Fired for being too sexy

hordak

Sorry but if that is what she wore to work and in front of customers I think totally inappropriate. Would also be interesting to know what the dress standards for the company states concerning clothing. I know some companies have very specific guidelines as to what is appropriate or not.

Sorry but if that is what she wore to work and in front of customers I think totally inappropriate. Would also be interesting to know what the dress standards for the company states concerning clothing. I know some companies have very specific guidelines as to what is appropriate or not.

I don't think it's inappropriate. I think a less well-endowed woman would look perfectly modest in such a dress.

She just has some 'junk in the trunk' and is endowed enough that it falls on her the right way. I think she's gorgeous, but not inappropriate. I know lots of women who wear similar outfits to work and they don't get reprimanded.

On the other hand, the bank is saying they fired her for not signing up enough customers. So it might have nothing to do with what she was wearing. I think that's a legitimate reason for firing someone. ;)

If you look through all the pictures you see her in all sorts of "business appropriate" clothing. Most are modest, and most would not be odd to see in an office setting. The outfit she is wearing in the imbeded video is a bit too much for work, but the work photos of her are completely appropriate.

They do look staged, but if that is what she normally wears to work then staged or not she should be ok.

But are they really at her office (since she was fired) or pictures she put together to somehow strengthen her case?

Can you tell I'm in a mood today? :lol:

They could be either, however if she had someone taking pictures of her at work that is a good bit creepy. I am guessing that they are pictures she took after to strengthen her case. The real thing though would be if these pictures are shown in court and the people she is taking her case against say, "Well, that isn't what she was wearing at work." Then we would know that she went out and bought an entirely new wardrobe just to plead a case. If the people say, "Yea, that is what she wore to work every day." Then we know that whether staged or not, that is what she was wearing to work.

The Mock Turtle went on. “We had the best of educations . . . Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with, and then the different branches of Arithmetic—Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.”

“I never heard of Uglification,” Alice ventured to say. “What is it?”

The Gryphon lifted up both its paws in surprise. “Never heard of uglifying!” it exclaimed. “You know what to beautify is, I suppose?”

“Yes,” said Alice, doubtfully: “It means—to—make—anything—prettier.”

“Well, then,” the Gryphon went on, “if you don't know what to uglify is, you are a simpleton.”

Maybe if she'd worked harder in Uglification she'd still be in a job!

Here's my guess:

She is more of a "natural flirt" than a business woman. I've been a bank manager and I had tellers who wore immodest clothing... and I don't mean like these pictures. It was worse and I did send some home and write them up.

Could this woman dress any differently? Maybe. But people just don't trust their money to someone who doesn't know how to dress and act seriously. Her skirts should've been looser and longer. She should've had more padding for that interview as well.

These issues would have directly affected her job performance.

But are they really at her office (since she was fired) or pictures she put together to somehow strengthen her case?

Can you tell I'm in a mood today? :lol:

I've heard her lawyer actually had her do a photo shoot in his office. If these photos are from that shoot, then naturally they're going to be in her most conservative outfits (if those are really outfits she ever wore to that particular job at all).

I respect the problems with finding conservative clothing in this day and age, particularly for those of a particular body type. On the other hand: I refuse to believe that women can't tell when their outfit is going to be - uh - distracting to males.

She is a beautiful, sexy woman. The copper shirt that she is "falling" out of is not appropriate for the work place, unless where you work is a strip club. ;) The pictures of her in the other clothing was professional..if she actually did wear them to work...I do not understand why some women equate near nudity with sexiness, when, in my opinion, leaving something to the imagination is much sexier. Her taste in shoes, however, is excellent!

I think I would prefer to be fired for being too sexy, rather than some trumped up excuse during an industry slump. Unfortunately the former will never happen.

The outfits the lady in question did wear to work seemed appropriate. Her out-on-the-town outfits that she did not wear to work really should not have appeared in this short news segment, since it could confuse viewers.

Sometimes the problem is in the eyes of the viewer.

So. what if it were a guy and he was wearing an athletic cut dress shirt and it accentuated a broad back and well rounded shoulders, muscular arms and a muscular chest and the shirt was tucked into some expensive suit slacks that just happen to cover and accentuate a very athletic backside? Fire him for....being fit? For not having a bag around his waist?

Edited by bytor2112

So. what if it were a guy and he was wearing an athletic cut dress shirt and it accentuated a broad back and well rounded shoulders, muscular arms and a muscular chest and the shirt was tucked into some expensive suit slacks that just happen to cover and accentuate a very athletic backside? Fire him for....being fit? For not having a bag around his waste?

He would be too much of a distraction, yes...... in that he would be distracting all the other women in the office away from me :(

Clearly this man must be fired.

The video segment indicated that she was ordered by management to change her attire and tone down her wardrobe. If she disobeyed that instruction, she was probably fired for insubordination. Her angle of course, is that she was fired for being too sexy, which would be misleading. I have no problem with her being fired for insubordination.

The video segment indicated that she was ordered by management to change her attire and tone down her wardrobe. If she disobeyed that instruction, she was probably fired for insubordination. Her angle of course, is that she was fired for being too sexy, which would be misleading. I have no problem with her being fired for insubordination.

I agree with you 100% about insubordination. My personal belief is that she's making a big deal about this in order to get picked up by a particular 'mens' magazine.... why else would she have two kinds of photos (professional by day, foxy by night) handy for the interview?