one-year anniversary!

today i celebrated my one-year anniversary of being a member of the church :)

this has been an amazing but challenging year. i've gone to the temple 3-4 times to perform baptisms for the dead at two temples, and i'm now in the process of preparing to receive my endowment soon. yesterday i was privilaged to obtain my patriarchal blessing, which i'm already anticipating for the return of my transcript!

thank you to everyone who has been a great deal of support and inspiration for me. i love you all :D

today i celebrated my one-year anniversary of being a member of the church :)

this has been an amazing but challenging year. i've gone to the temple 3-4 times to perform baptisms for the dead at two temples, and i'm now in the process of preparing to receive my endowment soon. yesterday i was privilaged to obtain my patriarchal blessing, which i'm already anticipating for the return of my transcript!

thank you to everyone who has been a great deal of support and inspiration for me. i love you all :D

Your growth is inspiring – how has your changes over the last year affected your non-LDS family and friends that knew you pre your LDS membership?

The Traveler

Your growth is inspiring – how has your changes over the last year affected your non-LDS family and friends that knew you pre your LDS membership?

The Traveler

my family still makes snide comments from time to time, which can be a little disheartening at times, but i take it in strides and try not to let it bother me. as far as my friends, they respect me for applying myself to higher standards, although i already technically lived the same way as i am now before i became a member. i am a little more concious of my actions, pray daily, read and do scripture study twice a day, etc. which is probably the only different part of me.

and guiding my life towards the temple has changed me the most. i feel such a major purpose to my life and how i live. i'm starting to develop that "single eye of faith" as that one scripture says. when i go to do baptisms, i hate to leave and want nothing more than to be there all the time. i truely love serving in the House of the Lord.

How did I miss this?

Congrats, EP!!! I'm looking forward to getting your email telling the date and time of your temple endowment!

it'll be coming - soon hopefully! i had an unfortunate event happen, but i'm going to be making an appointment with the bishop to discuss things and make my case. i have this gut feeling it will be soon. i've been doing a lot of praying and fasting lately about it. (maybe that's why i've lost 10 pounds in a little over a month O_O)

• 3 weeks later...

my family still makes snide comments from time to time, which can be a little disheartening at times, but i take it in strides and try not to let it bother me. as far as my friends, they respect me for applying myself to higher standards, although i already technically lived the same way as i am now before i became a member. i am a little more concious of my actions, pray daily, read and do scripture study twice a day, etc. which is probably the only different part of me.

and guiding my life towards the temple has changed me the most. i feel such a major purpose to my life and how i live. i'm starting to develop that "single eye of faith" as that one scripture says. when i go to do baptisms, i hate to leave and want nothing more than to be there all the time. i truely love serving in the House of the Lord.

Go for the right reason in serving the Lord in the temple and not just to be counted. You will be blessed for it. It is His kingdom and we, being His servants and friends, honor Him and give glory to Him.

Congrats...it is one more step towards the eternal journey with our Heavenly Parents.