Blood in the Water, Sign of the Times Fulfilled?

BATMan_OIF

The sea of blood prophecy in Revelations 16:3 reads "And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood."

I am curious to know if anyone feels confident about this sign being fulfilled. What do you think?

I rarely read into world news, or any news for that matter -- as in, I don't watch/read "religiously," but I have read some stories. However, I haven't read anything about waters literally becoming blood, and of course prophecies don't always have to be literal. But, I am thinking of world disasters that deal with water (hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, etc.) and have also dealt with high numbers of death. So, if looking at it in a non-literal way, then possibly?

What do you think, OP?

That is interesting I never thought about it in that way. And the oil does kind of look like blood. That same why the moon turns to blood during and eclipse. It's not really blood it just looks similar.

I saw on the yahoo news that the sun is entering an active phase for the next 11 years. It almost scared me silly seeing as how all those movies show news reports about strange sun activity just before the world is destroyed. hehehe.

The sea of blood prophecy in Revelations 16:3 reads "And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood."

I am curious to know if anyone feels confident about this sign being fulfilled. What do you think?

Back to the original posting, trying to put this into a clearer perspective, returning back to chapter 15, was a precursor for chapter 16. Remember, Apostle John already seen the Saints sing their victorious song of triumph. Apostle John, gives the readers assurance they will eventually be victorious and have nothing to fear from the judgment vials to be poured out against the wicked. The assignment of the Seven Angels are controlled by the Four Angels [see D&C 77:8] who have power over the earth, people, the charged of the Gospel, also have charged over those who are assigned to various elements on the earth. Given the word, they will come forth from the throne of GOD to continue the work of destruction...

THE FIRST THREE BOWLS (verse 2-7)

2. And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

3. And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

4. And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

5. And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.

6. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

7. And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

Professor Richard Draper stated; ('Opening the Seven Seals: The Visions of John the Revelator', p.174-)

The voice dispatches the first angel to pour out his bowl against the followers of the first beast. These have proudly worn the beast's mark; now they will wear the sign of God's wrath. Foul and angry sores come upon them. The KJV states that they are "noisome" and "grievous." Noisome (from kakos)is often translated "evil." The word emphasizes the pernicious and destructive nature of the sores that plague the mind as well as the body. Grievous (from ponros) suggests theirvirulent and serious nature. The sores themselves are open abscesses or ulcers echoing those of the sixth Egyptian plague brought by Moses (see Ex. 9:8-12; see also Job 2:7-8, 13).

The second angel pours out the wrath of God upon the sea, while the third directs his vial toward the rivers and springs of waters. The result is that all became as blood, and "every living soul died in the sea" (v. 3, KJV). Here the sea, as part of creation, suffers as a result of sin. Speaking of the last days the Lord has stated: "There are many dangers upon the waters, and more especially hereafter; for I, the Lord have decreed in mine anger many destructions upon the waters" (D&C 61:4-5). Further, "I, the Lord, in the beginning blessed the waters; but in the last days, by the mouth of my servant John, I cursed the waters. Wherefore, the days will come that no flesh shall be safe upon the waters. And it shall be said in days to come that none is able to go up to the land of Zion upon the waters, but he that is upright in heart" (D&C 61:14-16). Note that only the righteous can transverse the waters during this period. All others, the wicked, die.

In verse three, the Lord incorporates an important symbol in constructing his message. In chapter thirteen, the first monster arose from the sea. There the term sea denoted a large segment of society out of whose upheavals the beast came. In 17:15 an angel states that the waters "are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues" (KJV). Here, in verse three, the sea may have a double connotation: the real sea, and a spiritually dead society that has abandoned itself to idolatry and immorality. As one scholar has noted: "In such a society, morals decline to the lowest level; the family collapses, schools breed anarchy and rebellion, business ethics are forgotten, entertainment becomes base and sordid, and printing presses exude smut and filth, until the whole is strangled in its own death blood and suffocated by its own stench."

What fuels the furnace and drives the engines of such a society is the spirit of idolatry. According to the Doctrine and Covenants, this evil spirit "has been growing stronger and stronger, and is now the very mainspring of all corruption, and the whole earth groans under the weight of its iniquity" (D&C 123:7).

The angel of the water, speaking for the other seven, proclaims the righteousness of God "because [he has] judged thus" (v. 5, KJV). 7 The execution of the sentence reveals and underscores the justice of God. John shows that this justice is a cosmic force that acts as a heavenly flame. When this consuming fire contacts something that is not itself just, conflagration occurs. Corruption must fall to the flame: "When the veil of the covering of my temple, in my tabernacle, which hideth the earth, shall be taken off, and all flesh shall see me together. And every corruptible thing, both of man, or of the beasts of the field, or of the fowls of the heavens, or of the fish of the sea, that dwells upon all the face of the earth, shall be consumed" (D&C 101:23-24). Nothing that has basked and gloried in corruption shall escape the justice of God.

However, it should be noted that the bowls of wrath are not designed to destroy the natural order, but rather to enlist it in the service of divine recompense. Thus, the whole of creation becomes a means by which the wicked are punished. But, as was shown in chapter nine, the most important determinant is man's own malicious disregard for man.

Throughout Revelation (except 11:1), judgment and altar are inseparable (see 6:9; 8:3-5; 9:13; 14:18; 16:7). God inextricably interweaves two principles: sacrifice and judgment. Thus, echoing the angel of the water, the angel of the altar declaresthe absolute justice of God in executing his judgments. One hears reverberations of the song of Moses and the Lamb (see 15:3-5) as the angel declares, "True and righteous are thy judgments" (16:7, KJV). God's actions are in absolute accordance with truth and justice. The execution of God's will enacted by the pouring out of the first three bowls ends in the declaration of his justice. The next two bowls focus on men's reactions to that justice.

I have spoken about this in a previous post where the devil have no charged over any element upon the earth. The posting topic was the cursing of the waters. Angels or spirits are to enact GOD's will at all time. They are considered the 'watchers' as described by Enoch. They stand, watch, or enact GOD's will over their assignment upon the earth. It is a belief, angels or spirits are given a direct responsibility over parts of the earth seen by both John and Enoch (See 1 Enoch 60:17, 19, 21; 61:10).

Edited by Hemidakota

We are living in an unprecedented time in our world's history. The prophecies that were written thousands of years ago are being fulfilled right before our very eyes.

In regards to the Revelations 16:3 prophecy, I believe that it is both a man-made prophecy and a natural occurring prophecy.

The man-made prophecy is being fulfilled from polluting our fresh water and salt water supplies with toxic chemicals and other by-products of industry (i.e. the BP disaster).

Next, there is a natural phenomena that occurs in salt water and can even invade fresh water sources. It is called Red Tide. This is when the naturally occurring algae called Karenia brevis accumulates in high concentrations and releases toxins which kill marine life. The mass accumulation of this algae also turns the water red "and they became blood."

It is possible that this natural occurring phenomena may take place throughout world, making the fresh water supply undrinkable and those peoples that depend upon marine and fish as the their main diet will experience famine.

ok this is really freaking me out

I don't mean to freak you out. While it is true that many of the signs of the last days are terrible, we need to look at these signs with hopeful anticipation that our Lord and Savior will be returning soon. The Lord's purpose for the signs is so this his people will recognize his soon to be arrival.

To quote John Taylor, George Q. Cannon, and Joseph F. Smith from the Epistle of the First Presidency:

The lesson which the signs of the times should teach us is one of patience, endurance, and calm reliance on the Lord. The result will be that we shall be stronger, wiser, purer, happioer, for the experience gained, and the work of the Lord . . . will yet triumph gloriously over all its foes, and the infinite atonement of the Redeemer will accomplish its perfect work. The final victory of the Saints is certain; after the trial comes the reward. (p. 301)

Many of the signs are out of our control. All we can do is live the best we can and to have faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

:patriot: