit prison if that is the case. I don't think there will be liars or untruthfulness in any degree of glory. There may be individuals less adept or valiant but they won't be liars. Or else, do you think there will be "sins" that will go unpaid in the next life without any consequence or any one to answer to?

I would have a hard time believing that there would be any level of deception with an incorruptible body.

Traveler, if this earth is currently living in a telestial state due to the fall, would not the Sun also reside in the same state?

The sun administers and governs the light that is sent unto the earth. Not all that administers and governs the life on earth is telestial. (See Abraham 3:9-13)

The Traveler

The way I understand it though is that all of that will be sorted out in the spirit world and the change necessary to make that no longer an issue will be done through true repentance for ones sins in spirit prison if that is the case. I don't think there will be liars or untruthfulness in any degree of glory. There may be individuals less adept or valiant but they won't be liars. Or else, do you think there will be "sins" that will go unpaid in the next life without any consequence or any one to answer to?

I would have a hard time believing that there would be any level of deception with an incorruptible body.

Is not the telestial kingdom prepared for those that cannot abide by the truth? (see D&C 88:21-24)

The Traveler

I could be mistaken; I have yet to see anything currently on this earth which resembles the Celestial glory, whether it is human or lesser forms of life. The last individual that was a celestial being was murdered by His own people. The only case I could see, portals to the celestial realms would be any temple. Anything else I do consider living, resides in a telestial state. Neither, I can fathom this Sun or any of the solar habitation could receive any direct light from GOD and live at this point.

Regards to the Book of Abraham, even our telestial Sun receives or borrows it light from medium vice directly from either Kolob, first world next to GOD or GOD HIMSELF. There is a notable reduction of physical light being seen if there is mediums between us and the celestial glory.

But if the earth fell from the presence of GOD, as stated by the brethren since Joseph time, the earth when in its paradiscal glory [Garden of Eden] resided next to Kolob. We do know, both Adam and Eve lived in a terrestrial state [see the D&C]. It goes reason, if our earth is not in either both the terrestrial or celestial state; what we are now observing is of a telestial order. Right?

The only thing that is absent is the need for temples. Maybe, instead of calling it temples, as those that will be built in the New Jerusalem, will be on the order of functional priesthood buildings.

Many prophets saw God in the throne room of His heavenly temple.

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

(I also think that Lehi's vision of God on His throne takes place in the heavenly temple). I'm guessing you're statement that there won't be a temple on the celestialized earth is based on Revelations 21:22

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

But John just got done describing the temple there

And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Just because we will no longer perform work for the dead doesn't mean we won't have temples. There's more to a temple than an endowment house.

[This is my expression here] More or less, it is a descriptor for a person of GOD, trying to scribe what is being shown in the seventh heaven. Have you received a vision or dream, we never know which one when it comes to us, a guide (ministering spirit or angel) comes to us and accompanies us to a location, begins to converse on what is being shown or may give promptings to our mind? Former prophet writers are trying to illustrate in their own words, based on their physical surroundings, what was shown. Even Apostle John, sought to convey his message to paper what was seen of our days. A good point, what would John call a Tank firing rounds down range in his day? Or CH-46 Marine helicopter with troops aboard landing in a hot DMZ? I could see him using metaphors and surroundings object in describing what was shown. Even I have a few ‘opportunities’ that happen in my own life where our English language could not even transcribed most of which was given. We simply at times, do not have the appropriate language to illustrate preciously for other to understand the content. Same goes with prophets of the past in seeing across the veil or future events.

But calling it a throne room is ok with me.

After the Earth has received its Celestial glory, I don't know what you guys will be doing, but I will be enjoying the eternities in a quaint mansion sized cabin near a crystal clear lake in Finland (or what would have been Finland after the continents gather again) with my wife... There we will "...bear the souls of men; for herein is the work of [the] Father continued, that he may be glorified" (D&C 132:63). That is, when I'm not out and about helping the Father bring to pass immortality and eternal life to said "souls of men".

And after a hard day of Celestial work, I will come to my own home, and fire up the Sauna. Maybe take a few refreshing dips in the lake between sauna sessions, and snuggle up next to my wife and rest.

I don't subscribe to the collective drone commune idea myself. To each their own, though.

Regards,

Vanhin

Edited by Vanhin

I could be mistaken; I have yet to see anything currently on this earth which resembles the Celestial glory, whether it is human or lesser forms of life. The last individual that was a celestial being was murdered by His own people. The only case I could see, portals to the celestial realms would be any temple. Anything else I do consider living, resides in a telestial state. Neither, I can fathom this Sun or any of the solar habitation could receive any direct light from GOD and live at this point.

Regards to the Book of Abraham, even our telestial Sun receives or borrows it light from medium vice directly from either Kolob, first world next to GOD or GOD HIMSELF. There is a notable reduction of physical light being seen if there is mediums between us and the celestial glory.

But if the earth fell from the presence of GOD, as stated by the brethren since Joseph time, the earth when in its paradiscal glory [Garden of Eden] resided next to Kolob. We do know, both Adam and Eve lived in a terrestrial state [see the D&C]. It goes reason, if our earth is not in either both the terrestrial or celestial state; what we are now observing is of a telestial order. Right?

Didn't Joseph Smith also say something to the effect that if we could have a glimpse of even the lowest kingdom that we would want to go there now because it is so much better than where we currently find ourselves (sorry, I'm lazy today, didn't look it up). I think we might say this world is "like" the telestial world but it is not a Kingdom of Glory. This world is very unique, a time of trial, of testing, refiners fire etc. Even in the telestial world there will be rest from many of the struggles we face here, living by the sweat of the brow, the effects of aging, becoming tired and weary. I think its hard to compare this world to any degree of Glory.

After the Earth has received its Celestial glory, I don't know what you guys will be doing, but I will be enjoying the eternities in a quaint mansion sized cabin near a crystal clear lake in Finland (or what would have been Finland after the continents gather again) with my wife... There we will "...bear the souls of men; for herein is the work of [the] Father continued, that he may be glorified" (D&C 132:63). That is, when I'm not out and about helping the Father bring to pass immortality and eternal life to said "souls of men".

And after a hard day of Celestial work, I will come to my own home, and fire up the Sauna. Maybe take a few refreshing dips in the lake between sauna sessions, and snuggle up next to my wife and rest.

I don't subscribe to the collective drone commune idea myself. To each their own, though.

Regards,

Vanhin

Those are beautiful ideas but I don't think you will need to use so many adjectives that suggest you will need to rest or recover from something, like "hard day", "refreshing", "rest". I am curious why you think it will be such a tiring place or even the idea that one day might be different from the next, easy day, hard day, etc. That also seemingly suggests you believe there will be a "day" and "night". (And if one day is like a thousand there, you would be gone from your wife a long time.)